TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS package availability

Mulanzo

I love the 2011 SS packaged snakes but with their hefty price tag they're currently not an option for me. I know the 2011 packages are limited to 1000 but will the conversions be offered until all 1000 are done, even if it's 10 years down the line or will they cut off the run after a few years?

I very much want to get the package done...the 2011 SS looks like sex on wheels.

I love the 2011 SS packaged snakes but with their hefty price tag they're currently not an option for me. I know the 2011 packages are limited to 1000 but will the conversions be offered until all 1000 are done, even if it's 10 years down the line or will they cut off the run after a few years?

I very much want to get the package done...the 2011 SS looks like sex on wheels.

The only for sure thing is that the Super Snake package is available right now. What may happen a year from now let alone ten years from now is anyones guess. Who knows if our government will allow cars like this to be produced in the future. Lets hope they do.

Steve

The only for sure thing is that the Super Snake package is available right now. What may happen a year from now let alone ten years from now is anyones guess. Who knows if our government will allow cars like this to be produced in the future. Lets hope they do.

Steve

Steve,

Isn't the 2010 SS limited to 500 units? I thought I read that on the Shelby brochure or in one of the many articles I've seen on the SS's.

So did they limit the 2010 to 500 but raise the '11 to 1000 or is the '11 also limited to 500?

Or am I wrong about the '10 being limited to 500?

TIA,

Phill

I had asked Roger about this and he messaged me back saying for the 2011 it would be 500 cars or 3 years whichever comes first and they were around car 150 already. I did however see the SS press release that said it would be 1000 cars, so something changed at some point, the question is of course which way.

I would love to get my car done, of course after buying a house last year and paying cash for the car this year coming up with a spare 30k+ dollars for the SS upgrade is going to be tough at best.

I had asked Roger about this and he messaged me back saying for the 2011 it would be 500 cars or 3 years whichever comes first and they were around car 150 already. I did however see the SS press release that said it would be 1000 cars, so something changed at some point, the question is of course which way.

I would love to get my car done, of course after buying a house last year and paying cash for the car this year coming up with a spare 30k+ dollars for the SS upgrade is going to be tough at best.

Sounds like you have been very smart with getting into a house and paying cash for the car.

When it's possible for you, get the SS done. It's a fantastic car and you won't be sorry.

Steve,

Isn't the 2010 SS limited to 500 units? I thought I read that on the Shelby brochure or in one of the many articles I've seen on the SS's.

So did they limit the 2010 to 500 but raise the '11 to 1000 or is the '11 also limited to 500?

Or am I wrong about the '10 being limited to 500?

TIA,

Phill

I don't recall any 2010 SS brochures stating build numbers. The 2011 press release does say its limited to 1000 units just like the 2007-09 Super Snakes. But things like this are always subject to change so if Roger Sorel says its now 500 cars then thats what it is. I do know that we are starting to put time limits on the mod shop cars which is why the 427 and 40th packages are ending this December.

Anyone interested in a Super Snake conversion please call Roger or one of the nice folks from the sales team at 702-942-7325 They will have at their fingertips the latest info and will be happy to answer any questions for you.

Steve

Steve

I don't recall any 2010 SS brochures stating build numbers. The 2011 press release does say its limited to 1000 units just like the 2007-09 Super Snakes. But things like this are always subject to change so if Roger Sorel says its now 500 cars then thats what it is. I do know that we are starting to put time limits on the mod shop cars which is why the 427 and 40th packages are ending this December.

Anyone interested in a Super Snake conversion please call Roger or one of the nice folks from the sales team at 702-942-7325 They will have at their fingertips the latest info and will be happy to answer any questions for you.

Steve

Steve

Does Roger have an email that we can write to rather than call?

*edit*

rogers@shelbyamerican.com

found it.

What is the credit allowance for 2011 SVT performance pack equipped GT500s getting the SS package installed?

Are the parts removed from the car returned to the customer or do they stay with Shelby?

