TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gear Grind, Now What?

pjmc91gt

I am not convinced the clutch is the issue. I have the same setup in my car as well (3:73, detroit locker) because I drag my car occasionally and also have the grind issues. You have to baby shift or you can get grind in 2/3 and 3/4 shifts. My clutch still holds fine (post TSB clutch) so I think it is related to synchro issues or something else. This problem is showing up more and more in cars now. I would love to hear from someone that had issues and had their tranny out and what the findings were. I can drive my car like it is but like you said you have to shift slow to prevent the grinding.

This is my post GT500 on the operating table. Even though the below were replaced the shafter was too with an MGW and no issues now.

The car is finally done and was delivered cleaner than the day I bought it. No gear grind and smooth as silk so far. I still do not like the factory shifter and it will be gone by tomorrow and an MGW installed. Good luck to all you others with grind issues and getting them done.

BELOW ARE THE PARTS THAT WERE REPLACED

-7R3Z 7124A SYNCHRO -SPROCKET

-AR3Z 7102A GEAR MAIN SHAFT

-AR3Z 7100AB GEAR MAIN SHAFT

-7R3Z 7107A RING 1ST SPROCKET

-7R3Z 7A082A KIT TRANS CO0SPROCKET

-7R3Z 7124A SYNCHRO ASSY

-7R3Z 7107A RING-TR 1ST SYNCHRO

-7R3Z 7A082A KIT TRANS CONTROL

-AR3Z 7100AB GEAR MAIN SHAFT 1ST

-AR3Z 7102A GEAR MAIN SHAFT 2ND

• 3 weeks later...

This is my post GT500 on the operating table. Even though the below were replaced the shafter was too with an MGW and no issues now.

The car is finally done and was delivered cleaner than the day I bought it. No gear grind and smooth as silk so far. I still do not like the factory shifter and it will be gone by tomorrow and an MGW installed. Good luck to all you others with grind issues and getting them done.

BELOW ARE THE PARTS THAT WERE REPLACED

-7R3Z 7124A SYNCHRO -SPROCKET

-AR3Z 7102A GEAR MAIN SHAFT

-AR3Z 7100AB GEAR MAIN SHAFT

-7R3Z 7107A RING 1ST SPROCKET

-7R3Z 7A082A KIT TRANS CO0SPROCKET

-7R3Z 7124A SYNCHRO ASSY

-7R3Z 7107A RING-TR 1ST SYNCHRO

-7R3Z 7A082A KIT TRANS CONTROL

-AR3Z 7100AB GEAR MAIN SHAFT 1ST

-AR3Z 7102A GEAR MAIN SHAFT 2ND

Did a dealer install those parts and was it under warrenty?

Archived