TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Adjustable panhard bar "needed"??

CMG

I lowered my car about 1" and rear is now shifted about 1/2" to left. Is this much a really big deal and if so why or is it just cosmetic? Really dont notice unless your looking for it.

Clayton you need a bmr adjustable panhard bar to center it they install them on all ss with the ford racing springs it keeps everything aligned cj pony parts has the best price on them . IMO it is mainly cosmetic . I have used steeda and bmr I like bmr the best..I just sold my steeda and got a bmr Eddie

Lowering of the car did not shift it to the left. They all come 1/2" to the left, but you don't notice it unless you add wider rims or lower the car. Common issue with shelby. Most owners don't even know it until you tell them

Thanks. I should have checked before I lowered it. I think I may change it later just for the cosmetic reason. Im still recovering from buying the most expensive late model car Ive ever had. lol!

Mine is NOT off center at stock ride height.

Hard to explain on a keyboard answer: The adjustable panhard bar will give you the ability to get the rear end lined back up at an un-articulated suspension position, but the very nature of how the rear suspension works will move it in and out of alignment as it travels up and down through its range of motion. Having it as close to centered as possible when at static height is just a better way of ensuring traction under articulation because it keeps the rear end from becoming extremely off center as it travels. You have to consider how a 3 link panhard suspension works. Basically the rear end moves in an arc as it progresses through its range of motion and that arc is limited to the length of the panhard bar itself. So the adjustability of the bar gives you the ability to taylor the rears range of motion based on the ride height of the car.

Short answer: In order to correct the off center rear end, you need an adjustable panhard bar. IF you want the off center rear end corrected. Personally, the cosmetics of it alone are enough for me to spend the small investment in an adj panhard and the other percs are just gravy. Its not like we're talking mega bucks and it will not only add adjustability and the ability to recenter the rear, but the thicker more robust bar and stiffer polly bushings will also sure up the feel as well.

I have a J&M adjustable panhard sitting in my garage waiting to go in with the rest of my suspension mods which also include Eibach Pro-kit springs and numerous other parts from J&M, CHE and Shelby.

Mine is NOT off center at stock ride height.

Hard to explain on a keyboard answer: The adjustable panhard bar will give you the ability to get the rear end lined back up at an un-articulated suspension position, but the very nature of how the rear suspension works will move it in and out of alignment as it travels up and down through its range of motion. Having it as close to centered as possible when at static height is just a better way of ensuring traction under articulation because it keeps the rear end from becoming extremely off center as it travels. You have to consider how a 3 link panhard suspension works. Basically the rear end moves in an arc as it progresses through its range of motion and that arc is limited to the length of the panhard bar itself. So the adjustability of the bar gives you the ability to taylor the rears range of motion based on the ride height of the car.

Short answer: In order to correct the off center rear end, you need an adjustable panhard bar. IF you want the off center rear end corrected. Personally, the cosmetics of it alone are enough for me to spend the small investment in an adj panhard and the other percs are just gravy. Its not like we're talking mega bucks and it will not only add adjustability and the ability to recenter the rear, but the thicker more robust bar and stiffer polly bushings will also sure up the feel as well.

I have a J&M adjustable panhard sitting in my garage waiting to go in with the rest of my suspension mods which also include Eibach Pro-kit springs and numerous other parts from J&M, CHE and Shelby.

Good job explaining. I understand and agree.

Hey Check out my post n Sept 9th, and you can read some of the other comments and replies I received when I raised the same question. It does seems like the panhard bar is the way to go but I have also figured out that you are the only one that will probably notice it. lol. I havent done anything to mine because the shelby factory said that they are to the left for a reason, something dealing with the trackBut your car is sick. Silver was my first choice but for some reason decided to black it out. Have you noticed much difference in your ride quality?

Thanks. I should have checked before I lowered it. I think I may change it later just for the cosmetic reason. Im still recovering from buying the most expensive late model car Ive ever had. lol!

Oh, post is titled. 2011 GT500 axle off center

Hey Check out my post n Sept 9th, and you can read some of the other comments and replies I received when I raised the same question. It does seems like the panhard bar is the way to go but I have also figured out that you are the only one that will probably notice it. lol. I havent done anything to mine because the shelby factory said that they are to the left for a reason, something dealing with the trackBut your car is sick. Silver was my first choice but for some reason decided to black it out. Have you noticed much difference in your ride quality?

Thanks..It is slightly firmer but dont think it will be a problem.

I lowered my car about 1" and rear is now shifted about 1/2" to left. Is this much a really big deal and if so why or is it just cosmetic? Really dont notice unless your looking for it.

So you bought a 2011 with the SVTPP, then you lowered it? You replaced the springs and shocks, which make up a big chunk of the "performance" in the SVTPP, with other springs and shocks?

Wow... Not trying to be rude, but that makes no sense to me at all.

So you bought a 2011 with the SVTPP, then you lowered it? You replaced the springs and shocks, which make up a big chunk of the "performance" in the SVTPP, with other springs and shocks?

Wow... Not trying to be rude, but that makes no sense to me at all.

Your right it would make no sense....especially if I also replaced the wheels with the RTRs,and stripes on my car. I guess that would mean I paid 3500.00 for a 3.73 gear..LOL!....BUT....You assume incorrectly.

Only options on my car were Shaker sound and car cover.

• 2 years later...

yea i noticed the rear end shifted to the left shortly after lowering the car ,which adj panhard bar are u guys running and would the aftermarket bracket allow to to center the rear end or is it just a up and down adjustment.

yea i noticed the rear end shifted to the left shortly after lowering the car ,which adj panhard bar are u guys running and would the aftermarket bracket allow to to center the rear end or is it just a up and down adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived