TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VMP Tune And Pulley = Awesome

Redline58

Just finished adding 2.59" pulley and Tune from Justin at VMP Tuning to my 2011 Gt500.After taking it for a 1 hour cruise all I can say is WOW, what a difference.Car is far more responsive throughout the entire power range.Low end acceleration and high end are vastly improved.Wish I could get a dyno on it to see RWHP.I am running 100 octane sunoco gt260 and Justin gave me Tune for both 93 and 100.I highly recommend this combo,car really came alive after it.Thanks Justin

Sounds great, I wish I had the balls to do that but 1-2 shift stopping anything over OEM until fixed. Any problems with heatsoak? Someone said doing a pully vs. S/C for same HP output will create more heat on the compressed side.

I also have the 1-2 shift problem have you been to the dealer what did they say?

Sounds great, I wish I had the balls to do that but 1-2 shift stopping anything over OEM until fixed. Any problems with heatsoak? Someone said doing a pully vs. S/C for same HP output will create more heat on the compressed side.

Not so far, can always replace stock pulley and tune if dealer service is required.Feels like a different car, well worth it .

Cant wait! I got the pulley and idler. Getting readuy to install. Having trouble getting new 2011 firmware updated on my 2 yr old sct tuner from another car. Think I may just send it to him. Got 300 miles on car now so its ready!

On a side note I doubt a dealer would even notice VMPs stock look pulley and Im sure it would run fine on stock tune if you stayed out of boost.

No 1-2 shift problem YET! But... Ive been careful with it. Thinking I might install MGW shifter before I have the grinding. I test drove a 2011 500 with 180 miles on it and it was really bad. Guess Im already ahead of that.

I also have the 1-2 shift problem have you been to the dealer what did they say?

I haven't been to my dealer yet. I'm waiting for results from those that have parts on back order and for Fords rumored investigation. I've ground 3 times now under different circumstances but as long as I shift under 4500 rpm and don't force it in, it does fine. However, this is bandaid driving and not going to be accepted by me as a permanent fix. As long as I don't do any mods, my warranty will be intact.

I still feel this is a clutch or a tranny or a combination of the syncros not being able to handle the torque. I'm not convinced it is a shifter issue at this time by meer fact it does not control the internal gates. It is more of a "feel" thing to the driver...

But. lets not go indepth here, there is a seperate thread to discuss this.

Cant wait! I got the pulley and idler. Getting readuy to install. Having trouble getting new 2011 firmware updated on my 2 yr old sct tuner from another car. Think I may just send it to him. Got 300 miles on car now so its ready!

On a side note I doubt a dealer would even notice VMPs stock look pulley and Im sure it would run fine on stock tune if you stayed out of boost.

No 1-2 shift problem YET! But... Ive been careful with it. Thinking I might install MGW shifter before I have the grinding. I test drove a 2011 500 with 180 miles on it and it was really bad. Guess Im already ahead of that.

No shift problems here either 260 miles on her.Install was simple, remove overflow bottle( 2 10mm bolts) to gain simple access to idler for supercharger belt removal.Good luck on install, it will be well worth it.

I am running 100 octane Sunoco 260 gt so I was able to have Justin write a more agressive tune.He also loaded 93 octane tune as well.He has dynoed 2011s and seen between 60 and 70 horse gain with pulley and tune.Not sure if he ever dynoed a 100 octane tune/pulley?.Next I will swap throttle body for another 20- 30 HP.

I am running 100 octane Sunoco 260 gt so I was able to have Justin write a more agressive tune.He also loaded 93 octane tune as well.He has dynoed 2011s and seen between 60 and 70 horse gain with pulley and tune.Not sure if he ever dynoed a 100 octane tune/pulley?.Next I will swap throttle body for another 20- 30 HP.

Wow those are like 07-09 gain's. Those kind of gains would put my stock 91 octane 2011's 522whp run I did 2 weeks ago at close 592whp, 600+whp with 100 octane and you say an extra 30whp on top of that with a TB.........idk about all that but its sure wishful thinking to have my car at 630whp with just a pulley, TB, and 100 octane tune.

Justins numbers o. 2011 showed 485 rwhp before pulley and. Tune on 93.After Tune and pulley 545 for 60 rwhp gain,whiich worms out to about 620 at the crank.Throttle body should be another 10+20 for a total of 640 rwhp and 565 rwhp.Not sure difference 100 octane makes as far as rwhp

Wow those are like 07-09 gain's. Those kind of gains would put my stock 91 octane 2011's 522whp run I did 2 weeks ago at close 592whp, 600+whp with 100 octane and you say an extra 30whp on top of that with a TB.........idk about all that but its sure wishful thinking to have my car at 630whp with just a pulley, TB, and 100 octane tune.

Are you sure you dynoed 522 rwhp?Sounds way too high.Should be around 485 based on 550 crank hp.

I

Are you sure you dynoed 522 rwhp?Sounds way too high.Should be around 485 based on 550 crank hp.

I

The 550 is a bit under rated so I wouldn't be too surprised if he did dyno that high. There are many videos of stock 2011's pulling 500+ at the wheel including a few from Tasca and MMFF. 522 would be one of the higher ones that I remember seeing but it's certainly not unreasonable.

^ There's a 522whp 2011 on youtube in addition to my 521whp run which I made after a 2011 5.0L put down 370whp and backed off the rollers, so its a legit number.

Gonna try to get a dyno Sat.Will post results.Was going by Justin from VMP numbers.Will be real happy if Im working on 592 rwhp

The 550 is a bit under rated so I wouldn't be too surprised if he did dyno that high. There are many videos of stock 2011's pulling 500+ at the wheel including a few from Tasca and MMFF. 522 would be one of the higher ones that I remember seeing but it's certainly not unreasonable.

There was a o7 gt500 with a cai and a tasca 2.60 pulley and tuned at tasca with a dyno sheet that that said 568 rwhp then he took it home and put it on a dynojet dyno and it came up 535rwhp on a cooler day this was a couple of years ago it was either the dyno or the elevation that made the difference he said he had better weather when it was on the dynojet dyno

Just finished adding 2.59" pulley and Tune from Justin at VMP Tuning to my 2011 Gt500.After taking it for a 1 hour cruise all I can say is WOW, what a difference.Car is far more responsive throughout the entire power range.Low end acceleration and high end are vastly improved.Wish I could get a dyno on it to see RWHP.I am running 100 octane sunoco gt260 and Justin gave me Tune for both 93 and 100.I highly recommend this combo,car really came alive after it.Thanks Justin

AWESOME to hear. I plan to do this mod in the spring. Will be adding an FRPP twin 65mm TB as well. Cant wait!! I'll do a dyno before and after.

AWESOME to hear. I plan to do this mod in the spring. Will be adding an FRPP twin 65mm TB as well. Cant wait!! I'll do a dyno before and after.

My 2010 with cj tb / tune/ pulley /axle backs did 581 rwhp / 532 torque at 65 degrees on a mustang dyno with 91 octane so your numbers are within reason.

Too bad you didnt get a baseline run followed by a run with your new mods because us 2011'ers have been waiting since June to see what kind of gains a Pulley and tune does for a 2011 but still we have nothing.

I'm glad it feels awesome for you though.

Getting Dyno reading Saturday, will post results Saturday evening.

Archived