TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powerlease - small update (breathe out)

SVT says the Powerlease letters will be sent 'soon'. This is not the same 'soon' we've been hearing since summer 04. But it does seem to be likely in a small number of weeks or week. Don't shoot the messenger.

A word to the wise: if you haven't already done it, confirm with SVT that your name IS on the list. Don't assume anything unless they Roger up for your name and read back the correct address. I have heard of at least one person who did the Powerlease but neither SVT or Ford Credit has confirmed it. I looked at my lease paperwork, and there is nothing on it explicitly stating it is a Powerlease. SVT did have my name on the list, though, so the paperwork was filed correctly by the dealer and FC.

As I understand it, SVT gets their PL names from Ford Credit. They have either just forwarded their list to Ford to send out 'the letter', or they are just about to do so. Now would be the time to fix things if there is a problem. Anyone who has a problem and solves it should kindly post here in case someone else also has the same problem.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 3 2006, 10:13 PM) 6901[/snapback]

Here's the original info on PowerLeases. It's a bit outdated as there is no 2006 Lightning and the 2007 Cobra is now the GT500, but at least you get the idea.....

SVTPowerLease1A.JPG SVTPowerLease2A.JPG SVTPowerLeaseQ_AA.JPG

Thanks for posting that - I knew what it was, but it just makes it much clearer.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 3 2006, 10:13 PM) 6901[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Here's the original info on PowerLeases. It's a bit outdated as there is no 2006 Lightning and the 2007 Cobra is now the GT500, but at least you get the idea.....

SVTPowerLease1A.JPG SVTPowerLease2A.JPG SVTPowerLeaseQ_AA.JPG

Thanks for posting that - I knew what it was, but it just makes it much clearer.

What do Lightning powerleasers get now that they can not lease or buy a new Lightning anymore?

4 April Update - No update. No letters sent yet.

Five Oh B, thanks for the board game version. I hadn't seen this before.

The fantasy shown on the pages clashes with reality at Step Two. The letter promised by end of July 04 has not been sent, and no explanation provided as of today. It's hard to trust a company that says something in bold print, then literally a few months later changes to an entirely different story. They keep saying they will honor this committment, I say put it in writing - again.

This whole deal has been less than world class.

Archived