TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Fest

LSR

News Flash.........

For any of you planning on coming from the Washington area or Pacific area, highway 100 is closed down outside Hermann by the concrete plant. The side of the road is giving way and going down the side of the hill. If you do come from that area, take highway Z to highway H and turn right. At the end of H, turn right on to RT 19 and Hermann Ford will be on the left. If you miss highway H, continue on to Z to RT 19 and turn right. Go about 10 miles and Hermann Ford is on the left. I would highly recommend taking 70 as the alternate route.

News Flash.........

For any of you planning on coming from the Washington area or Pacific area, highway 100 is closed down outside Hermann by the concrete plant. The side of the road is giving way and going down the side of the hill. If you do come from that area, take highway Z to highway H and turn right. At the end of H, turn right on to RT 19 and Hermann Ford will be on the left. If you miss highway H, continue on to Z to RT 19 and turn right. Go about 10 miles and Hermann Ford is on the left. I would highly recommend taking 70 as the alternate route.

BUMP

Here is the flier for the Herman, MO Shelby GT500 meet & greet. If I may ask of you kind people, all of you even if you don't plan on attending would print out and post at your local dealers, car audio shop, performance shops, jobs, etc.... for any and everyone who may be interested with a Shelby GT500 is welcome to attend. Or anyone who just want to come and hangout and have fun.

So to be clear, unlike the S197ShelbyOA group, this meet is not open to Shelby GT's? While I suppose you could say "sure drop by" everything is the materials is GT500 only. Just unfortunate to see this division happening s early and gives me little hope for the future.

So to be clear, unlike the S197ShelbyOA group, this meet is not open to Shelby GT's? While I suppose you could say "sure drop by" everything is the materials is GT500 only. Just unfortunate to see this division happening s early and gives me little hope for the future.

I don't know the answre to that Matt...but LSR and Cobra Boy will know for certain. I agree that we'd welcome you to come anyway...but I can understand your point of view.

Dave

I don't know the answre to that Matt...but LSR and Cobra Boy will know for certain. I agree that we'd welcome you to come anyway...but I can understand your point of view.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I've just been to meets with my 05' GT where the focus was more on classic cars and had the old, " Yeah you guys park back there by the fence"...not very much fun.

Thanks again!

Thanks Dave. I've just been to meets with my 05' GT where the focus was more on classic cars and had the old, " Yeah you guys park back there by the fence"...not very much fun.

Thanks again!

Matt

I am like Dave in that I can not give a definitive anwer but I think I can give a correct one. The genesis of this get together came about last year when a few owners all got together and decided to have another event in the next year (i.e. the upcoming one on April 20th). At that time there were only GT500s available for purchase, the Shelby GT-Hs were only available for rent, and the Shelby GTs were nowhere near being released. Over the past year there has been an active discussion regarding planning, etc. for this event, but no one has brought up the fact that it was GT500 specific until now. From a timing standpoint I would say your question is a good one, since Shelby GTs are now hitting the market. The short answer is... No one has brought it up until now:)

My personal opinion is that all Shelby's should be welcomed this year and formally included next year (along with the other versions that will be released).

I hope this helps provide some context.

Matt

I am like Dave in that I can not give a definitive anwer but I think I can give a correct one. The genesis of this get together came about last year when a few owners all got together and decided to have another event in the next year (i.e. the upcoming one on April 20th). At that time there were only GT500s available for purchase, the Shelby GT-Hs were only available for rent, and the Shelby GTs were nowhere near being released. Over the past year there has been an active discussion regarding planning, etc. for this event, but no one has brought up the fact that it was GT500 specific until now. From a timing standpoint I would say your question is a good one, since Shelby GTs are now hitting the market. The short answer is... No one has brought it up until now:)

My personal opinion is that all Shelby's should be welcomed this year and formally included next year (along with the other versions that will be released).

+1

Matt

But this doesn't mean that we all can't come out and drule all over the Shelbys does it? :headspin:

Matt

Thanks! Makes sense and yes it does! Nice to know that if there are any events planned going forward all Shelby's will be welcome!

Thanks again!

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

Route 94 is going to be getting a treatment of oil and cinder on the 20th. If you can take an alternate route, please do. It will be pretty dusty when they get done screwing up the road. If you can, take 70 west to exit 175 (route 19) south into Hermann. You can also take 50 west to 19 north into Hermann.

Also, if you are coming from the Washington area, route 100 is closed just east of Hermann. You can take highway Z, right on H and right on 19. It adds a few miles.

On the way home, I scoped out 94. It is all clear inbound to Hermann. If you are coming from the east, yake exit 188 (Truxton/Flying J), tuen left and follow highway B to the end then right onto 94 to 19 and make a left. This will take about 15 minutes off the commute and B has alot of curves and hills that you can some fun on. If you are cvoming from the west, take 94 east to 19, turn right and Hermann Ford is on the right about a mile and 1/2.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I want to thank everyone who donated funds to help my wife, Christine, on her quest to try and feel better from her MS affliction.

She's been in Jacksonville Fl at the Mayo Clinic all week. They've run tests and more tests. Bottom line - we have more hope now than ever that her time there will result in a better quality of life for her.

Thanks to everyone who helped us get her down there!

Ruf :happy feet:

Archived