DutchGT500

Shelby Run Europe 2012  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Driving event?

• weekend
    • long weekend, thursday-sunday
    • week
  2. 2. Trackday?

3. 3. How much are you willing to spent per car entry? Car and two persons.

• 0-500 Euro
    • 500-750 Euro
    • 750-1000 Euro
    • 1000-1500 Euro
    • above 1500 Euro
  4. 4. Time slot?

Tori and I said our good-byes to the group this morning after breakfast as they all headed north back to Almere Netherlands for their final night of the tour. We peeled off and came to Brugge Belgium as I have two business meetings in Belgium tomorrow. After those are done, we will head back to Germany and stop in Dusseldorf for the evening before heading further north to Landkreis Vechta to visit my 97 y.o Oma as well as many aunts, uncles & cousins... We will take the KR back to Amsterdam on next Thursday, and fly back to SFO on Saturday. We are just a tick under 2500 miles for the trip, and will be just over 3000 when we are done. An amazing adventure with loads of laughs of good times. Great to see those I know, and made a bunch of new (and hopefully lifelong friends) along the way... Thanx to Patrick, Astrid, Sean and Lauren for all of their efforts with this trip..something my daughter and I will NEVER forget! Happy Motoring, Tom

Safe travels Tom!

Give my regards to Dan - O and Wick. I wish I could have been there with youz! :salute:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an EPIC time you all seem to have had!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks for all of the pics and vids...makes it feel like we were there with all of ya.

Lifetime of memories and stories!! :worship:

Cool KR line up there Tom - thanks for sharing and glad you got to have a FUN RUN in Europe and that Tori got to share it with you (also that she gets to see the European relatives that she doesn't get to be with too often) . Stay healthy and safe - enjoy the family time and don't be working (it's not a business trip) and remember to get Tori her LV bag (or 2) :D (I'm pushin the old man for ya Tori)

Cool KR line up there Tom - thanks for sharing and glad you got to have a FUN RUN in Europe and that Tori got to share it with you (also that she gets to see the European relatives that she doesn't get to be with too often) . Stay healthy and safe - enjoy the family time and don't be working (it's not a business trip) and remember to get Tori her LV bag (or 2) :D (I'm pushin the old man for ya Tori)

Thanx Kevin...both meeting should not be too long.

She got the LV in Monaco! Go big or go home right...lol

An Epic trip! See you soon

Tom

Here's the first photobucket upload...

A few from me, most by other various contributors I culled from FB or other online searches

Enjoy, and more to come. My camera broke, (i dropped it, but saved the memory card), but laptop does not have a slot for that card, so those will need to wait until next week.

http://s968.photobucket.com/albums/ae164/cali_kr/Shelby%20Run%20Europe%202012/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

added some more pix....

Wer'e holding down the fort for you my brother - went up to Sonoma Raceway yesterday to the SCCA regional/national race . Just felt the need to check out the track before Mini-Nats -Oh and picked up a new helmet while I was there (and gloves). :spend: Love the photo of the GT40 lineup - did you have to be revived from hyperventilating ?

I would like to thank everybody that attended the Shelby Run Europe and to Albert for the fun we had with the Germans. This Shelby Run Europe was a dream for me. Not only in the way of driving it, but more in organizing it for my Shelby friends. It was for many the trip of their lifetime and at the very top of trips they ever made. No doubt about that. Driving the Nordschleife, Autobahn, see the 13th century Muiderslot castle and 19th century Neuschwanstein castle, driving the Silvretta Hochalpenstrasse in Austria, the 28 in Switzerland and 43 hairpin turns of the Stelvio in Italy. Picknick on alpine meadows, Lake Como and mediteranian coast. Driving through Monaco. See the French Grand Canyon and best of all The Le Mans Classic. It is too much to tell all. We had the best fun. Carroll would have loved it.

I would like to thank everybody that attended the Shelby Run Europe and to Albert for the fun we had with the Germans. This Shelby Run Europe was a dream for me. Not only in the way of driving it, but more in organizing it for my Shelby friends. It was for many the trip of their lifetime and at the very top of trips they ever made. No doubt about that. Driving the Nordschleife, Autobahn, see the 13th century Muiderslot castle and 19th century Neuschwanstein castle, driving the Silvretta Hochalpenstrasse in Austria, the 28 in Switzerland and 43 hairpin turns of the Stelvio in Italy. Picknick on alpine meadows, Lake Como and mediteranian coast. Driving through Monaco. See the French Grand Canyon and best of all The Le Mans Classic. It is too much to tell all. We had the best fun. Carroll would have loved it.

