TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vapor08GT500 Check your PM !!!!!

2sharpie

Hi Chris....

I am right now...even though it is 2 am.....these hours are killing me...wish there was more than one of me...

Just my car builds are a full time job, then add 100+ emails, PM's, and phone calls per day, the track event I put on for both days this weekend, outgoing and incoming parts orders, technical questions, and people that show up at my shop with out appointments...you get the picture......

For those of you inquiring about my MMS mufflers they will be 2-3 weeks out for another batch of 20 sets. $599 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states. I CAN NOT have more than 20 sets at a time made. I keep all the orders in order of who paid first. No exceptions. I can't and won't bump anyone's order. I wish I could have more sets made at t time, but I am limited to materials and how much time I am allotted for change of production.

P.S.- I love the Sterling Gray with the stripe delete on your car, Chris...looks fantastic!!

Alex

You bet Chris!!

bpmurr- Here is a thread of my MMS mufflers with different combos:

MMS Muffler Thread

FireDragon- Yes, we are working on the 2011's, but due to SEMA coming up and being the fact I have multiple cars to finish, they won't be finished until mid Nov now (after SEMA). I have the prototypes on a car and they sound incredible....stay tuned to my MMS muffler thread for updates...

Alex

You bet Chris!!

bpmurr- Here is a thread of my MMS mufflers with different combos:

MMS Muffler Thread

FireDragon- Yes, we are working on the 2011's, but due to SEMA coming up and being the fact I have multiple cars to finish, they won't be finished until mid Nov now (after SEMA). I have the prototypes on a car and they sound incredible....stay tuned to my MMS muffler thread for updates...

Alex

The thing I care the most about is drone. It's the one thing I don't like about my Pypes Pype Bomb exhaust. Does your unit have any drone or have you worked on the harmonics to remove it? I'm stock to the axle back at the moment. I love the KR sound so if yours is close and doesn’t drone it might be a good fit for me.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing I care the most about is drone. It's the one thing I don't like about my Pypes Pype Bomb exhaust. Does your unit have any drone or have you worked on the harmonics to remove it? I'm stock to the axle back at the moment. I love the KR sound so if yours is close and doesn’t drone it might be a good fit for me.

I love the sound of these much more than the KR's, which I joke with people that they sound like a boat in water!! Mine have very little drone and won;t drive you nuts like the Pypes Bombs...If you want to try a set, let me know, I have 3 sets left in stock until the next batch is made...

Alex

I love the sound of these much more than the KR's, which I joke with people that they sound like a boat in water!! Mine have very little drone and won;t drive you nuts like the Pypes Bombs...If you want to try a set, let me know, I have 3 sets left in stock until the next batch is made...

Alex

I might have to take you up on this. They sound pretty good from the outside and I'm tired of all the drone from the Pype Bombs.

I might have to take you up on this. They sound pretty good from the outside and I'm tired of all the drone from the Pype Bombs.

Just let me know. I am in Vegas for SEMA this week, but can call m workers to ship for you on Tuesday. Paypal is fine.

Alex

These things are AWESOME !! Took some video today but it was real windy so I'll try again this week. Kept the Roush mid-pipes on so it still has a little "brapppp" ( if you can understand that) to it. Definitely an excellent choice ............especially with headers. Thanks a bunch Alex !

These things are AWESOME !! Took some video today but it was real windy so I'll try again this week. Kept the Roush mid-pipes on so it still has a little "brapppp" ( if you can understand that) to it. Definitely an excellent choice ............especially with headers. Thanks a bunch Alex !

How is drone and overall sound as compared to your Roush setup?

How is drone and overall sound as compared to your Roush setup?

Well I definitely think the Roush setup is the best sounding out there, as there was absolutely never any drone and the sound couldnt be better ----- as long as you don't have headers (then its WAY too loud). But putting these on with my headers/H-pipe (and I kept the Roush mid-pipe/resonators on) sounds just as good. What I really like about them is it makes the rumble even deeper..........the sound is incredible. There is just a minor drone, I think right around 1850 rpms, which is easily avoidable. Again, I wonder if this may be attributed to the resonators I kept in. Overall I would highly recommend - Alex did a great job!

Well I definitely think the Roush setup is the best sounding out there, as there was absolutely never any drone and the sound couldnt be better ----- as long as you don't have headers (then its WAY too loud). But putting these on with my headers/H-pipe (and I kept the Roush mid-pipe/resonators on) sounds just as good. What I really like about them is it makes the rumble even deeper..........the sound is incredible. There is just a minor drone, I think right around 1850 rpms, which is easily avoidable. Again, I wonder if this may be attributed to the resonators I kept in. Overall I would highly recommend - Alex did a great job!

What H-pipe are you using?

So what I take from your posts is

For stock Roush > MMS

For Long Tube Headers MMS > Roush

I haven't heard the MMS in person on a stock GT500 (just on Alex's videos - where the MMS sounded great on a stock so I was sold) but I absolutely love the Roush when I was totally stock. But definitely the way to go with headers - I don't think you could go wrong with either.

I hate the fact that I have my Roush muffler deletes sitting in plastic right now waiting to sell........but I guess theres no point in keeping them!

• 2 weeks later...

I still have to post vid of my exhaust now.

Sounds alot better then stock and my wife agrees with me which is rare.

As far as drone. I noticed a tad bit of drone around 1800 or so But its a easy fix.^^

Alan

Don't forget to post the video Alan....

Alex

Archived