TEAM SHELBY FORUM

only two mods so far

florek_gt500

Since everyone shares pics and mods I figured I would put up what I have so far. Nothing too wild and crazy.

The first is the tinted windows which I had done in Fayetteville, NC. I put on 32% and it cost me $160.

My second mod is new wheels and tires. About a month ago I ordered the Hypercoated GT4 wheels (18") from American Muscle and the cost was about $650

A week later I ordered my new TPMS system off of ebay which cost about $125

I also ordered black lug nuts and the TPMS programer from American Muscle for about $60

Then I ordered the GT500 KR tires from Shelby $465

Had my wheels powder coated flat black from a local guy....Tri-State Powder Coating $300

Tires mounted and balanced at Walmart $50 (Walmart would not put the tires and wheels on the car because they are not the stock size 19")

Car bay rental and tool rental at the Auto Care Center on Post to put wheels and tires on the car $5

Total cost of Mods so far for just window tinting and new wheels: $1815

Not too bad considering that it could be a whole lot higher if I didn't shop around and take my time finding good deals and such...

Here is a profile pic of before, after and then a close-up of the right rear wheel.

Feel free to let me know what you guys think. I am pretty stoked about the new wheels.....

right profile view_stock wheels.jpg

right side profile_new wheels.jpg

close-up new rear wheel.jpg

right profile view_stock wheels.jpg

right side profile_new wheels.jpg

close-up new rear wheel.jpg

Since everyone shares pics and mods I figured I would put up what I have so far. Nothing too wild and crazy.

The first is the tinted windows which I had done in Fayetteville, NC. I put on 32% and it cost me $160.

My second mod is new wheels and tires. About a month ago I ordered the Hypercoated GT4 wheels (18") from American Muscle and the cost was about $650

A week later I ordered my new TPMS system off of ebay which cost about $125

I also ordered black lug nuts and the TPMS programer from American Muscle for about $60

Then I ordered the GT500 KR tires from Shelby $465

Had my wheels powder coated flat black from a local guy....Tri-State Powder Coating $300

Tires mounted and balanced at Walmart $50 (Walmart would not put the tires and wheels on the car because they are not the stock size 19")

Car bay rental and tool rental at the Auto Care Center on Post to put wheels and tires on the car $5

Total cost of Mods so far for just window tinting and new wheels: $1815

Not too bad considering that it could be a whole lot higher if I didn't shop around and take my time finding good deals and such...

Here is a profile pic of before, after and then a close-up of the right rear wheel.

Feel free to let me know what you guys think. I am pretty stoked about the new wheels.....

Looks good. Why did you go with an 18" wheel? :lurk:

Looks good. Why did you go with an 18" wheel? :lurk:

This wheel was on a few cars in the yearly Shelby Magazine and it really caught my eye. I found them at American Muscle for $165 a piece and didn't want to spend the money on a 20" Alcoa wheel that everyone else seems to be using. Plus at the moment I really didn't want to move up to a 20" wheel (I have been told by a few older guys that have been racing cars since well before I was born that it is good to have a little bit more rubber in the side walls vs the low profile tires, this was my compromise) and wanted my GT500 to look different. Then to top everything else off, I only had to pay $465 for all four tires. So there is a little bit of budgeting involved in my little changes. Like my Harley, I will put this car together one piece at a time to make it different than others that are around.

Mostly I just really liked the wheels. the rest is all probably just in my head, hehe...

I'm a big fan of the CT-R wheels. I think it looks good and I bet it looks A LOT better in person than it does in pics. The 18" rims will give you a hell of a lot more options when it comes to drag radils later on down the line when you start adding power too.

• 2 weeks later...

Please do not take offense...but I think those wheels are ugly. I think you diminished the look of your beautiful car. Just my opinion. I'm tired of everyone just saying nice things to people. It doesn't do them any good. We all want an HONEST opinion about various things...so I'm being honest. If anyone else wants an HONEST opinion about something, just ask. Again, I mean NO DISRESPECT so please don't take it as such.

Please do not take offense...but I think those wheels are ugly. I think you diminished the look of your beautiful car. Just my opinion. I'm tired of everyone just saying nice things to people. It doesn't do them any good. We all want an HONEST opinion about various things...so I'm being honest. If anyone else wants an HONEST opinion about something, just ask. Again, I mean NO DISRESPECT so please don't take it as such.

I feel the same way but was trying to be a little softer about it. I realize everyone has different tastes but these wheels look really bad in the pics.

Well, I hate to pile on, but I love the look of the stock wheels. B)

However I love your choice in colors. Looks just like the one sitting in my driveway. I'm a bit of a stealthy guy and the color seems to blend in better with the surrounding traffic, or at least till you hit the loud petal (LOL). Mines a daily driver and while Red, White, and Grabber Blue are very cool, they also catch the eye of everybody out there to include my friends in the local and state police departments.

Our vehicles are a way of expressing ourselves and do your's to heart content. Just make sure you enjoy the ride as Shelby's were meant to be driven.

Archived