TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Price???

FULL M3TAL

Hello all

I've been looking for awhile to get a GT500, however I've been waiting to hear about the 2012's first. To keep me content until then, I have my BMW 335i, but my warranty will be up in 6,000 more miles. So I browsed the Ford dealerships and found the only new 2011 in my area that is on a lot.

It has the options I want and color I like, SVTPP, electonics package, etc. The only problem was I didn't feel comfortable paying their price. So I passed for now. What do you guys think? I've read some deals that other people have purchased at, but are you guys including sales tax and everything else? Basically an out the door price.

Here what this dealer ship wanted for an out the door price (this price is after I walked out and say no to their price)

57,900 out the door.

MSRP is 55,700

They dropped price to 53,500

Add on sales Tax etc and comes to around 58000

I am more than willing to travel a little to get a better deal. But I checked California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and they all have the same deal or nothing at all.

Thanks

Hello all

I've been looking for awhile to get a GT500, however I've been waiting to hear about the 2012's first. To keep me content until then, I have my BMW 335i, but my warranty will be up in 6,000 more miles. So I browsed the Ford dealerships and found the only new 2011 in my area that is on a lot.

It has the options I want and color I like, SVTPP, electonics package, etc. The only problem was I didn't feel comfortable paying their price. So I passed for now. What do you guys think? I've read some deals that other people have purchased at, but are you guys including sales tax and everything else? Basically an out the door price.

Here what this dealer ship wanted for an out the door price (this price is after I walked out and say no to their price)

57,900 out the door.

MSRP is 55,700

I am more than willing to travel a little to get a better deal. But I checked California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and they all have the same deal or nothing at all.

Thanks

Doesn't sound unreasonable. Nothing you can do about sales tax, you can't expect the dealer to eat that. And you can't expect a fire sale price on these cars, they are somewhat limited.

Hello all

57,900 out the door.

MSRP is 55,700

Thanks

$2200 below MSRP is pretty good--if hes already at that,bump him back 52,500 and see if he takes it

Thanks all, I'm going to try a few different things and see what happens. I've have bought many cars in the past and love the neogationing part. This is about as low as they will go, again this is their price after I declined all their offers. If I get one soon I'll let everyone know. Thanks again.

There are 2011 GT 500's all over ebay and other sites on the internet. As the prices creep higher and higher for these cars, the field of potential buyers become smaller and smaller. When it gets closer to the end of the model year, prices should really start to get "soft."

If I was looking for a 2011, I'd be around $4000 under sticker and go from there. If the car was close, and I didn't have to travel anywhere to purchase, I might be willing to pay a little more.

Good luck and shop around, there are plenty out there for sale. :salute:

Good advice by all. That price is good if its local and what you want.( I found mine local and still paid more!)

Theres a lot of difference between my '11 and '10 so be patient and look until you're happy with the deal.

Good Luck !!

-HAWKBARR

Sounds like a deal to me - as I just picked up a loaded 2011 PP car under MSRP.

Work 'em a little maybe shoot em a link to a car out of the area and tell em the dealer wants to send you a ticket on Southwest or comp you free freight from the dealer.

Archived