TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rail Strike

Son of GT

I'm sorry to report that initial information indicates that the rail strike will indeed effect the deliveries of all Mustang models. The employees of the primary rail carrier that transports the Mustang's out from the Michigan rail head over to the rail distributiuon hubs are on strike which will obviously affect the shipment of the cars. Hopefully both parties will get to the negociating table quickly and resolve their differences so the strike doesn't go on forever.

I found this, So this confirms they are union.

Autoport Limited Organized By District Lodge 60

District Lodge 60 brought 15 new members into Local Lodge 698 recently by organizing the Vehicle Handlers at two Autoport Limited locations: 11 members in Dearborn, Michigan and 4 members in Hamtramack, Michigan.

Please join me in welcoming these new members into the I.A.M. family.

On behalf of the Eastern Territory and its members, I extend our congratulations and appreciation to District Lodge 60 Business Representative Bobby Atanasovski, Grand Lodge Representative Karl Heim, and all of the team for a job well done.

LYNN D. TUCKER, JR.

GENERAL VICE PRESIDENT

Source of information?

Must go now, will PM later. Grabber might be able to give you a little insight of my sources in the meantime. Too much sunshine and warm air too keep the 500 ragtop in the stable.

Be back in a few hours. I'm off to look at a Shelby GT over at Galpin Ford. I need a good laugh, as I understand their ADM is $40,000 over. Yeah, right!

Perhaps the strike does not affect all rail carriers. Our 5th and final GT500 was delivered successfully to the railyard in Illinois this morning and loaded onto a BNSF railcar at 10:15am per the railroad's own website (we're tracking our car very closely for our customer), and the train will head out tomorrow morning bound for the NW. Maybe we just dodged a bullet and our GT500 was loaded in the nick of time, or perhaps the strike is not so widespread.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 17 2007, 05:14 PM) 102750[/snapback]
Perhaps the strike does not affect all rail carriers. Our 5th and final GT500 was delivered successfully to the railyard in Illinois this morning and loaded onto a BNSF railcar at 10:15am per the railroad's own website (we're tracking our car very closely for our customer), and the train will head out tomorrow morning bound for the NW. Maybe we just dodged a bullet and our GT500 was loaded in the nick of time, or perhaps the strike is not so widespread.

Your spot on Five Oh. Its specific to the rail carrier that takes the Stangs out from the AAI railhead out to the rail hubs.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 17 2007, 05:14 PM) 102750[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Perhaps the strike does not affect all rail carriers. Our 5th and final GT500 was delivered successfully to the railyard in Illinois this morning and loaded onto a BNSF railcar at 10:15am per the railroad's own website (we're tracking our car very closely for our customer), and the train will head out tomorrow morning bound for the NW. Maybe we just dodged a bullet and our GT500 was loaded in the nick of time, or perhaps the strike is not so widespread.

Your spot on Five Oh. Its specific to the rail carrier that takes the Stangs out from the AAI railhead out to the rail hubs.

Is there anyway you can get more infor next week on this for us. It would be much appreciated.

Son of GT,

What was the ADM at Galpin?

$40,000. #353. A beautiful black one with manual trans.

$40 F'in thousand dollars!!

.....hmmm, that is the first I have heard of an ADM more than the GT500s. If I remember correctly the sold their GT500s for $30K ADM.

As far as I know, besides the number 3 and number 31 cars, they were getting $45,000 over. They want $600,000 for number 3, and $105,00 for number 31.

But the funny thing about the $40,000 ADM on the SGT is that they have lowered the ADM on the 500's down to $20,000 per car. When I was there they had moved GT500 #31, all Saleens, and all Roush Mustangs out of the showroom completely and replaced them all with SGT Mustang #353.

But regarless of their stratagy, it is strange that the SGT now has a higher ADM than the 500.

You hi jacked your own thread. :finger:

Now what about that rail strike. :rant:

Can Ruf land the Huey in the Parking Lot ? :hysterical:

I'll make the calls to have them clear the lot for landing! But I suspect that you'll need a Chinook over a Huey in order to pick that bad boy up and haul it home.

I'll make the calls to have them clear the lot for landing! But I suspect that you'll need a Chinook over a Huey in order to pick that bad boy up and haul it home.

Ruf doesn't have a Chinook. :cry:

I got to get a back up plan. :rant:

I'm sorry to report that initial information indicates that the rail strike will indeed effect the deliveries of all Mustang models. The employees of the primary rail carrier that transports the Mustang's out from the Michigan rail head over to the rail distributiuon hubs are on strike which will obviously affect the shipment of the cars. Hopefully both parties will get to the negociating table quickly and resolve their differences so the strike doesn't go on forever.

ANY WORD ON THE BIG STRIKE ? :headscratch:

As far as I know, besides the number 3 and number 31 cars, they were getting $45,000 over. They want $600,000 for number 3, and $105,00 for number 31.

But the funny thing about the $40,000 ADM on the SGT is that they have lowered the ADM on the 500's down to $20,000 per car. When I was there they had moved GT500 #31, all Saleens, and all Roush Mustangs out of the showroom completely and replaced them all with SGT Mustang #353.

But regarless of their stratagy, it is strange that the SGT now has a higher ADM than the 500.

Where did you see #3 and #31 advertised?

Ditto on the strike. Any info? Several of us with cars scheduled to be delivered soon would like to know.

I have no proof, except for a employee that works in shipping that told me the strike only affects cars going to Canada. Just trying to understand the impact to the USA deliveries.

I think they are at Lonestar.

Sonny Buck of GT : What's the latest strike report. :rant:

Stay tuned to this station...

Up here in Back Bacon country ( not Broke Back Bacon Country!), our Leaders are supossed to be "Legislating" them back to work today. News calls it an illegal strike. I call it a pain in the A##. Don't shoot the messenger. ;)

So the information I got from my little Honey Bee was correct after all...............hum. :baby:

Where did you see #3 and #31 advertised?

No ads, but both cars are there. Just call and inquire about them.

Okay, what I hear is that everyone's at the table talking and cars are moving, but very, very slowly. It's not a full work stoppage yet, but members are tail dragging their work on purpose.

I'm waiting for more details and will share as soon as I hear something else.

Okay, what I hear is that everyone's at the table talking and cars are moving, but very, very slowly. It's not a full work stoppage yet, but members are tail dragging their work on purpose.

I'm waiting for more details and will share as soon as I hear something else.

Thanks Son of GT.

Autoport tells me they are NOT on strike.

Archived