TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Shelby GT350 Photo Set

61741-2.jpg

A sneak peak when passing by Carroll Shelby's office. Notice his window overlooks production.

Robert,

Great pictures of the GT350 production.

I notice in the picture above that Carroll has a model of a Lockheed P-38 fighter (designed by Kelly Johnson of U-2, SR-71 and F-117 fame) suspended from his office ceiling showing invasion stripes (a la Shelby style) which signifies European theater activity.

Below is a picture of my Dad with the real thing several days before D-Day (his second of 3 aircraft, the first 2 getting shot out from under him). I know he would recognize the GT350 as a high performance automobile peer to Kelly Johnson's http://en.wikipedia....larence_Johnson aircraft.

I'm starting to think a GT350 may be in my cross hair. Keep up the great work and congratulations!:salute:

DadwithPegll.jpg

2.jpg

Robert,

I notice in the picture above that Carroll has a model of a Lockheed P-38 fighter (designed by Kelly Johnson of U-2, SR-71 and F-117 fame) suspended from his office ceiling showing invasion stripes (a la Shelby style) which signifies European theater activity.

Below is a picture of my Dad with the real thing several days before D-Day (his second of 3 aircraft, the first 2 getting shot out from under him). I know he would recognize the GT350 as a high performance automobile peer to Kelly Johnson's http://en.wikipedia....larence_Johnson aircraft.

I'm starting to think a GT350 may be in my cross hair. Keep up the great work and congratulations!:salute:

Thanks for sharing the photo of your Dad. I am in San Diego, just south of Riverside County where there is an air museum that is part of what used to be March Air Force base. Part of that museum, but in a separate building, has a P-38. If you go on the right day, you can meet a few of the guys who flew them. Theirs is a great story and, by all accounts, it was an animal of an airplane to fly well. Sounds like you are saying that if your Dad was here and in the market for a muscle car, he would be in line for a GT350.

Jim

not enough cragar's to go around. Once the big brakes go on, the stock rims dont fit.

That and I think they put "pushers" on so that the Cragers do not get damaged.

Robert,

Now THAT was an awesome plane. The entire ceiling of Carroll's office is adorned with planes.

61741-3.jpg

61741-1.jpg

God if you are listening! PLEASE LET ONE OF THEM BE MY CAR!:cry:

I'm starting to get tired of running donuts with my Die Cast model!

Venom...you could narrow it down a tad, at least from that photo...are your stripes painted on?

Archived