TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How will Ford Transport my car to Wisconsin

sbornitz

Now that the 2nd qtr scheduling is roughly a month away :happy feet: I was wondering how to find out if my car will be transported by truck or by train and truck? My dealer is just outside of Madison WI. Any info or help would be appreciated. It seems that rail shipments take longer and I just want to be prepared.

If it would come by rail what company would be used? Also where is the rail yard that it would get dropped at?

Thank again.

Steve

Actually sbornitz, due to the impending rail strike, Ford is going to try a new "way forward" plan to deliver cars to their customers. They will send you a one way ticket on Greyhound from your home town to AAI, and then you just drive your car back home from there.

All you need is your driver's license, proof of insurance, and the $5,000 dollar "Museum Delvery fee" and you're on your way!

Now that the 2nd qtr scheduling is roughly a month away :happy feet: I was wondering how to find out if my car will be transported by truck or by train and truck? My dealer is just outside of Madison WI. Any info or help would be appreciated. It seems that rail shipments take longer and I just want to be prepared.

If it would come by rail what company would be used? Also where is the rail yard that it would get dropped at?

Thank again.

Steve

I am about 325 miles from Michigan. When I spoke to Ford, they told me that anything over 300 miles would come rail car. However, mine came via car hauler...not rail.

Also, Marc@Kentucky's car was a bit farther than mine, and I think his came via hauler as well...perhaps you can PM him.

Good luck.

Dave

Actually sbornitz, due to the impending rail strike, Ford is going to try a new "way forward" plan to deliver cars to their customers. They will send you a one way ticket on Greyhound from your home town to AAI, and then you just drive your car back home from there.

All you need is your driver's license, proof of insurance, and the $5,000 dollar "Museum Delvery fee" and you're on your way!

If I could pick up at the factory I would. But that delivery fee is steeper than my dealer ADM. I guess I will have to wait until the car ships to find out how it is going.

Or I could ask my dealer how the rest of their cars are shipped. :hysterical2:

Now that the 2nd qtr scheduling is roughly a month away happy feet.gif I was wondering how to find out if my car will be transported by truck or by train and truck? My dealer is just outside of Madison WI. Any info or help would be appreciated. It seems that rail shipments take longer and I just want to be prepared.

Going to Wisconsin ya say? Well I'm betting Ford will just put dat der Shelby on big ole piece of Cheddar Cheese and float 'er(or maybe slide er since its probaby half frozen) across Lake Michigan. Den, day'll put dat der Shelby on a couple 'o big cheese wheels and roll 'er to Madison. Hey you asked :hysterical2:

KC666

transplanted cheesehead

Going to Wisconsin ya say? Well I'm betting Ford will just put dat der Shelby on big ole piece of Cheddar Cheese and float 'er(or maybe slide er since its probaby half frozen) across Lake Michigan. Den, day'll put dat der Shelby on a couple 'o big cheese wheels and roll 'er to Madison. Hey you asked :hysterical2:

KC666

transplanted cheesehead

That's Classic!!!

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Thank again.

Steve

An official Ford Source told me personally that all Wisconsin deliveries were going strictly by paddle-type riverboats. :hysterical:

HSURB

I was debating between a cheese joke and the dogsled photo... didn't want to offend with the joke though. It's just too easy... :poke:

It would have taken a lot more than any of that to get to me. I am a laid back person which is why I don't understand why people get upset over such small things.

Anyways maybe back to topic unless of course others have any ideas on how the car will be transported? I guess I will plan on my car being the last one of the 07 model year line and then it will get transported by train so it won't be here for a long friggin time :banghead: .

It would have taken a lot more than any of that to get to me. I am a laid back person which is why I don't understand why people get upset over such small things.

Anyways maybe back to topic unless of course others have any ideas on how the car will be transported? I guess I will plan on my car being the last one of the 07 model year line and then it will get transported by train so it won't be here for a long friggin time :banghead: .

Nitzy,

All joking aside, I am 99% certain that it will go out by rail.

Archived