TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Side Stripe Question.

Blip

While enjoying all the great T-10 videos and photos, something caught my eye.

Maybe some of the more knowledgeable of the Terlingua-istia can help figure out if there's a hidden code to the side stripes.

What really got my attention was seeing photos of Thumper's beautiful convertible which shares the same Grabber Orange body color as my coupe.

However, unlike my solid gray with fading black side stripe combo, his vert only has the black fading side stripe, with no gray lower layer like mine.

Looking thru other photos, I've only noticed a few cars with the solid gray under stripe, and now am wondering if this was a running production change,

or is there a hidden meaning for the few of us with the gray? There was no other option when I ordered my package.

Very puzzling indeed....I do like a good mystery, so if you don't have an answer, any good "story" will work. :D

Or..I dunno. I looked through the pics and the side stripes do not always match the bunny. I have not a clue.

Thanks guys--I too have all kinds of guesses, (and also thought the hood Bunny was matched the side stripe), but no real clue.

Maybe it is performance vs. base models, seeing as I have one of the few base ones and a early build. (Well, make that an early start to my build.) :D

Just noticed something else on my "oddball" Bunny, with rear exhaust. I didn't get Terlingua center sections with my Razors, Have Shelby snakes instead. :headscratch:

The more I look, the stranger it gets.

Hey all....I too have the grey fading into black on mine. When it was being built, they put side stripes on to match my yellow hood bunny, but Bud didn't like the way it looked on the Tungsten color, had them removed, and had the grey/black ones put on. I like them a lot. Blip, my razors have the snake centers also. I just love how the bunnies seem to be a bit different from each other in small ways.

Blip

Here is what I have noticed.

I first saw a grabber vert in January 2010 on the way back from the Bash. It passed me very quickly going the other way going through the switchbacks near Hoover Dam. I thought it was a fake because we haven't heard of a grabber vert and because the lower stripe looked very odd. Bud later told me it was not a fake and they did make a grabber vert. When I saw Thumper's grabber vert it had the same lower stripe that I remembered seeing on the other car. After looking at Thumper's stripe closely I noticed the following: the lettering is larger, the italics are slightly different, the lettering is not quite are bold and the lettering and fading was orange. I didn't get a close look, but I believe the lettering is cut out and the orange lettering is actually the orange pain on the car. I think it is simple an attempt by SA to make a stripe that uses the color of the car and therefore there are these differences in that stripe and the stripes we are use to seeing. Either that or it may have something to do with it being a vert. - but I don't know why that would make a difference.

That's my take on it - don't know if that helps or not

Edit: I also notices that the fading on Thumper's car and V8-Vixen's (the limer) started on the fender and not on the door. I don't have any explanation for that.

mine is in vegas right now being done- the gray stripe that fades to black with gray lettering is no longer available. i was told there is a production change so mine will be just black with the color of the car showing through. i tried to request the old stripe and was told no

Archived