TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006 gt convertible tire size question

hrtatack1

trying to find out the biggest possible drag radial size that will fit on my 2006 gt convertible. im getting the 18x8.5 fan blade wheels for it.

i know from my own past experience that drag radial sizes even though they are the same size are indeed very different.

id like to go with a bfg

so if someone has a bfg drag radial size please share

thank you

peter

trying to find out the biggest possible drag radial size that will fit on my 2006 gt convertible. im getting the 18x8.5 fan blade wheels for it.

i know from my own past experience that drag radial sizes even though they are the same size are indeed very different.

id like to go with a bfg

so if someone has a bfg drag radial size please share

thank you

peter

Drag radials on a convertible?????????????????

Drag radials on a convertible?????????????????

Sure!! Why Not!! :happy feet: :happy feet: I'm getting a roll bar and 5 point harness for my 'vert. I am planning on taking it to Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC on June 1st for a track days weekend. I had a blast there last year with a Lincoln LS V-8 Sport. I was hitting over 110 on the back straight and had to get a new set of tires the next week. It was the most fun I have had in a long time!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

As for tire size, on a regular street tire, I would not go wider than a 255 because of the 8.5" rim. You might consider picking up a cheap set of wider rims for the strip?

Sure!! Why Not!! :happy feet: :happy feet: I'm getting a roll bar and 5 point harness for my 'vert. I am planning on taking it to Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC on June 1st for a track days weekend. I had a blast there last year with a Lincoln LS V-8 Sport. I was hitting over 110 on the back straight and had to get a new set of tires the next week. It was the most fun I have had in a long time!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

As for tire size, on a regular street tire, I would not go wider than a 255 because of the 8.5" rim. You might consider picking up a cheap set of wider rims for the strip?

I guess if you add all that stuff, it is not really a vertible anymore, right? Doesn't the roll cage affect the top going back up? Sounds fun, the only thing going to the track for me though is my bike! The 'stang is my cruising pleasure mobile! Later.

i have the exact same car. red/red

i just ordered a hellion turbo kit for it, but i want to retain the stock look

my wife drives it in the summer...and i drag race it on the weekends when i dont run the 01 or the shelby. i drive it down, beat it up, and drive it home

thank you tispco

btw how tall are those tires? (are they taller than stock?)

and whats the complete tire size? 255/ ? /18

Archived