TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Taking Care of that Rusty Butt

The little woman has me doing some extra errands tomorrow, plus extra events for my daughters birthday...then Halloween...progress will be slowed!!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did manage to get a little more masking done today, and got the first coat of spray on...I should be able to get the second coat of spray on tomorrow, then switch over to the passenger side...

4097272f.jpg

OK, I got the 2nd coat of spray on this section...after it dries a bit I'll be switching to the other side...

1/2 way done!!

45407118.jpg

I removed some of the masking on the driver side...upon doing this one quickly discovers how dirty his blue shocks and sway bars are...

8bcc68c3.jpg

So...I thought I would put on a little cleaner wax on the blue stuff while under there...

Waxing my spring!! :hysterical:

6ab40fe5.jpg

Looking good. Something I have to find time to do. Only bad thing for me is my car is my dd and it does not get parked for the winter. Keep up the good work and keep us posted!!!

Thanks! Yeah, this is tough to get done even if its NOT a DD!!

My progress is at a snail's pace...too many other priorities...but I told my wife last night...I'm hittin' this job hard starting Saturday morning!!!

I actually knew it would take a few weeks; it's tough to find time to do things that you really want to do.

When I click on it all I get is this:

Join Ustream

Watch, Interact and Broadcast Live

Why Join Ustream?

Around the clock Ustream has millions of people from around the world broadcasting live from their homes, school, work and major events. Broadcast or join the Crowds - the world is at your fingertips.

• Watch and interact with live shows from
    around the world.
  • Broadcast from your computer or mobile phone.
  • Join a broadcaster's Crowd to get real time
    alerts when they go live. Never miss a moment.

Zero Tolerance on Piracy:

Ustream makes it easy to express yourself, connect with friends and potentially make new ones along the way.

We in turn ask for each of you to be responsible in the broadcasting of content. Pirated content is not only illegal, but it also hurts the people and industries that we love to support.

As a precautionary measure, we fingerprint live and recorded streams, while working with the authorities to discourage piracy. So, no funny business please.

By seeing this little pop-up, you agree. Now, go out and have some fun today, preferably on Ustream.

Cheers,

Ustream

Please check out our Ustream Terms of Service and our Acceptable Use Policy (http://www.ustream.tv/terms) for more information regarding the terms that govern your use of the Ustream Site and Services.

First Name

Put in your real name so your friends can find you.

Last Name

Username

Password

Retype Password

Email:

