TEAM SHELBY FORUM

San Antonio Mustang Show today

SGT0128

I was the only SGT there, kind of disappointing but I met lots on interesting new people. Here is a links to all the pics.

http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad184/SGT0128/San%20Antonio%20Mustang%20Show%202010/?start=all

Great stuff, Dwain - thanks for posting those! I had planned to make it down there but got sidetracked at the last minute and couldn't make it.

I'm loving that dual-quad Fairmont.....I've always been partial to Fairmonts and Zephyrs, especially the fastback models.

I see me in the album! It was a nice show, but there was zero Shelby love in the awards, from what I heard.

Your are exactly correct, the only Shelby that won anything were the early model cars. Oh well, I do the shows to meet other owners and shoot the bull any way. Had a good time.

Nice show with great pic's. Love the police Saleen.

Thats Robert. He is a real San Antonio Police Officer. The police chief makes him put a cover on the car when he takes it to work because it says "to punish and enslave" on it.

Yup, I had a great time! I didnt even enter the car show, just wanted to have the 350 there for people to look at. Im not big on the whole premise of car show judging. To me, every car there has someone that loves that particular car more than any other, is molded by a personal taste that obviously not every other person can appreciate or share. Each car is a winner when you think of it like that, and I honestly cant wrap my mind around what makes one better than another other than it being yours. Typically, I don't get a great deal of acceptance by the San Antonio Mustang Club, as Sean and I went to a couple meetings and got a rather cool reception. Thats why we started the San Antonio Shelby Club. As all of you know that have come to one of our events or get togethers, we love ALL Mustangs, and really all Fords, so you wont get that feeling from us! I have great friends in SAMC, and Im glad that I am a part of the show, but I prefer our group hands down! :salute:

BTW- I can understand why some mustang guys feel the awards were lacking, but we had so many of the shows' cars in our class, with only three winners, they went with the highly customized cars instead...understandable. There can only be three winners out of the 60 or 70 S197s there.

Archived