TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CAR MARKINGS

HOWARD GIRE

I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING ON THIS SUBJECT YET, BUT I WOULD LKE TO SEE THE "SHELBY"NAME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REAR DECK INSTEAD OF BEING OFFSET TO LEFT AS SHOWN IN SOME PHOTOS. I ALSO THINK THE TRADITION OF THE LOOK WOULD BE BETTER SERVED WITH THE"GT 500" OLD STYLE BADGE PLACED JUST BEHIND THE FRONT WHEEL WELL WHERE THE "COBRA " EMBLEM NOW RESIDES. DOES ANYONE AGREE WITH THIS? :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING ON THIS SUBJECT YET, BUT I WOULD LKE TO SEE THE "SHELBY"NAME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REAR DECK INSTEAD OF BEING OFFSET TO LEFT AS SHOWN IN SOME PHOTOS. I ALSO THINK THE TRADITION OF THE LOOK WOULD BE BETTER SERVED WITH THE"GT 500" OLD STYLE BADGE PLACED JUST BEHIND THE FRONT WHEEL WELL WHERE THE "COBRA " EMBLEM NOW RESIDES. DOES ANYONE AGREE WITH THIS? :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Everything I've seen on the production version is the SHELBY offset to the left. Don't hold your breath waiting for the center mounted version! :cry:

What about this? Adding a GT500 badge to the right side to balance out the SHELBY

My guess is somebody will be making aftermarket chrome lettering to match the SHELBY.

I would like it to match on the right, GT500.

KingCobra.

The 1967 Shelby was mounted on the left just like the 07. The 1968 Shelby was emblazoned across the decklid , so you may have to wait for 08. ;)

Indeed, you are correct. Ford has studied the classic Shelbys. But waiting for the 08 is too long for me. I wanna have my Grabber GT500 now.

• 1 month later...

Indeed, you are correct. Ford has studied the classic Shelbys. But waiting for the 08 is too long for me. I wanna have my Grabber GT500 now.

I hear ya Patrick, I gotta have mine now!!!

OK, last week...

OK, last month...

OK.....

KingCobra.

I agree the 2006 Hertz have center letters and it looks better. also the prototype had amber rear turn signal lenses and stripes through the lisence plate. A much better look. It looks as if the bean counters are hard at work!

Archived