TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAN FRANCISCO - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm stoked about a Rangers/Giants Series! In spring training neither team was considered as a contender. For the Rangers this has been a storybook year with the near bankruptcy, soap opera of the team's sale to the Greenburg/Ryan group, the trade for Lee out from under the Yankees (Old George has got to be rolling over in his grave!) to beating the team with best record in the bigs, then absolutely dominating the Yankees in 5 of 6 games (Yankees didn't win game 2, the Rangers bullpen gave up the 8th inning, which by the way is why the Ranger bullpen scares me with exception of the Dutch Oven).

Ranger fans have always held out hope that the Rangers would find a WS, but now that is has actually happened no one can actually believe it.

So, in the immortal words of the old school brother, 'Get your heads out your butts and go play baseball!'

6b5bbcda.jpg

Say what you want, but when Bonds came to the plate, everyone, and I mean everyone, stopped to watch the at bat.

Does that include all the dopes with canoe's in McCovey Cove?????? :hysterical:

This series is a Toss Up, no clear favorite. Texas has better hitting, SF better Pitching.

And by the way Bonds Sucks, I am so glad this happened after no one would sign him. No one took as much Juice as that guy, his head and feet grew a couple sizes and the idiot still says he did not take anything.

This series is a Toss Up, no clear favorite. Texas has better hitting, SF better Pitching.

And by the way Bonds Sucks, I am so glad this happened after no one would sign him. No one took as much Juice as that guy, his head and feet grew a couple sizes and the idiot still says he did not take anything.

This should most definitely be a cliff hanger of a series. When looking at the numbers both teams are neck and neck. SF can hit, they just don't have the run production (both teams have equal number of Homeruns for the season). When you check the pitching stats of the Rangers following the Lee trade it's a whole different perspective from the first half of the season.

Bonds was an amazing ballplayer, he was just an asshat of a human. But some of the great ones where. Cobbs for example.

The juice didn't give Bonds his skill, it only made him play longer and achieve stats that were inflated.

Being a Yanks fan my whole life, and having the pleasure of seeing them win time after time, I knew they didn't have enough in the tank to win it all in 2010. While I thought they'd get past Texas, I didn't think they would have enough to win the Series.

Texas did a good job at exploiting the Yanks weakness. I'm going to root for them to beat the Giants.

Very surprised Philly could'nt get past the Giants. No matter what anyone says, Philly was the team favored to win it all this year. They simply shit the bed.

I bet you saw the Phillies taking it in 5 also. B)

They are a great team that got beat. They've had their time, now it's the Giants stage.

even thought i am a Phils fan, i thought they wouldnt be able to beat the Rangers, Texas hitters are on fire while the Phils are taking too many K's (HOWARD!)

I am surprised the Giants Knocked out the Rangers Ace with 5 runs and went on to score 6 more............

Wonder if they can keep up this pace?????

Remember its not the First Game but is the Last Game that COUNTS???????? :hysterical:

Congrats to the Giants, they played a great game and had some very well placed hits (balls knocked into the corners are killers for any team). Cliff did not have his usual control over the ball last night, it happens (I personally think that swinging the bat threw off his rhythm). I'm upset with the idea to put Vlad in RF! 4 errors for the Rangers, 2 attributed to Vlad alone.....

The true Ranger fan is just stoked just to be in the WS and has not enjoyed all the talk from the media that they are the favorites in the series. We prefered the Rangers as the underdog. Having said that, Giants fans better not get too cocky after game 1. There is still a whole series to play. I'll be nervous if CJ does not have a strong game tonight, and will be shocked if the Rangers Defense doesn't respond.

Cain, 21-1/3 innings ZERO era for this post season, Rangers pitching has vomited all over themselves and have come undone! I love it...then the camera pans to the Texas GM, who appears to be on the verge of tears...

Archived