TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traction control option?

GT500KR

My son replaced his 2004 with a 2005 but I just found out it doesnot have the TCS button. It looks to be there but the button is a dead "look alike" meaning the button doesn't say anything on it and basically is just covering the area where the option would be.

Being a parent this concerns me,as a matter of fact my son even said he he feels better having that TCS.

His mother and I just went though the typical BS after hearing "your son just hit a police cruiser. So my question is, can he get the TCS installed at the dealer within reason, price wise or is it really outrageous Is there a lot of work involved?

BTW it's a v6

My son replaced his 2004 with a 2005 but I just found out it doesnot have the TCS button. It looks to be there but the button is a dead "look alike" meaning the button doesn't say anything on it and basically is just covering the area where the option would be.

Being a parent this concerns me,as a matter of fact my son even said he he feels better having that TCS.

His mother and I just went though the typical BS after hearing "your son just hit a police cruiser. So my question is, can he get the TCS installed at the dealer within reason, price wise or is it really outrageous Is there a lot of work involved?

BTW it's a v6

I am truly not being a wise guy here, but do you think a V-6 really needs traction control. A limited slip axle might be a cheaper option unless you are concern about icey roads.

BTW it's a v6

I don't believe you can add the TCS option after the fact. I looked into it before buying mine, and got a no from several sources.

As for the v6 needing TCS - only on ice / snow. Outside of that I typically have it off. I did get it sideways on an on-ramp with it off once, but I was really, really gunning it, and it was raining. Was still easy to bring back in line, though.

- Tony

So did things work out okay for him in court?

court hasn't happened yet. the cop wrote him up with 4 counts speeding,failure to keep in lane,failure to maintain tread on his tires and driving to endanger something like that It's total BS, I watched him pull out off the driveway, I didn't see it happen though, the tread on his tires probably contributed to it. I can see that charge, I even warned him on that. there was a jogger on the road he ,he swerved to avoid him and the ice had other ideas, the jogger says my son was avoiding hitting him, there is a bend in the road so everyone one was blinded

Archived