TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MGW SHIFTER INSTALLED AND NO MORE GRIND

Radical08

It is so solid, well-built, and simply GORGEOUS.

Like I said, "a work of ART".

And from a machinist (by education, not by trade) standpoint, it looks even better.

I *know* what it took to design and manufacture those pieces. But then when *I* first started seeing automatic feed machines, it was *NC*, not CNC! We had to poke holes in strips of paper to program our machines!

Shoot...and before that, you actually had to look at a blueprint and physically MEASURE your work at each step in the process.

And then there's that time I remember when they invented dirt.....

Phill (BEEN THERE done that....literally!)

Well, my MGW arrived the other day, and I don't have it installed yet - BUT I just HAD to tear into that box and check it out... Also went with the Black/Silver and Cobra on the side shifter ball. It is SWEETNESS.

It is so solid, well-built, and simply GORGEOUS. Cant wait to get it installed this weekend, and I will post up my findings on the install and performance afterwards.

Hope everyone has a HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

GUS

Same here....she just came to my doorstep today. I tore into it like it was Christmas....what a great looking piece. The black/silver cobra shifter ball is awesome, as well as the machined adapter.

I wish it was easy to install without a lift!

• 1 month later...

Any time you increase the weight or size of your clutch disc. You've increase the work load on the syncro's. When you shift. The syncro has to slow down. The input shaft, Clutch disc, Counter shaft. Because its a higher gear the input shaft needs to be slowed down to match the speed of the next gear.. A organic clutch is the heaviest material of any clutch disc made. One reason is the thickness of the martial. Organic wears faster then metallic. This is why its harder to shift at high RPM's with a larger 10 inch organic clutch. Then a 8 1/2 inch metallic clutch or even a 10 inch metallic disc clutch. You can have your trans fixed. But i bet it doesn't last long if your speed shifting at high RPM's. A new shifter inst going to help at all.

delpending on how you shift and how important a fast shift is speed shifting is usually a killer even if your are an ace- if I was interested in speed shifting the wot would be the answer- and it is- leave the pedal on the floor and push the clutch and the ignition is cut ever so quick that the syncros can match up and the ets can go down- the value of speed shifting on the street is of little use. The wot is for the two step feature and speed shifting and does not effect the car on the street- I love mine- it is just how much damage I did to the syncros before the wot. Would not be without it. Negative the splice in the wiring harness.I do not consider it a mod but an add on that can help shifting and et- you can still go overboard by setting the launch to high but with my car I keep the 60 ft reasonable but now have the ability to have decent lights and better ets. Not really any advantage on the street however the street is a place to play and the track to race. I doubt the mgw would help much over the steeda I have as like I said the damage to the tranny has already been done so it would not be a fair test for the shifter. The steeda may not be as good on paper as the mgw but it works fine compared to the junky stocker.

Archived