TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If you were in charge of the KR program......

FiaCobra

....what would you do differently ?

DISCLAIMER: This is supposed to be FUN and for you to express what you'd do differently to the car if YOU were in charge of the KR program. This is not to knock on what was given to us. Shelby did a great job on the KR program.

If I was in charge and had it my way, this is how the KR would be delivered. (money no object)

PERFORMANCE:

- TVS blower

- Shorty headers

- Aluminum 1 piece drive shaft

EXTERIOR

- 19" Alcoas

- 1/4 window covers painted body color

- Side view mirrors painted body color

- Carbon fiber rocker panels

- Carbon fiber rear diffuser

- Sequential tail lights

INTERIOR

- Matching dead pedal

- Roll bar

- Gauge cluster

- GT-500KR floormats

- Each car personally signed by Mr. Shelby

That would be my list of additions to what we have now if I were the person in charge.

....what would you do differently ?

DISCLAIMER: This is supposed to be FUN and for you to express what you'd do differently to the car if YOU were in charge of the KR program. This is not to knock on what was given to us. Shelby did a great job on the KR program.

If I was in charge and had it my way, this is how the KR would be delivered. (money no object)

PERFORMANCE:

- TVS blower

- Shorty headers

- Aluminum 1 piece drive shaft

EXTERIOR

- 19" Alcoas

- 1/4 window covers painted body color

- Side view mirrors painted body color

- Carbon fiber rocker panels

- Carbon fiber rear diffuser

- Sequential tail lights

INTERIOR

- Matching dead pedal

- Roll bar

- Gauge cluster

- GT-500KR floormats

- Each car personally signed by Mr. Shelby

That would be my list of additions to what we have now if I were the person in charge.

All great suggestions.

I would add a convertible to the mix, I would've made the production run to exactly the same numbers as the originals,

1053 Coupes

517 Convertibles

and one Green Hornet, just for fun...

green Hornet.jpg

green Hornet.jpg

I would of made it 650 hp. Just to let the people know out there that this rare steed is beyond the stock production cars of today and several years to come.

Yeah, I agree.

Although they did raise the HP from 500 to 540, for the cost (initially) they were selling them for, a 2.3L TVS would have been approriate and still would have fit without any other mods (cutting/notching the hood, lowering the engine, etc.).

630HP would have made a CLEAR statement that the KR was indeed, "King of the Road"!

JMHO,

Phill

In a fantasy world they are all good suggestions.

For a pre title program with Ford involved and DOT I think Shelby did what they could pre title.

Remember the original KR was a respectable/noticable bump up in performance over the standard GT500 but not earth shaking.

History repeated itself.

You want gobs of power over and above ... there is always the 750 hp SS.

All great suggestions.

I would add a convertible to the mix, I would've made the production run to exactly the same numbers as the originals,

1053 Coupes

517 Convertibles

and one Green Hornet, just for fun...

+1

Everything in line to accent my new Hash marks bro. Thats my OCD kickin' in. Dont worry I know where the lock position is. 25yrs. building houses and 15 yrs fighting fires and 3 U.S. Patents on Mustangs. I know the right end of a screwdriver. I also must have wiped down under the hood , door sills, under trunk after every wash!

Hey Scotty, I just noticed this..........How come your hood locks are in the "unlock" position ?

Well I would have to challenge you. Don't forget I have 24 hrs. at a time of having my car inside while I am working to detail the car, from claybar to sealing to Polish and 5 steps in between. There is no one I have ever seen or that my fellow 400 Firefighter co workers have ever seen a man detail a car for 14 hrs. straight. But who knows you could be as crazy as me. But I'm getting tired now of doing such a job. My KR has 400 miles on it. I think I could rest for a while. Maybe we should talk, I have studied and purchased many car Polishes, Sealants,Waxes. We can share war stories.

You ever see me cleaning my car? I may have you beat my brother !

I would go a little more retro on the KR..

Working Side vents/ scoops

Lights on the grill..

I would also put bear breaks on the front and back same size rotors

Polished TVS a MUST!!!

COLOR: Acapulco Blue

Sequential tail lights OLD style tail lights..

4 point harness

Roll cage optional.

Well I would have to challenge you. Don't forget I have 24 hrs. at a time of having my car inside while I am working to detail the car, from claybar to sealing to Polish and 5 steps in between. There is no one I have ever seen or that my fellow 400 Firefighter co workers have ever seen a man detail a car for 14 hrs. straight. But who knows you could be as crazy as me. But I'm getting tired now of doing such a job. My KR has 400 miles on it. I think I could rest for a while. Maybe we should talk, I have studied and purchased many car Polishes, Sealants,Waxes. We can share war stories.

I retract my earlier statement. You do have me beat ! About the only thing I may have done over you was...to clean and wax the entire undercarriage.

I spoke to a member of the KR team a few weeks ago and I inquired about 19" wheels - every brand was tested, but none of them performed like the 18" ones.

The KR convertible was scrapped at the last second :(

Thanks for that tid bit of info....especially the convertible.

Archived