TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Are They Trying To Hide?

shelbymotorsports

During the filming of the movie Transformers 3 a Camaro movie car was involved in a wreck with a speeding police SUV that entered the street which had been blocked off for filming.

Within just a few minutes of the wreck the film company was scrambling to cover the Camaro up with at least 2-3 car covers. One production assistant went so far as to pick up a few small body pieces laying in the street and toss them under the cover.

My question is why? What's so special about this Camaro that suddenly they want it hidden from public view? There were hundreds of spectators already videotaping this Camaro before the wreck so its not like photos aren't already out there. In fact the video below was from a spectator who had no idea a police SUV was going to cross a movie baricade and crash into the Camaro.

What am I missing? I'll admit I've never seen a Transformer movie so is this "BumbleBee" Camaro something special in the world of Transformers?

Steve

http://www.streetfire.net/video/transformers-bumblebee-camaro-crashes_2072023.htm

They were talking about this on FOX News this Morning. I may have heard it wrong but I thought they said that the Police SUV entered the area from a Road that they forgot to Block off............................ the Family of the Police Oficer or the Family of the Camaro Driver is Suing.

They were talking about this on FOX News this Morning. I may have heard it wrong but I thought they said that the Police SUV entered the area from a Road that they forgot to Block off............................ the Family of the Police Oficer or the Family of the Camaro Driver is Suing.

if the family of the camaro driver is suing that is dumb, because if u watch some video, the guy gets out of the Camaro and looks fine, he should of saw the cop anyway............on the other hand if the family of the officer is suing it is understandable, since he is a cop and has teh right of way...........i dont know............everyone is trying to make a quick buck these days

That could have been avoidable if he didnt lock up his front wheels.

Yeah, the nose dove down hard, and the ABS was anything BUT "anti-lock".

I'm surprised to see the difference in damage between the Camaro and the SUV. Funny how physics works, I guess.

As for lawsuits, when is suing for "annoyance" OK? Sounds like someone felt a little sore the next day?

Jer

What they where hiding is that it is powered by FORD...............lol...............

But "Brakes By Government Motors".

(I'm not really that much of a hater, just crackin' a joke, BTW...)

Jer

Hope the K9 was/is okay too (assuming that there was a dog in the squad car).

Hope the K9 was/is okay too (assuming that there was a dog in the squad car).

Ouch!

Yeah, good point!

Jer

Well if you believe everything the news stations are reporting the cop in the SUV was 100% at fault. According to news reports he was responding to a bomb threat and decided to cross the street baricades so that he could avoid heavier traffic on the surrounding streets.

If this is true he is one lucky cop as he could have killed someone. Just because he saw no cars on this closed off street doesn't mean that there aren't people or cars that could enter onto the street at any moment. Just like what happened. What if that Camaro had a stunt person strapped to the roof or hood of the car for the normal action movie car chase? What if the Camaro had entered the street a second earlier? A huge t-bone to the Camaros drivers door with the probability of a fatality.

But that's going off topic. I'm still curious on who was barking the orders to cover the Camaro up and why. We all know what the latest Camaro looks like.

Steve

Well if you believe everything the news stations are reporting the cop in the SUV was 100% at fault. According to news reports he was responding to a bomb threat and decided to cross the street baricades so that he could avoid heavier traffic on the surrounding streets.

If this is true he is one lucky cop as he could have killed someone. Just because he saw no cars on this closed off street doesn't mean that there aren't people or cars that could enter onto the street at any moment. Just like what happened. What if that Camaro had a stunt person strapped to the roof or hood of the car for the normal action movie car chase? What if the Camaro had entered the street a second earlier? A huge t-bone to the Camaros drivers door with the probability of a fatality.

But that's going off topic. I'm still curious on who was barking the orders to cover the Camaro up and why. We all know what the latest Camaro looks like.

Steve

Or worse, what if that Car was one of the Camera Cars where someone is sitting outside of it with a Camera. The Shelbys used in the Movie "I Am Legend", one was cut up to be a Camera Car where the Passenger Door was removed as well as the Deck Lid and Quarter Panel. One Guy would sit in the Trunk Area with a Camera and another Guy would sit on the Passenger Floor running a Camera mounted on the Side of the Car. YES, that Cop was Lucky, so was the Driver of the Camaro.

Up Date

http://www.tmz.com/2...y-not-to-blame/

The Lawsuit is from a female extra that was partially paralyzed...............................

Sounds like a different accident to me. That accident apparently happened in Indiana, not Washington DC. Also, there was no cable involved in the bumblebee accident.

Archived