TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Now this is Viper and Z06 Killer

Mark25

Check out this baby...very, very, very expensive...2006 Mustang Shelby GT500E - 725HP!!...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-MUSTAN...1QQcmdZViewItem

More info...

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/gt500e-super...erformance.html

They are nice cars unique performance finds 67/68 cars in good shape they stripe them down and do a full resto and restomod turning it into the super snake. You pay for the time that goes into the work on one if you ever watched the American chopper episodes where he gets a Super snake for making them a bike you get to see some of what they have to do to the cars to get them into shape.

Just a side note

http://customfastbackca.com/supersnake.htm

there have been other cars that have a 427 side oiler but none of them where factory if it was a dealer installed motor it didn't count. Back then it was possible to do that kind of stuff. Also read that someone bought a warehouse full of parts from a dealership closing in the midwest inside they found I think 3 427 side oilers in the plastic never installed. Thats a big deal to someone wanting a matching numbers correct replacement.

Just some useless trivia :D

They are nice cars unique performance finds 67/68 cars in good shape they stripe them down and do a full resto and restomod turning it into the super snake. You pay for the time that goes into the work on one if you ever watched the American chopper episodes where he gets a Super snake for making them a bike you get to see some of what they have to do to the cars to get them into shape.

Just a side note

http://customfastbackca.com/supersnake.htm

there have been other cars that have a 427 side oiler but none of them where factory if it was a dealer installed motor it didn't count. Back then it was possible to do that kind of stuff. Also read that someone bought a warehouse full of parts from a dealership closing in the midwest inside they found I think 3 427 side oilers in the plastic never installed. Thats a big deal to someone wanting a matching numbers correct replacement.

Just some useless trivia :D

True and correct. There were 12 others- done aftermarket by Tasca Ford- as Supersnakes. These have big $$$$$ value, if properly documented. I actually had :cry: the chance :cry: to buy a documented one back in 1982, but it seemed like too much cash :ohsnap: , and since it was 'aftermarket', I passed.

Yes, I am a jackass. :cry:

There was also another claimed Tasca Supersnake for sale in 2000 on Cape Cod, but I passed on that because the guy had no documentation.

True and correct. There were 12 others- done aftermarket by Tasca Ford- as Supersnakes. These have big $$$$$ value, if properly documented. I actually had :cry: the chance :cry: to buy a documented one back in 1982, but it seemed like too much cash :ohsnap: , and since it was 'aftermarket', I passed.

Yes, I am a jackass. :cry:

There was also another claimed Tasca Supersnake for sale in 2000 on Cape Cod, but I passed on that because the guy had no documentation.

I feel your pain :cry: I had a similar experience in my bid for a Gt350 in 02 I was 10K short today unless I rob Fort Knox its never gonna happen. Back in 82 you could have never known what it would bring in the future I'm sure you looked at it as something to drive and enjoy not a nest egg. And you did the right think passing on one with no documentation you know your stuff and made the right call. I've seen what happens on taking someones word for something like that. Ford never made a gazillion 66 k-code convertibles but they magically appear all the time :D

Its tough to believe now but it used to be frowned on to be anything other than original. I think the hobby has turned from preservation into whatever makes money. Thats not true in all cases but I hate to see a shelby reproduction up on a auction block, to me it was created for only one purpose to make money. If I went to all the trouble to make my own I'd be driving and enjoying it but still it kills the whole reason why Shelbys are special.

When you get yourself a GT500 it will ease you pain I'm sure :yahoo:

I feel your pain :cry: I had a similar experience in my bid for a Gt350 in 02 I was 10K short today unless I rob Fort Knox its never gonna happen. Back in 82 you could have never known what it would bring in the future I'm sure you looked at it as something to drive and enjoy not a nest egg. And you did the right think passing on one with no documentation you know your stuff and made the right call. I've seen what happens on taking someones word for something like that. Ford never made a gazillion 66 k-code convertibles but they magically appear all the time :D

Its tough to believe now but it used to be frowned on to be anything other than original. I think the hobby has turned from preservation into whatever makes money. Thats not true in all cases but I hate to see a shelby reproduction up on a auction block, to me it was created for only one purpose to make money. If I went to all the trouble to make my own I'd be driving and enjoying it but still it kills the whole reason why Shelbys are special.

When you get yourself a GT500 it will ease you pain I'm sure :yahoo:

So you know what I mean. 20/20 rearview, right? Thanks for the kind words, I'm hoping that '08 will bring me a new Shelby GT500! :party2:

Archived