All of my take-off parts were transported back with my car. Others have left their take-offs at Shelby. The owner is responsible for the cost of getting their take-off parts transported.

R

What is the credit allowance for 2011 SVT performance pack equipped GT500s getting the SS package installed?

Are the parts removed from the car returned to the customer or do they stay with Shelby?

There is a credit for the SVTPP if you don't want them to do anything with the suspension. I believe it would be around $1100 but I would have to find that email again to be sure, or someone else could chime in here.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Roger and everyone else who chimed in. One more question... If you already have parts purchased from the Shelby store that were installed individually such as the Alcoas, Quarter Window scoop or even the Baer Extreme brakes, is there a reduction in the SS package price or would you have to pay for those parts as well? Just wondering in case I decide to get a few parts for now and dip for the package later on.

If you already have parts purchased from the Shelby store that were installed individually such as the Alcoas, Quarter Window scoop or even the Baer Extreme brakes, is there a reduction in the SS package price

My understanding is that there is a discount for parts you already have on the car that are part of the Super Snake package.

But you need to realize that your Alcoa's are NOT the same wheels that come on a Super Snake. The Super Snake Alcoa's have "SUPER SNAKE" milled into them along the edge of the rim. You would need to buy a set of SS wheels/tires and either have 4 spares or sell them to try and recoup some of your money.

That's one thing that's kept me from buying the Alcoa Dura-Brights so far. I keep tossing between getting my car Snaked or not...I have the same FRPP FR3 handling pack that the SS has. I have the same FRPP/Whipple 2.9L (polished) Supercharger the SS has along with a assortment of Shelby branded parts (panhard bar, etc.) so IF I decided to Snake my car, I won't have spent a ton of cash on parts I need to remove.

Once I buy a set of Alcoa's, I've pretty much committed to not Snaking my car.

Phill

Thanks Roger and everyone else who chimed in. One more question... If you already have parts purchased from the Shelby store that were installed individually such as the Alcoas, Quarter Window scoop or even the Baer Extreme brakes, is there a reduction in the SS package price or would you have to pay for those parts as well? Just wondering in case I decide to get a few parts for now and dip for the package later on.

Yes, (unless things have changed). The parts (costs) puchased from the Shelby store will be deducted from the cost of the package however, the labor cost will not and as Phill mentioned above the standard Alcoa cost will not be deducted.

Super Snake="Just do it!" :rockon:

• 1 month later...

Another question about the package...and maybe this is a silly question, but my car has a few clicks on it since purchasing and has accumulated a few front end dings from stones as well as rocker / under-door road rash from the wheels... are those repaired at Shelby / Authorized Mod Shops prior to installation? If so, is that included in the cost?

I think one factor effecting the Super Snakes in the future is Carroll Shelby himself. I certainly hope he's got many years left to him but when he does pass I'm not sure post- Shelby modded cars will have the same value as those made when Carroll was alive.

• 4 weeks later...

Roger,

What is/was the life span for 2007's to be SS'd?

Has the time expired?

Is it still open? was there a cap?

Any info would be helpful.

If it has or is soon to end how many have been done?

Thanks

There was no time cap on the Super Snake Builds. There is a limit on total build of 1,000 units. Steve would have the current information on total 2007 SS builds to date. He checks the forum regularly.

Roger

There was no time cap on the Super Snake Builds. There is a limit on total build of 1,000 units. Steve would have the current information on total 2007 SS builds to date. He checks the forum regularly.

Roger

2007 Super Snake builds are around 400-450 cars. I need to audit the various mod shop builds for a more definite answer.

Steve

2007 Super Snake builds are around 400-450 cars. I need to audit the various mod shop builds for a more definite answer.

Steve

Wow........I was thinking somewhere around 400-500 SS's built for 2007.....pretty good guess

Thanks for the info Steve.

Roger, how far along are you in the 2011's out of the 500 to be built?

I was at SA in Las Vegas the day before New Years Eve, and as of then they had completed around 67 SS packages on 2011's. That should be at least a ballpark for you.

HTH

-HAWKBARR

Archived