TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Getting Closer. One More Step...

Yesterday, I e-mailed Robert and figured out I was asking the wrong guy. I asked about the window of time that SAI will take shipment of a base GT for a 2011 45th GT350. He flipped the e-mail to Roger, and I have everything I need now to pull the trigger.....with the final exception of the boss's approval. We talked at dinner last night. That is step two. Talk is good. Step one was having the paperwork, pricing, procedure lined up for her to see firsthand...not just a 'drooled on' picture!

My real problem is only space. I would keep the 500, but need to move my BMW 1. The cut-off for those of you that may be wondering, is Dec. 31, 2010 for GT drop-off to SAI. Roger was nice enough to give me the names of a few dealers in the Vegas area that might be able to expedite the process, should I need it. Color is not an issue with me, as I already believe that white/blue stripe is THE correct color...hence my s/o GT500. So waiting till 2012 for red and blue doesn't matter to me.

Warren, let me just say thanks to you for the info early on. I hope you are enjoying the @#$% out of your new car! I know the answer to that one!!

I hope I am soon to be 'in the club'. :)

BIKEBOY

edit- Wife is in...need to sell the GT500 now, instead of the BMW 1.

Good luck with the boss. Hope it works out for you and hope this car is everything we both hope it would be. Should have my soon.

Thanks!!!

A couple things though. I notice in your sig. you are in Amish Country That could be dangerous with a 20th Century rocket like this!

Also, is it true...May 26th your car has been sitting there since?? You have probably had to discover a side of you, you didn't know existed, eh? Patience.

Thanks!!!

A couple things though. I notice in your sig. you are in Amish Country That could be dangerous with a 20th Century rocket like this!

Also, is it true...May 26th your car has been sitting there since?? You have probably had to discover a side of you, you didn't know existed, eh? Patience.

It is true. Since May 26th. Not sure how patient I have been..... :banghead: Really, most of the time I've been ok with the wait but sometimes it was tough without getting factual info but it is really hard now that the driving season is ending AND it is almost ready.

BTW-might sell my GT500 vert if this new car is as good as advertised.

It is true. Since May 26th. Not sure how patient I have been..... :banghead: Really, most of the time I've been ok with the wait but sometimes it was tough without getting factual info but it is really hard now that the driving season is ending AND it is almost ready.

tony- how are you gonna pick it up?

Hang in there Tony we are getting closer. At least I'm in warmer climate and will get to drive it in December or January or February.

Right now it is like nails on a chalkboard if you catch my drift.

Flying out with my 11 year old daughter and taking a week to see the sights and drive back to pa. Might have to take the southern route cross country though. We will see.

Sweet.....so you are not going to worry about keeping it out of weather ever? Good for you. I wish I had that mentality! :)

Sweet.....so you are not going to worry about keeping it out of weather ever? Good for you. I wish I had that mentality! :)

I always drive my cars and kinda drive em hard. Have taken many over 1000+ miles trips with many fine rides: 1961 Porsche roadster, 1996 Porsche 911 twin turbo, 1993 rx-7 twin turbo, 2006 Porsche 911 C4S conv and picked up my gt500 in Florida and drove it back to pa - in December! The artistry of cars is two fold to me. The visual beauty and the driving beauty. Why "save" a car for the next owner......so you can get a few extra bucks when u sell/trade? Don't get me wrong, I keep them in pristine condition but within the confines of driving them.

The gt350 might be "baby'd" a bit more since it will probably wind up being a pretty rare car - but it will see the track.

Yesterday, I e-mailed Robert and figured out I was asking the wrong guy. I asked about the window of time that SAI will take shipment of a base GT for a 2011 45th GT350. He flipped the e-mail to Roger, and I have everything I need now to pull the trigger.....with the final exception of the boss's approval. We talked at dinner last night. That is step two. Talk is good. Step one was having the paperwork, pricing, procedure lined up for her to see firsthand...not just a 'drooled on' picture!

My real problem is only space. I would keep the 500, but need to move my BMW 1. The cut-off for those of you that may be wondering, is Dec. 31, 2010 for GT drop-off to SAI. Roger was nice enough to give me the names of a few dealers in the Vegas area that might be able to expedite the process, should I need it. Color is not an issue with me, as I already believe that white/blue stripe is THE correct color...hence my s/o GT500. So waiting till 2012 for red and blue doesn't matter to me.

Warren, let me just say thanks to you for the info early on. I hope you are enjoying the @#$% out of your new car! I know the answer to that one!!

BIKEBOY

So if Im understanding you correctly, if I want a white/blue GT350, I must have it to Shelby by the end of the year.............? Seems kinda crazy since they just started rolling out recently.... :headscratch:

Congrats and welcome to the club Bikeboy!!!

I drove it down to the Texas mile today, and back. About 300 miles for today on her!!!

Guys, You wont be disappointed at all!

I just cant believe this car. Im selling the Gt500 vert. I wont ever want to drive it after this car anyway.

