TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Hood and Visual mods

cheftjpeck

the hood is the cervinis type 4 ram air hood. The body work and paint was completed by one helluva artist in Pascal...he customized the hood inserts (the only thing that did not come with this hood) I will swear by cervinis in my experience....the pics are below....next up to get some wheels (still deciding) and complete my power mods with a supercharger upgrade to the 2.3 tvs....goal is 650-675 rwhp with no other reason other than to have.....other visual mods include the roush 1/4 window louvers and shelby side scoops

newhood001-1.jpg

newhood006-1.jpg

newhood002-1.jpg

newhood003-1.jpg

newhood004-1.jpg

newhood005-1.jpg

newhood011-1.jpg

newhood008-1.jpg

newhood009-1.jpg

Very nice looking Tony. Did the body shop have to make any adjustments to get it fit right?

..actually ...TJ...

no fitment issues at all and only had to block sand without any waves or issues at all...

the only adjustments needed to be made was the scott drake hood pins needed to be worked and modded slightly for proper fitment...

Chef

Hood looks awesome

Only difference from my KR hood is:

The height of the air intake, and the "Shelby" letter placement. The "Shelby" letters on my hood have a slight curve that follows the contour of the hood.

You're hood looks great however.

Can you show a few "underhood" pics for us ?

Thx fia.. Actually the point of the scoop on my hood also comes forward a hair more too.. I really did not want to try and copy th kr hood letter placement and was actually just placed the letters there to break up the nose a little without anything there etc.. My letter placement I actually did at 3inch stagger with 1/2 inch stagger downward from scoop to hood lip to follow hood lines slightly but not as much as kr letter curve and spacing.. Thank you for compliments and I will snap some pics of undrside tomorrow

thx again

Thank you to all

GREAT looking job on the hood TJ! :rockon:

Might you have the web link to the specific hood you purchased, any shots of the underside of the hood and info on how much prep-work needed to be done on the hood before it was ready to be painted (some hoods require soooo much prep-work)?

Other then, yea, it cost some $$ the two things that have kept me from going with a venom/SS functional hood are:

All the prep-work I've heard most require before they are ready to be painted

And, no good way to ensure an excellent match in color to my red stripes.

Looks great. Any additional info you have would be great.

Skip

Might you have the web link to the specific hood you purchased, any shots of the underside of the hood and info on how much prep-work needed to be done on the hood before it was ready to be painted (some hoods require soooo much prep-work)?

Other then, yea, it cost some $$ the two things that have kept me from going with a venom/SS functional hood are:

Skip

I increased the pic size above for easier viewing.

the link to the hood is https://cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1208#1197

please note that the hood does not come with the mesh inserts on the front of the scoops. My body guy did them but they only cost a couple $$ to make...and they are replaceable with how he made them and can be removed

the body work on this hood was NON EXISTENT....thats right NONE ...ZIPPO...NOTTA....just block sanded it etc...very straight lines and very very well done....I will add some pics of it during the process below...

we did have to mod the hood pin catches a little as the scott drake ones they use would not work correctly so we had to drill out the hole in the catches..(now some may not have to but I did as I wanted the pins to be a smooth lock not so rigid)

the top vents needed about 20 minutes of shaving to get them to fit flush..but nothing too major..overall the hood was done in 2 days along with paint, stripe, bumper repaint and striped...cost me next to nothing to have done and my body guy stated he would reccommend this hood to all as it was so easy to work with

overall very little prep work and the final product came out freaking awesome.....

here are some pics of the hood how it came in etc and some work in progress

Cevini_hood_3.jpg

Cervini_hood_2.jpg

Cervini_hood.jpg

Hood_pins.jpg

TJs_GT500_356.jpg

TJs_GT500_354.jpg

TJs_GT500_362.jpg

my bumper is in there too

IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll136/cheftjpeck/Shelby_004.jpg[/img]

Shelby_009.jpg

Shelby_008.jpg

Shelby_006.jpg

also....if you are using hood struts at all ( I have the MRT hood struts) please note that the hood is heavier and will not be held up by the 80# MRT hood struts...however found a cheap fix online as the MRT hood struts are 80# and they are 11.9 inches from center of 10mm socket to other end center of 10mm socket and 7.9 inches when closed....well found the exact replacement struts for like $41 shipped in 120# size....here is the link in case anyone needs to upgrade their struts

http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?id=645324

I will try and snap some pics of the underside today and post later...

Your car looks awesome, is there room under the hood for a 2.8 Kenne Bell?

Skip

Skip, try measuring the roof stripes on your car and if they are long enough you can just order them from Ford and use them on the hood.

Let us know if they are long enough as I would like to do the same (I have a vert).

• 1 month later...

I contacted Cervinis a few months ago and was told that as with most of their hoods, this hood could be purchased already painted in any factory color. From everything that I have read about their prepainted hoods, the colors match factory colors extremely well. They also sell the stripe kit for the hood in all factory colors for a hundred bucks which sure beats the price of the factory stripes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived