TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Exhaust- Roush Extreme

SteelTownStang

I just ordered the roush extreme cat-back kit for my 2009 GT-500. After reading these reviews, I just had to have one. Plus I am tired of the dreaded drone my Bassani axle-back gives me. I'm hoping I will gain a little agressive, mean tone over the Bassani.

Good decision. You will not be disappointed.

Wish I could put my order in right now. Need to wait a month or two. Too many goodies this month

I've been there... You definitely have to pace yourself.

Tell me about it. If there is a cure for this mod bug I have, please post it here. My wife and my pocketbook will appreciate it.

Once bitten, it's hard to stop...

• 2 weeks later...

Drone: all but gone. Sounds louder and meaner: People now notice you coming up the road. I love it!!! If your undecided, quit wasting time. You won't be disappointed!!!

You can adjust the volume with the loud pedal.

I had a cop spot me hauling ass. I got it slowed down before he could clock me but he knew I was speeding. He got right up on my back bumper and followed me turn for turn for a long time (probably checking my plate). I thought he might get me for loud exhaust but with the help of short shifting, I kept the noise to a minimum (and Co. Springs has a noise ord. on the books).

You can make it as loud as you want, if you have the will to make it loud. Or quiet.

Phill

Drone: all but gone. Sounds louder and meaner: People now notice you coming up the road. I love it!!! If your undecided, quit wasting time. You won't be disappointed!!!

Glad that you're happy. It sounds great as is... but as mentioned, add an H-pipe and it'll even sound better- hard to believe, but true! It compares to turning up the bass… and turning down the treble on a stereo.

• 3 months later...

Ok. Ordered the Extreme setup after reading this thread - thanks for doing all the experimenting. Even the guy at Stage 3 Motorsports said all the Roush people would put this against any other system (I was ordering anyway, so I didn't get the impression this was a sales push). Thank God winter has been mild up here so far - hope it holds out so I can experience better sound system.

Did you add the H-pipe after having this setup? is it really noticeable before/after?

I'll be sure to report after its installed.

• 1 month later...

Archived