TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Fest

LSR

"Ladies and Gentlemen,

Spring is upon us and I know that a get together in Hermann, MO has been in the works for a bit. The plans are starting to come together. The local Ford dealer (who has sold a GT500 but has yet to receive it) is eager to participate.

We will have a nice spot to take pictures. I will be photographing as well as a semi pro photog friend of mine. Everyone is of course welcome to bring their own cameras. I encourage you to do so as I have done some very cool things with the pics I took at our first meet in St Louis. I am attaching a lo res pdf of a project I did for a friend from those pics (just to inspire you).

Tentatively there will be another friend of mine from a video production company there to possibly tape us in caravan and do some taping of exhaust sounds, etc...

All pics and video that I have shot will be made available to everyone and if for any reason you don't want me to take pics of your car, just let me know.

I also need some input. Hermann does have a few restaurants for the folks that get hungry, but would what does everyone think of just having burgers and brats if we set up in the Ford Dealer parking lot? I want to keep this as simple as it needs to be because this is really about getting some killer cars together and getting to know some good people.

I am looking forward to this meet as I feel it will be one of the largest 07 GT 500 meets around. I hope to get the attention of one or two of the mustang oriented magazines.

By the way, I am going to expect a ride in someone's car that has done some suspension mods, etc..., to see if I want to leave mine bone stock or not.

Feel free to contact me on my cell phone any time with questions.

Thanks for your interest

Any input will help."

--

Kyle Caraway (Cobra Boy)

573-268-3090

email : mustangfever@gmail.com

This Herman, MO meet should be a nice one. If interested call Kyle or email him your contact info.

The more the merrier. :happy feet:

"Ladies and Gentlemen,

Spring is upon us and I know that a get together in Hermann, MO has been in the works for a bit. The plans are starting to come together. The local Ford dealer (who has sold a GT500 but has yet to receive it) is eager to participate.

We will have a nice spot to take pictures. I will be photographing as well as a semi pro photog friend of mine. Everyone is of course welcome to bring their own cameras. I encourage you to do so as I have done some very cool things with the pics I took at our first meet in St Louis. I am attaching a lo res pdf of a project I did for a friend from those pics (just to inspire you).

Tentatively there will be another friend of mine from a video production company there to possibly tape us in caravan and do some taping of exhaust sounds, etc...

All pics and video that I have shot will be made available to everyone and if for any reason you don't want me to take pics of your car, just let me know.

I also need some input. Hermann does have a few restaurants for the folks that get hungry, but would what does everyone think of just having burgers and brats if we set up in the Ford Dealer parking lot? I want to keep this as simple as it needs to be because this is really about getting some killer cars together and getting to know some good people.

I am looking forward to this meet as I feel it will be one of the largest 07 GT 500 meets around. I hope to get the attention of one or two of the mustang oriented magazines.

By the way, I am going to expect a ride in someone's car that has done some suspension mods, etc..., to see if I want to leave mine bone stock or not.

Thanks for your interest

Any input will help."

--

Kyle Caraway (Cobra Boy)

573-268-3090

This Herman, MO meet should be a nice one. If interested call Kyle or email him your contact info.

Kyle, did I miss the date in here somewhere? I'm interested...about a 5 hour drive for me, but we love St. Louis and may make it a weeklong vacation with the show at either the beginning or end of the week. It all depends on the date though...I work in finance and there is one week each month that I cannot take off work.

Thanks,

Dave

Kyle, did I miss the date in here somewhere? I'm interested...about a 5 hour drive for me, but we love St. Louis and may make it a weeklong vacation with the show at either the beginning or end of the week. It all depends on the date though...I work in finance and there is one week each month that I cannot take off work.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

I haven't set a date just yet because I want to pick something that provides us with the best chance of having good weather (although there's no guarantees). I would like to to late March or early April. We're all chomping at the bit to do this so I don't want to wait too late. PM me your email address and I will keep you in the loop with everyone else.

We would love to see you and your car there.

What week is it that you can't make?

Cobra Boy

Hey count me and wife in, Our shelby won't be in till 01/08 earliest but will drive Roush Down to cheer on!!! Will see you next week at wild wings with Roush and 70 mach if weather is nice , Mickey

"Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thanks for your interest

Any input will help."

--

Kyle Caraway (Cobra Boy)

573-268-3090

Kyle and LaMonte

I would love to attend provided I have my car. It will be built on Tuesday and I hope to have it by end of March. Keep me on the distribution list.

Kyle and LaMonte

I would love to attend provided I have my car. It will be built on Tuesday and I hope to have it by end of March. Keep me on the distribution list.

Will do John

Something to keep in mind, the Columbus, OH all-Ford swap meet is March 31-April 1 (also Palm Sunday) and Easter is April 8.

Thanks epunhold

Does anyone else know of any other Ford events scheduled in April ?

This question comes up because the 3rd or 4th weekend in April is most likely going to be scheduled for the Herman, Mo meet if everything goes well.

She was built on your Birthday?

