TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Priced out a stripe Kit for Convt.

BillyRay

Friends,

This is a Black 07 Convt. with the red inserts. Currently it has the grey rocker panel stripe. I priced out a wholesale price from a local Dealer for $891.58. This is front hood/ front bumper and lower piece too plus trunk / rear panel / license plate. Its the total stripe from the coupe minus the roof stripes.

It thought about going either the Gold stripes or the Tungsten but maybe I should go Silver???

I wonder how big of a job is this? Anyone have any problems with putting on their stripes?

Thanks BillyRay

post-3364-1171738603_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1171738624_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1171738663_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1171738603_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1171738624_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1171738663_thumb.jpg

Friends,

This is a Black 07 Convt. with the red inserts. Currently it has the grey rocker panel stripe. I priced out a wholesale price from a local Dealer for $891.58. This is front hood/ front bumper and lower piece too plus trunk / rear panel / license plate. Its the total stripe form the coupe Minus the roof stripes.

It thought about going either the Gold stripes or the Tungsten but maybe I should go Silver???

I wonder how big of a job is this? Anyone have any problems with putting on their stripes?

Thanks BillyRay

BillyRay:

I recently had my red convertable striped at the dealer. It was done by a speciality person that the dealer had on retainer. He did an outstanding job. First think you must know is that the stripes applied at the factory vary in size over the vehicle. To do a factory like job, exacting study must be done on a factory job with measurements. Photos of a factory job are also helpful.

The job done to my car was outstanding, as I stated. It cost me $534.00: material, labor, tax. I would recommend the gentleman that did my car to anyone. He is located in northwest Ohio, (Toledo area). I don't know how far he is willing to travel. I will be happy to make reference information available to anyone looking to stripe a convert, to factory specs.

One last thing, we were able to research a factory striped coupe before it was shipped out to the buyer. I can say with complete honesty, the job done by the gentleman that did my car was far superior to the factory job on the coupe.

Tom

BillyRay:

I recently had my red convertable striped at the dealer. It was done by a speciality person that the dealer had on retainer. He did an outstanding job. First think you must know is that the stripes applied at the factory vary in size over the vehicle. To do a factory like job, exacting study must be done on a factory job with measurements. Photos of a factory job are also helpful.

The job done to my car was outstanding, as I stated. It cost me $534.00: material, labor, tax. I would recommend the gentleman that did my car to anyone. He is located in northwest Ohio, (Toledo area). I don't know how far he is willing to travel. I will be happy to make reference information available to anyone looking to stripe a convert, to factory specs.

One last thing, we were able to research a factory striped coupe before it was shipped out to the buyer. I can say with complete honesty, the job done by the gentleman that did my car was far superior to the factory job on the coupe.

Tom

I assume your stripes were painted on with clear, if so sounds like a good deal to me

I got a quote too. Dealer cost is supposedly $1017 with the roof stripe. I thought I would buy that piece as well to get the top of the windshield area covered and also to have some extra material if a repair was ever needed. I am very nervous about having my local dealer do it because I know they have never done one like that. I think I am going to buy the parts and contiune to look for the right installer. Would love to hear about any other experiences others have.

Archived