TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NITTO 305/35-20 Drag Radials

2011 P8J

I am about to purchase some Nitto Drag Radials in a quest to enjoy the car in 1st and 2nd gears. I had the car on a lift today and it looks like they will fit without issue but wanted to check if anyone has tried them and how well they hook up.

I got the NT05R 315/35/20, I was actually surprised that they hooked up so well. I have an 2011 GT500 Performance Pack, with 2.6 pulley, L&M TB, Plenum, Lethal Perf. offroad xpipe, Jon Lund Tune. With around 80 more rwhp than stock the factory tires were useless in a straightline. I was hesitant about Nittos but, they are the only company to make 20inch drag radials. I usually use MT. Even at 32psi and cold the Nittos start to hook up halfway through first and only get a little squirlly in second and bark third. Plus they look bad ass on the car! I have not had the chance to get to the track and drop the pressure to 18psi and heat them up. I live in Chicago and hope to go soon before the tracks close for winter. I think they will hook up ok at the track but, from experience with my 05 gt at 541 rwhp I need Slicks to fully hook up at the track. I will let you know how they work out an post my time slips. Summit was the only placed that had them in stock $385 each, worth the investment for better traction and looks. I am already planning on getting Bogart or Racestar Wheels and 28/10 MT ET Drags once I get the Kenne Belle 2.8LC on the car. Evolution perfromance said the kit for the 2011 should be avalaible soon. I am trying to convince my wife that I am buying it for myself for Xmas :) Good Luck !post-30519-011585800 1288373015_thumb.jpg

post-30519-011585800 1288373015_thumb.jpg

I got the NT05R 315/35/20, I was actually surprised that they hooked up so well. I have an 2011 GT500 Performance Pack, with 2.6 pulley, L&M TB, Plenum, Lethal Perf. offroad xpipe, Jon Lund Tune. With around 80 more rwhp than stock the factory tires were useless in a straightline. I was hesitant about Nittos but, they are the only company to make 20inch drag radials. I usually use MT. Even at 32psi and cold the Nittos start to hook up halfway through first and only get a little squirlly in second and bark third. Plus they look bad ass on the car! I have not had the chance to get to the track and drop the pressure to 18psi and heat them up. I live in Chicago and hope to go soon before the tracks close for winter. I think they will hook up ok at the track but, from experience with my 05 gt at 541 rwhp I need Slicks to fully hook up at the track. I will let you know how they work out an post my time slips. Summit was the only placed that had them in stock $385 each, worth the investment for better traction and looks. I am already planning on getting Bogart or Racestar Wheels and 28/10 MT ET Drags once I get the Kenne Belle 2.8LC on the car. Evolution perfromance said the kit for the 2011 should be avalaible soon. I am trying to convince my wife that I am buying it for myself for Xmas :) Good Luck !DSC00330.JPG

You got 315's on stock wheels?

• 3 years later...

I got the NT05R 315/35/20, I was actually surprised that they hooked up so well. I have an 2011 GT500 Performance Pack, with 2.6 pulley, L&M TB, Plenum, Lethal Perf. offroad xpipe, Jon Lund Tune. With around 80 more rwhp than stock the factory tires were useless in a straightline. I was hesitant about Nittos but, they are the only company to make 20inch drag radials. I usually use MT. Even at 32psi and cold the Nittos start to hook up halfway through first and only get a little squirlly in second and bark third. Plus they look bad ass on the car! I have not had the chance to get to the track and drop the pressure to 18psi and heat them up. I live in Chicago and hope to go soon before the tracks close for winter. I think they will hook up ok at the track but, from experience with my 05 gt at 541 rwhp I need Slicks to fully hook up at the track. I will let you know how they work out an post my time slips. Summit was the only placed that had them in stock $385 each, worth the investment for better traction and looks. I am already planning on getting Bogart or Racestar Wheels and 28/10 MT ET Drags once I get the Kenne Belle 2.8LC on the car. Evolution perfromance said the kit for the 2011 should be avalaible soon. I am trying to convince my wife that I am buying it for myself for Xmas smile.gif Good Luck !attachicon.gifDSC00330.JPG

Archived