TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Is This Round Switch For ?

It's not factory but whoever installed it did a great job, just a thought, in the old school 5.0 you could not have your fog lights on without having your headlights on, so my brother installed a toggle switch to work the fog lights to get around this. I do not have fog lights on mine so I am not sure if the new ones have the same set up but that maybe what it is?

The SGT that has this switch resides in the UK. The car appears stock without any fog lights and it doesn't appear to have been brought up to UK regulations with the fender marker lights, break away mirrors, etc.

Like others have mentioned its almost too clean of an install for some aftermarket accessory.

The mystery continues.

Steve

It's for sure NOT stock!

Ford would NEVER have installed a switch into A PLUG that's exists in place of A SWITCH? Talk about Rube Goldberg! :hysterical:

Seriously, why would Ford install a switch into a plug that covers a spot where a switch is missing!?!?!

THEY WOULD JUST INSTALL THE SWITCH!

:confused:

Makes my head hurt just thinking about it!

It's for sure NOT stock!

Ford would NEVER have installed a switch into A PLUG that's exists in place of A SWITCH? Talk about Rube Goldberg! :hysterical:

Seriously, why would Ford install a switch into a plug that covers a spot where a switch is missing!?!?!

I have to agree with Jeff on this one.... if the reset switch is broke FIX IT! Don't drill a hole through it for another switch! :banghead:

It's for sure NOT stock!

But why are there no names on those switches? They should be labeled info, setup and reset.

But why are there no names on those switches? They should be labeled info, setup and reset.

The "Info", "Setup" and "Reset" switches are there only if you have the Interior Upgrade Package (IUP) otherwise in there place there is a plastic block-off plate. My 2005 GT had this plate, didn't have IUP, and always reminded me of what I didn't have.

If you have IUP you get the switches, if you don't, you get a plastic plug.

This is a switch installed into the plastic plug.

Like these:

http://www.allproducts.com/ee/lightcountry/07-rocker_switch_print.html

Pretty standard LED Rocker switch.

As for what it's for...the owner may have installed something at onetime and removed it but left the switch in place since it would leave a hole and getting and installing a replacement plug would be a pain. I suspect then that there are wires hanging someplace!

OMG! I cannot believe you guys don't know what that switch is for. For those who are married and like to go fast, but when the wife is in the car, bitching, "YOU BETTER SLOW DOWN"! you press that switch, it will open the passager side door and kick her butt out of the car, then you can go as fast as you want, and now with the good sound of a "whine" of the supercharge and not the wife!

The "Info", "Setup" and "Reset" switches are there only if you have the Interior Upgrade Package (IUP) otherwise in there place there is a plastic block-off plate. My 2005 GT had this plate, didn't have IUP, and always reminded me of what I didn't have.

If you have IUP you get the switches, if you don't, you get a plastic plug.

This is a switch installed into the plastic plug.

Like these:

http://www.allproducts.com/ee/lightcountry/07-rocker_switch_print.html

Pretty standard LED Rocker switch.

As for what it's for...the owner may have installed something at onetime and removed it but left the switch in place since it would leave a hole and getting and installing a replacement plug would be a pain. I suspect then that there are wires hanging someplace!

Jeff, now this IS strange. I thought all of the SGTs had the Interior Upgrade Package ?? Mine has the info, set, re-set buttons with no blanks. It would be interesting to see how many SGTs have OR don't have the info, set, re-set buttons ?? Don't all SGTs also have the multiple color dash lighting ?? SGT owners, let's here from you on this one.

Jeff, now this IS strange. I thought all of the SGTs had the Interior Upgrade Package ?? Mine has the info, set, re-set buttons with no blanks. It would be interesting to see how many SGTs have OR don't have the info, set, re-set buttons ?? Don't all SGTs also have the multiple color dash lighting ?? SGT owners, let's here from you on this one.

Nope, the IUP (Code 18G) -was not- mandatory in the base Mustang GT configuration requirements for ordering the 54U SGT upfitters package. The required option codes and exclusions can be found in the SGT Information Packet document in the historical docs/reference info folder in the SGT mods & tech forum.

From memory, I have seen pictures of a handful of SGTs (like the one in this thread) that -do not- have the IUP and have a 4-gage/plain plastic dash and other associated non-IUP features. Also from memory, there are a handful of fairly rare & unique SGTs that were ordered with cloth seats and/or with tan or gray colored interiors instead of the typical black leather interior.

Oh yeah, the switch being discussed in this thread does not look factory to me... so its actual/true function is pure speculation without tracing the wires or talking to the person who installed it.

Happy motoring,

my thought was arming switch for nitrous too, you may be able to check in the trunk to see if there is evidence of holes drilled for a "bottle bracket" mount and any holes drilled to accomodate tubing for nitrous lines.its always interesting what people will do to thier cars. good luck.

I had one of these installed on my center console of a pickup truck that would switch the video feed on the in-dash OEM Navigation screen back & forth from the aftermarket DVD player I installed in the glove box... Worked like a champ...

963d1082502154-dvd-front-navigation-display-switch.jpg

But like everyone else has said, this is NOT anything that was ever installed by FORD at the time of assembly headscratch.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

Archived