TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVTPP Superman Shelby

denohew

Hello my fellow Shelby lovers. I am almost done with my 2011 Superman Shelby with the SVT package. As most of you know, Ford did not offer this combo this year with the SVT package. Also I had written in earlier that I was going to paint the stripes on my stripe delete Grabber Blue, until my paint guy told me how much work it was going to entail. In order to paint them on correctly the windshield, back glass, front end and rear end of the car were going to have to be removed. I said hell no to that since this car only has 12 miles on it. So I ordered the stripes from Ford and the '07 Red Cobra's and red "S-H-E-L-B-Y" lettering on the back. Has anybody here actually measured there stripes to see if they are exactly centered? I took my brother's 2011 White with Red stripes to my stripe guy as kind of a template so he could have a good idea on how to do my car and my brothers stripes were off by a half inch from the factory. It was a real pain in the butt to put these stripes on correctly but it turned out perfect. Costly but perfect. I also ordered the front seat covers with the red inserts from Ford and I am getting that done on Monday. I promised a few people in here a pic or two so here is one. What do you think? Sure has been a pain! Regards, denohew

post-25955-096110900 1286575086_thumb.jpg

post-25955-096110900 1286575086_thumb.jpg

Change the words "able to leap a tall buildings in a single bound" to "able to pass Camaro's at half throttle".

Thanks Guys , Burning Blue you know all about this stripe delete Grabber Texas car. Thanks again for your help in tracking all the info! Nice car betashave! One more pic from the back with one stripe to go. Can't really see the Red Shelby lettering but it looks cool up close, denohew

post-25955-070585900 1286585825_thumb.jpg

post-25955-070585900 1286585825_thumb.jpg

Hello my fellow Shelby lovers. I am almost done with my 2011 Superman Shelby with the SVT package. As most of you know, Ford did not offer this combo this year with the SVT package. Also I had written in earlier that I was going to paint the stripes on my stripe delete Grabber Blue, until my paint guy told me how much work it was going to entail. In order to paint them on correctly the windshield, back glass, front end and rear end of the car were going to have to be removed. I said hell no to that since this car only has 12 miles on it. So I ordered the stripes from Ford and the '07 Red Cobra's and red "S-H-E-L-B-Y" lettering on the back. Has anybody here actually measured there stripes to see if they are exactly centered? I took my brother's 2011 White with Red stripes to my stripe guy as kind of a template so he could have a good idea on how to do my car and my brothers stripes were off by a half inch from the factory. It was a real pain in the butt to put these stripes on correctly but it turned out perfect. Costly but perfect. I also ordered the front seat covers with the red inserts from Ford and I am getting that done on Monday. I promised a few people in here a pic or two so here is one. What do you think? Sure has been a pain! Regards, denohew

Are you planning to get the rear seats striped too? If you do have the rear seats striped, the car will look like it came from the factory already striped.

Looks Sweet. :lurk:

Are you going to try to get any yellow in there...Maybe the inside of the red stripes similar the the black stripe on the outside of the red stripe?

What do you think? Sure has been a pain!

I think it looks GREAT.

And different too.

I like being different, to separate yourself from the crowd.

I have a 2010 Kona Blue w/White stripes and I put 1/4" red accent stripes on both sides of my OTT stripes and 1/8" red stripes on the top/bottom of my side rocker stripes. I get a LOT of comments on the accent stripes. They really make the white stripes "POP". I removed my GPS antenna but not my faux gas cap.

I assume you removed the cap?

And I'm curious but what did just the OEM STRIPE KIT/s cost you? Not the seat covers, but the factory stripe kit/s?

I've thought about putting the same stripes on my Kona Blue 2010 and have a local shop that will do the OTT's for $500 but if I wan't the black accent stripes (or red, as I have now) I'd either have to do it again myself or pay them for it. And $500 doesn't include the side rocker stripes so that's why I'm curious what you paid for your factory stripes.

Or if you got a good deal on them, what is MSRP on them?

Again, car looks GREAT.

TIA,

Phill

Stripes were around $1300 from FORD with a discount. Kinna funny that no money back for stripe delete!!?? Also the parts woman did not have a clue between the '10 stripes and the '11 SVT Stripes. Had to re-order them twice. BUT she did get the front seat covers w/red on the first try! Parts people are mental! The 4 piece set was about $1000 and I thought that was cheap! Will get some high res pics up soon, regards, denohew

2010KonaBlueGT Hey I will trade you out mint black seats for your red rears? I will even throw in the front seats. denohew

I don't have black seats. My car has white OTT stripes and white double stripes on the front and rear seats.

I want to put the red SVTPP stripes on my car in PLACE of the white stripes. Well, I should say I have THOUGHT about doing it but most likely will not.

If anything, I may put a white Super Snake 'style' stripe (thin-THICK-thin) on the car.

I think the new '11 Kona Blue SS w/White stripe looks SOOOO good....And I can get it duplicated for around 500 bucks from a local stripe company.

I was leaning towards trading my 2010 Kona Blue w/White OTT stripes in on a 2011 GT500 SVT Perf. Pack, Kona Blue w/Red SVT PP stripes and having Shelby apply the SS package to it. But after thinking about it, I can add most of the SS upgrades myself to my 2010 and basically have the same car, for about half the price AND not take a hit on trading my '10 in on a '11.

The stripe change is just a thought at this point but I've already started adding my mods (mostly FRPP and Roush).

Thanks again,

Phill

i am still thinking about changing the red stripes to black on my 010 grabber bleu

The Grabber Blue cars with black stripes look GREAT IMO.

I saw a Roush 427R with that color scheme and that's what first attracted me to the 2010 Shelby GT500.

Then Roger posted pics of a Grabber Blue/Black Super Snake and it is one of the best looking Super Snakes I've seen (other than the White w/Blue Stripe SS that has caused so much ruckus on this site).

The GB/Red also looks good though.....

JMHO,

Phill

Archived