TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car show classes

woody81

Car show class  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which car show class should a Super Snake be entered in?

• Stock
    • Modified
    • Special Interest

My question is, which class should I enter my Super Snake in when attending a car show? I've been entering the Stock class with no luck of even placing. Modified or even Special Interest may be better for me. There were a handful of GT 500's, one KR and my SS at the show today. We were all in the Mustang Stock class and none of us placed. The judge told me that all they look for in a Stock class is cleanliness. Shame on all of us for not having trailer queens. A 2010 "Transformer" Camaro won the special interest class. What do you guys think? Stock, Modified, or Special Interest?

My question is, which class should I enter my Super Snake in when attending a car show? I've been entering the Stock class with no luck of even placing. Modified or even Special Interest may be better for me. There were a handful of GT 500's, one KR and my SS at the show today. We were all in the Mustang Stock class and none of us placed. The judge told me that all they look for in a Stock class is cleanliness. Shame on all of us for not having trailer queens. A 2010 "Transformer" Camaro won the special interest class. What do you guys think? Stock, Modified, or Special Interest?

I believe special interest would be appropriate for the KR's and SS cars. If you haven't done any mods of significance then you would probably be much more stock than modified. The 500's may be where the KR's and SS came from but the KR's are KR'S from the factory where as the SS cars were 500's first then changed over to SS cars. The 500's could go stock without much modification but with the Shelby name all Shelbys could be special interest cars. I have noticed that most people really like our cars but they still enjoy looking at the cars of old as i do. Usually at car shows i park mine and look at all the others. I really don't care if i win or not as i haven't put near as much time into making my car what it is as others. More money maybe but certainly not more work.

When I entered mine in a MCA show, it was considered "Late Model Modified". Unlike the KR, since the SS is not as it was sold by Ford, it is considered "Modified".

R

At the 31st International Mustang Meet in Red Deer this past September Long Weekend, 2007 and up, GT500 Shelbys were given 2 classes; Production and Non-Production.

All cars post title modified at Shelby Motors were entered into the Non-Production class, so all 40th, SS and the one KR SS??, (cannot remember what it is called but 605 HP)

This seemed to work well for a Mustang show.

Doug 07XL0218

Archived