My car is being built today. That is what we were referring to. It is not my birthday, although my birthday is the two days after the mustang was introduced (I believe that is correct). I am sure someone will be able to figure my age and birthday out from that one.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the flier for the Herman, MO Shelby GT500 meet & greet. If I may ask of you kind people, all of you even if you don't plan on attending would print out and post at your local dealers, car audio shop, performance shops, jobs, etc.... for any and everyone who may be interested with a Shelby GT500 is welcome to attend. Or anyone who just want to come and hangout and have fun.

post-3039-1174270285_thumb.jpg

post-3039-1174270285_thumb.jpg

Here is the flier for the Herman, MO Shelby GT500 meet & greet. If I may ask of you kind people, all of you even if you don't plan on attending would print out and post at your local dealers, car audio shop, performance shops, jobs, etc.... for any and everyone who may be interested with a Shelby GT500 is welcome to attend. Or anyone who just want to come and hangout and have fun.

LSR, did you ever decide on the restaurant versus hot dog/bratt thing? I'm considering attending.

Note: the bratts may swing my decision. :hysterical2: Just kidding.

One other question. I'd be staying over for a couple nights (Friday and Saturday)...are there hotels in Hermann, or should I stay on the west side of St. Louis and drive in that day?

Edit: Is there a KB2.8 door prize? :woot::woot:

How about an alloy mailbox? :woot::woot:

Do I ask too many questions: :headspin:

Dave

LSR, did you ever decide on the restaurant versus hot dog/bratt thing? I'm considering attending.

One other question. I'd be staying over for a couple nights (Friday and Saturday)...are there hotels in Hermann, or should I stay on the west side of St. Louis and drive in that day?

Dave

Dave I just had to do some work over in Hermann, and they only have a couple of older type motels, but a boat load of bed and breakfast type places. There are a lot of places on I-70 over on the west side of St. Louis, some of which are pretty nice. It just kinda depends what type of place you are comfortable with, and how you feel about your shelby in a parking lot near a major city. Hermann is maybe a little over an hour from the west side of St. Louis.

John

Dave

Dave

I am coming up on the 20th for the Midnight Madness event at Gateway International Speedway and will get a hotel near there. I was also planning to stay the 20th and 21st (bringing a friend as well). If you don't have plans you are welcome to hang with us and we can make this an extended event! I am sure some other locals would hang out for some other GT500 social functions!

Dave

I am coming up on the 20th for the Midnight Madness event at Gateway International Speedway and will get a hotel near there. I was also planning to stay the 20th and 21st (bringing a friend as well). If you don't have plans you are welcome to hang with us and we can make this an extended event! I am sure some other locals would hang out for some other GT500 social functions!

Woo hooooo....

Can you address my questions about hotels? Where did you book? PM me if you want to keep it private. As a matter of fact, I'll just send you a PM.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Woo hooooo....

Can you address my questions about hotels? Where did you book? PM me if you want to keep it private. As a matter of fact, I'll just send you a PM.

Dave

There is a Holiday Inn Express in Warrenton right off 70. It is a new building and should be fairly nice. It would take about 35 minutes at normal speed limit to get to Hermann from there. Like a previous poster said, there are tons of bed and breakfast places to stay. Here is a link to the Hermann MO web site. http://www.hermannmo.com/ They should have some good information for you.

I just joined this board but I do live in ther Hermann area. I bought a 05 Mustang GT from that dealer in Hermann. I know the staff at the dealer pretty well. I heard about this event when I seen that nice looking black Shelby with silver stripes sitting in front of the dealer. I called John and asked him about it and he told me it was sold. I just had to cry. I was willing to trade in my 2 05 Mustang GTs in on that car. But to cut to the chase, my wife and I are planning on coming down to see you all and your cars. We both have Mustang GTs and they are both 05s. Here is a couple of pictures of our cars. There is just one question, What time does all this get started?

post-8484-1175532336_thumb.jpg

post-8484-1175532355_thumb.jpg

post-8484-1175532336_thumb.jpg

post-8484-1175532355_thumb.jpg

Woo hooooo....

Dave

If anyone is going to the Midnight Madness here is the hotel we are staying at:

Baymont Inn & Suites O'Fallon.

136 Regency Park

O'Fallon, IL 62269

(618) 632-6676

I just joined this board but I do live in ther Hermann area. I bought a 05 Mustang GT from that dealer in Hermann. I know the staff at the dealer pretty well. I heard about this event when I seen that nice looking black Shelby with silver stripes sitting in front of the dealer. I called John and asked him about it and he told me it was sold. I just had to cry. I was willing to trade in my 2 05 Mustang GTs in on that car. But to cut to the chase, my wife and I are planning on coming down to see you all and your cars. We both have Mustang GTs and they are both 05s. Here is a couple of pictures of our cars. There is just one question, What time does all this get started?

I think cars are starting to show up around 10 am.

I think you guys are going to have alot people coming to look at your cars. The word is getting out quickly. I just hope John can find enough parking for everyone. There is a Mexican restraunt right across the street from the dealer. It is very reasonable priced and the food is great. If you need some local information, let me know.

Welcome to the board 05...look forward to seeing you there.

Dave

Alloy with silver stripes (and since there will be another one like mine...mine will be the one with crimson seat inserts)

Archived