TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Storing... I know there are a million post but...

rba44

Hey All, I just have a question re storing. I have the good luck to be storing my car indoors, not in a garage but indoors, climate controlled. no critters, clean studio. Other then the normal stuff I have read about, Oil change top up fuel and stabilizer ( what stabilizer do you recommend) , pump up tires +4 PSI, Clean and Wax. Do you think I need to do anything else to it? Should I cover it? Should I keep roof up or down? Do I need to start it and run engine or should I put tender on? Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Hey All, I just have a question re storing. I have the good luck to be storing my car indoors, not in a garage but indoors, climate controlled. no critters, clean studio. Other then the normal stuff I have read about, Oil change top up fuel and stabilizer ( what stabilizer do you recommend) , pump up tires +4 PSI, Clean and Wax. Do you think I need to do anything else to it? Should I cover it? Should I keep roof up or down? Do I need to start it and run engine or should I put tender on? Any help is appreciated

Thanks

I put a battery tender on and cover my car in addition to everything else you mention. I think there are some posters that also use the inflatable car capsules as well...which I think is the ulitmate for car hibernation.

M.

Seems like you covered almost everything. Grabber has some pretty extensive write-ups, with pictures, regarding this topic. Maybe you can search for his posts. I think he has one of those "bubbles." Unless you're sure of no critters, mousetraps might not be a bad idea. I caught three or four mice in my garage last winter.

Inside that neat garage of yours? I wonder what kind of reptiles are hiding in mine then lol. I like your car lifts man and why can't the shelby be underneath? haha!

Well, that was LAST winter, before I had the garage redone. Maybe I'll just catch neater, cleaner mice this year.

The GT500 is on top because it's a better car! ;) My kids are less likely to ding/scratch it when it's up there (The real reason is that I need the M-B underneath since it's my daily driver).

What make of lift is it????

It's Harding Steel, Inc.: http://www.hardingsteel.com/

It works well, is incredibly sturdy, and looks cool. It was put in by Potomac Garage Solutions, who did the entire garage: http://www.potomacgaragesolutions.com/

What does everybody prefer? Parking brake on, leave transmission in gear, both??

Here's my thread on what I do:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60449-winterized-my-shelby-today/page__view__findpost__p__1030312

.....and I leave the parking brake on and the car out of gear.

Archived