Like Patrick stated above, really too much to tell....you had to live it.

First of all, I'd like to thank Patrick and Sean along with their wives Astrid & Lauren (support staff) for putting this wonderful event together. THANK YOU.

To those of you that I already knew, great to spend the time, and experience this run with you.

To those that we got to know, here's is hoping our paths will cross again, you were all wonderful, and am blessed to be able to now call you friends as well.

Happy Motoring

Tom & Tori Dankel

Dear Patrick,

thanks for mention me, but it's not worth mentioning! All the thanks is on our side to you. It was amazing being a small part of the Shelbyrun Europe and as I organize gatherings as well, I have a small idea about what you must have going through to make it happen. As we could see, you really considered everything - from small padges up to saftey vests. Incredible...

It's my pleasure to offer you support at any time if you like to organize a happening like this again. Just drop us a line - me and the entire Shelbyforum.de will be there. Congratulations for this incredible trip, the wonderful pictures an memories as well.

Albert

On the Ford GT forum one of the participants mentioned his hard drive with all the pics and videos died. I might be able to help. If anyone knows how to contact "sportscars" ask him to check PMs on the Ford GT Alley forum.

Will do Tony............................thanks.

Dale and I had the time of our lives. Nothing will ever top this trip. The places we saw, drove thru, the people we met, the looks we got, the court we held....all priceless.

the hours and hours of preparation were very evident in how smoothly the trip went.

Personally, it will take some time for me to have some persepective about the last 3 weeks, I am still on sensory overload and exhausted.

thank you to everyone who participated for helping us, making us feel like family and for making this as much about great people as it was about great places!

rumors are swirling that the worlds most expensive car crash took place at LeMan while we were there.....:shrug:

http://jalopnik.com/5926437/why-arent-there-photos-of-the-worlds-most-expensive-car-crash?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I didnt see it thats for sure.

rumors are swirling that the worlds most expensive car crash took place at LeMan while we were there..... :shrug:

http://jalopnik.com/...dium=socialflow

I didnt see it thats for sure.

MB,

Here is a link, while it happened in France, it was before the Le mans Classic

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/10/30-million-ferrari-250-gto-crashed-on-50th-anniversary-tour/

• 1 month later...

The ship carry Dan's (MY500SS) Super Snake and my KR has docked and unloaded the cars this past Thursday....just waiting for customs to process the cars, and we get the call to, "come on down"

It has been one week shy of 4 months since the cars left California

The ship carry Dan's (MY500SS) Super Snake and my KR has docked and unloaded the cars this past Thursday....just waiting for customs to process the cars, and we get the call to, "come on down"

It has been one week shy of 4 months since the cars left California

Another reason I decided not to do this trip. I couldn't have done without my new baby GT for 4 months. It amounted to 2/3 of the whole Colorado driving season.

Another reason I decided not to do this trip. I couldn't have done without my new baby GT for 4 months. It amounted to 2/3 of the whole Colorado driving season.

it would have been more than worth it Tony.....I was 4 days shy of 90 days separated from my girl........Id put her on a ship tomorrow to do it all over again......

sign me up.........

For me, it was worth every day without the car to do SRE 2012...................It also would have been REAL COOL to have your beautiful Heritage along.

it would have been more than worth it Tony.....I was 4 days shy of 90 days separated from my girl........Id put her on a ship tomorrow to do it all over again......

sign me up.........

For me, it was worth every day without the car to do SRE 2012...................It also would have been REAL COOL to have your beautiful Heritage along.

Tony, like the fellas ahead of me stated...worth it and then some...with all due respect...Colorado isn't going anywhere, and you can't measure driving at home compared to what we experienced...

Besides, a player like you, air cargo it over... :drop:

Or Tony could have just rented a minivan like I did! :hysterical2:

I thought briefly of a BMW or Benz, and then going along more for the photographic portion ("Official Team Photographer") instead of the driving experience. Alas, there was just too much going on this summer to do this trip.

Archived