TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Transmission/Clutch rattle

19Maddog64

With the clutch pedal pushed in on my 2009 GT500 I have a rattling noise. As the clutch is released it goes away. Clutch noise or maybe synchros? Any and all help and/or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Everything else works very well. I am happy with the aftermarket RAM clutch that I replaced the stock clutch with after what I would consider "light" abuse if you could even call it that (a burnout which I rarely do - maybe a lack of burnout experience?). I wanted an aftermarket clutch after reading about the great efforts that many were going through to get theirs right. It was also a little touchy for me and required a lot of attention to take off smoothly from traffic lights.

• 8 months later...

With the clutch pedal pushed in on my 2009 GT500 I have a rattling noise. As the clutch is released it goes away. Clutch noise or maybe synchros? Any and all help and/or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Everything else works very well. I am happy with the aftermarket RAM clutch that I replaced the stock clutch with after what I would consider "light" abuse if you could even call it that (a burnout which I rarely do - maybe a lack of burnout experience?). I wanted an aftermarket clutch after reading about the great efforts that many were going through to get theirs right. It was also a little touchy for me and required a lot of attention to take off smoothly from traffic lights.

Not sure of your aftermarket Ram Clutch, but with stock clutch this rattling is usually in gear with clutch pushed in and is the normal noise of the dual clutch assembly spinning around. I dropped my idle rpm to 750 from 800 and it reduced most of the chatter.

Archived