Country

Choose your country AFGHANISTAN ALBANIA ALGERIA ANDORRA ANGOLA ANGUILLA ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA ARGENTINA ARMENIA ARUBA AUSTRALIA AUSTRIA AZERBAIJAN BAHAMAS BAHRAIN BANGLADESH BARBADOS BELARUS BELGIUM BELIZE BENIN BERMUDA BHUTAN BOLIVIA BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA BOTSWANA BRAZIL BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS BULGARIA BURKINA FASO BURUNDI CAMBODIA CAMEROON CANADA CAPE VERDE CAYMAN ISLANDS CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC CHAD CHILE CHINA COLOMBIA COMOROS CONGO COSTA RICA COTE D'IVOIRE CROATIA CYPRUS CZECH REPUBLIC DENMARK DJIBOUTI DOMINICA DOMINICAN REPUBLIC ECUADOR EGYPT EL SALVADOR EQUATORIAL GUINEA ESTONIA ETHIOPIA FALKLAND ISLANDS FAROE ISLANDS FIJI FINLAND FRANCE FRENCH POLYNESIA GABON GAMBIA GEORGIA GERMANY GHANA GIBRALTAR GREECE GREENLAND GRENADA GUADELOUPE GUATEMALA GUINEA GUINEA-BISSAU GUYANA HAITI HONDURAS HONG KONG HUNGARY ICELAND INDIA INDONESIA IRAN IRAQ IRELAND ISRAEL ITALY JAMAICA JAPAN JORDAN KAZAKHSTAN KENYA KIRIBATI KUWAIT KYRGYZSTAN LATVIA LEBANON LESOTHO LIBERIA LIBYA LIECHTENSTEIN LITHUANIA LUXEMBOURG MACAO MACEDONIA MADAGASCAR MALAWI MALAYSIA MALDIVES MALI MALTA MARTINIQUE MAURITANIA MAURITIUS MEXICO MONGOLIA MONTSERRAT MOROCCO MOZAMBIQUE NAURU NEPAL NETHERLANDS NETHERLANDS ANTILLES NEW CALEDONIA NEW ZEALAND NICARAGUA NIGER NIGERIA NORWAY OMAN PAKISTAN PANAMA PAPUA NEW GUINEA PARAGUAY PERU PHILIPPINES PITCAIRN ISLANDS POLAND PORTUGAL QATAR REUNION ROMANIA RUSSIA RWANDA SAINT PIERRE AND MIQUELON SAN MARINO SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE SAUDI ARABIA SENEGAL SERBIA SEYCHELLES SIERRA LEONE SINGAPORE SLOVAKIA SLOVENIA SOLOMON ISLANDS SOUTH AFRICA SOUTH KOREA SPAIN SRI LANKA ST CHRISTOPHER ST HELENA ST LUCIA ST VINCENT SUDAN SURINAME SWAZILAND SWEDEN SWITZERLAND TAIWAN TANZANIA THAILAND TOGO TONGA TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO TUNISIA TURKEY TURKMENISTAN TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS TUVALU U.S.A. UGANDA UKRAINE UNITED KINGDOM URUGUAY UZBEKISTAN VANUATU VENEZUELA VIETNAM WALLIS AND FUTUNA ISLANDS YEMEN ZAIRE ZAMBIA ZIMBABWE

What country do you live in?

State

Choose your state Other Non-US Alabama Alaska Alberta American Samoa Arizona Arkansas Armed Forces Africa Armed Forces Americas Armed Forces Canada Armed Forces Europe Armed Forces Middle East Armed Forces Pacific British Columbia California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District Of Columbia Fed. States Of Micronesia Florida Georgia Guam Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Manitoba Marshall Islands Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Brunswick New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York Newfoundland North Carolina North Dakota Northern Mariana Islands Northwest Territory Nova Scotia Ohio Oklahoma Ontario Oregon Other Non-US Palau Pennsylvania Prince Edward Island Puerto Rico Quebec Rhode Island Saskatchewan South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virgin Islands Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Yukon

What state do you live in?

Zip Code

What's your zip code?

Male Female Birthday

Heading out to lunch...the live show will resume at 1pm EST, starting with more masking....

http://www.ustream.t...-butt-treatment

This side is brushed, cleaned and ready for masking....

5b62198f.jpg

Taking a break to do some iRacing...I should be restarting around 3:30. I've got enough masking done now to start brusing on the rust-proofihg....

Ok, the first coat of rust killer is now on the right side of the axle. Tomorrow afternoon I'll get the 2nd coat on. Looks like I'll be finishing up next weekend at this point.

Well sum beach how about that... Looks like you one-upped Grabber!! :hysterical:

Well...that wasnt my intent!! But if you saw any of the show I hope you enjoyed it!

That's the first time I've tried Ustream...I don't know what made me think about it...it was easy to set up and do.

I Live in Key West, I was washing my car yesterday ( I usually was her once every 5-7 days...and wax her 3-4 months...the weather & salt are harsh) and I'm noticing alot of the rust build up, this might be something I'll have to pursue...in 1-3 years. Great work, I'll be visiting this post in a while double check for the expert did it. Good luck, man.

-Colin

2007 Shelby GT

CSM 1200

The Rusty Butt Show is live now!!...as of 7:50 EST.

I need to get the last coat of rust treatment on tonight, so then all I'll need to do this weekend, basically, is spray....and finish!!

Yeah, I'm sure its like watching paint dry!! :hysterical3:

I'm showing a view of the finished side for a little while here...I'm all done for the night....

Archived