The best thing I like is the car is managable. If you keep on half throttle it is quick, but the supercharger doesnt kick in, and then you put your foot down, and its a totally different animal.

I had a zr1 pull up on me on the long drive home. He must have been at the event. We were doing about 75, and he takes off. I hesitated, but I kind of just wanted to know how my car stacks up....I know it was wrong, but I dropped down into 4th and hit it. I gave him the jump and still took him before 120....

No flames...it was an empty road, and I had a weak moment I know it was wrong. I finally let off and the guy pulls up next to me and mouths WTF?! We caravaned the rest of the way to San Antonio, but Seperated downtown. I cant wait to get this on the track and really lay into it!!!

So if Im understanding you correctly, if I want a white/blue GT350, I must have it to Shelby by the end of the year.............? Seems kinda crazy since they just started rolling out recently.... :headscratch:

Sorry...didn't make myself clear. If you want a 45th Anniversary monikered car, that's the cut-off date!

:salute:

I drove it down to the Texas mile today, and back. About 300 miles for today on her!!!

I just cant believe this car. Im selling the Gt500 vert. I wont ever want to drive it after this car anyway.

The best thing I like is the car is managable. If you keep on half throttle it is quick, but the supercharger doesnt kick in, and then you put your foot down, and its a totally different animal.

I had a zr1 pull up on me on the long drive home. He must have been at the event. We were doing about 75, and he takes off. I hesitated, but I kind of just wanted to know how my car stacks up....I know it was wrong, but I dropped down into 4th and hit it. I gave him the jump and still took him before 120....

No flames...it was an empty road, and I had a weak moment I know it was wrong. I finally let off and the guy pulls up next to me and mouths WTF?! We caravaned the rest of the way to San Antonio, but Seperated downtown. I cant wait to get this on the track and really lay into it!!!

What a great story Warren!! Instant respect from that guy, it sounds like. :salute:

As for me. We talked at length last night. It's a go!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

However, we agreed to let the 500 go instead of the BMW. She hates American cars, and wants to keep the BMW. She says 2 Shelbys would be silly. I have learned one thing in 32 years...you pick your battles!

So, I am officially going to advertise the 500 now. I want to be realistic, as I paid MSRP, and don't want to sit on it forever. We are thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $36-$37. I am going to use several different outlets at one time. Unfortunately we are upon the wintery stuff here in the east, which will narrow the buying audience a tad.

I am going to call Roger on Monday and figure out what I have to do absolutely first...cart / horse?

Thanks guys!!

Awesome.

Conrgats BIKEBOY. :rockon:

I look forward to seeing the arrival thread for your GT350.

What a great story Warren!! Instant respect from that guy, it sounds like. :salute:

As for me. We talked at length last night. It's a go!!!!!! happy feet.gifhappy feet.gifhappy feet.gif

However, we agreed to let the 500 go instead of the BMW. She hates American cars, and wants to keep the BMW. She says 2 Shelbys would be silly. I have learned one thing in 32 years...you pick your battles!

So, I am officially going to advertise the 500 now. I want to be realistic, as I paid MSRP, and don't want to sit on it forever. We are thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $36-$37. I am going to use several different outlets at one time. Unfortunately we are upon the wintery stuff here in the east, which will narrow the buying audience a tad.

I am going to call Roger on Monday and figure out what I have to do absolutely first...cart / horse?

Thanks guys!!

BIKEBOY

Don't ask, Just tell...c'mon dude! :hysterical:

Warren, or anyone else know, what you do to get the Std. headlamps??? I don't care for HID's, not retro enuf looking for me. I don't see it on the mandatory order form, and I see Warren's car has HID's? As well, if I do vinyl stripes, can I get the rear bumper cover striped too? I see the S H E L B Y letters are indented into the cover. Would the vinyl cover the indentation?

Thanks guys! :salute:

Warren, or anyone else know, what you do to get the Std. headlamps??? I don't care for HID's, not retro enuf looking for me. I don't see it on the mandatory order form, and I see Warren's car has HID's? As well, if I do vinyl stripes, can I get the rear bumper cover striped too? I see the S H E L B Y letters are indented into the cover. Would the vinyl cover the indentation?

Thanks guys! :salute:

Congrats on your choice!

First off; you can select the HID's when you order the car. The normal headlights are standard on the car as it rolls out of the factory. Second; the vinyl stripes do not go all the way down the rear of the car. The only way to get that is to go with the painted stripes. The painted stripes give you the option of the rear fascia and also deleting the 350 from the hood if you choose.

Hope that helps.

John

Congrats on your choice!

First off; you can select the HID's when you order the car. The normal headlights are standard on the car as it rolls out of the factory. Second; the vinyl stripes do not go all the way down the rear of the car. The only way to get that is to go with the painted stripes. The painted stripes give you the option of the rear fascia and also deleting the 350 from the hood if you choose.

Hope that helps.

John

Thanks John! Helps alot! Another TS member pm'd me last night, and has a car there for the program and wants out. I may be in much sooner!!

:happy feet:

Archived