TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Corrosion Shelby Hood Pins (Hood/Plates)

I think on my 07 I am going to run some Moroso or Sparco all aluminum polished plates and pop rivet them in to match the hood scoop rivits...they are flat and not billet so they will match the SA originals and look good and possibly never corrode....body shop guy told me that there have been other corrosion issues with Ford without hood pins on aluminum body parts....I have no idea...but I figure if its all aluminum parts that would rule out galvanic corrosion.

I think on my 07 I am going to run some Moroso or Sparco all aluminum polished plates and pop rivet them in to match the hood scoop rivits...they are flat and not billet so they will match the SA originals and look good and possibly never corrode....body shop guy told me that there have been other corrosion issues with Ford without hood pins on aluminum body parts....I have no idea...but I figure if its all aluminum parts that would rule out galvanic corrosion.

He is correct. There is a TSB for Mustang hoods having this issue due to contamination under the paint.

• 3 weeks later...

Number 8 screws work fine. I don't have a clue what the metric equivalence is, but if you use #8 screws, they will work.

So, what was the bet. :hysterical:

Ok I'll eat my hat...:hysterical:

I am going all aluminum flat plates and pop rivets...screw the stainless...:hysterical:

Archived