TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alex Vapor08GT500 Terlingua Pictures

vapor08GT500

Here is the first set of pictures from our meeting spot in Palm Desert, CA en-route to Tucson, AZ......

We had mywickedshelby (MIchael) and his black SGT that we just finished supercharging and doing his suspension from NJ, Fontech (Tom) with his Legend Lime GT, Shelby #18 (Rick) with his Ford GTX-1 and check6 (Leann and Rob) with their Tungsten Terlingua, and me with my 10 GT500 vert. We met up with Thumper (David) and his newly converted Grabber Orange Terlingua Vert in Quartsite, AZ.

101_8833.jpg

101_8833.jpg

101_8834.jpg

101_8835.jpg

101_8836.jpg

101_8837.jpg

101_8838.jpg

101_8839.jpg

101_8840.jpg

101_8841.jpg

Right past the AZ border my car turned 5000 miles....

Here are pictures of one of our gas stops and the hotel in Tucson, AZ where they were nice enough to let us park our cars under the covered loading area.

101_8842.jpg

101_8843.jpg

101_8851.jpg

101_8852.jpg

101_8853.jpg

101_8854.jpg

101_8855.jpg

101_8856.jpg

Alex

The next day we met up with some members of the AZ Mustang club at the motel and were led by azmartin (Jeff ) on the next leg of the treck to New Mexico. Some great sights....

101_8860.jpg

101_8861.jpg

101_8862.jpg

101_8863.jpg

101_8864.jpg

101_8865.jpg

101_8866.jpg

101_8867.jpg

101_8868.jpg

101_8869.jpg

Alex

Gee, that's news to me. I thought we all got along! I didn't see or hear anything. :shrug:

Sorry Carole, this happened when we were alone with him, and the last morning at breakfast at the hotel before you got up and joined us....you are right, you didn't heard any of this and I don't believe David, his dad, or Mike heard anything... it's why we left the group in New Mexico and I didn't say good by.

People, I'm sorry this dirty laundry came out...this is between Tom and myself and many others that are going to the upcoming SEMA show...it has nothing to do with Team Shelby...

Folks, this is really not the place to discuss private matters that involve specific parties. This is Alex's fourm showing his pictures of the event and I don't believe that he started it for any other reason than that. I recommend that both parties take their discussion into PM's and end the back and forth posts here as they do not benefit anyone including the two parties.

Alex, thanks for sharing the pictures and I'm glad that everyone got there and back home safely.

Your rides looked awesome all lined up in front of the hotel. Thanks Jeff (AzMartin) for inviting the Southern Arizona Mustang Club out for the meet and for providing food.

It was a treat to follow Wicked's thread and then see the end result.happy%20feet.gif

Alex, thanks for the pics and the treat, Seeing Wicked SGT was awesome, pat yourself on the back.. Appreciate you guys letitng us enjoy the pics, the cars and the ride.

Jeff :dance:

Thanks all....it was a great time!!!

We called you on the way back several times to meet up with you Grabber, but your cell was off again!!! We were looking forward to seeing you!!! The round trip was 2500 miles. My new GT500 now has 7150 miles on it an the oil has been changed 4X already...

I have over 200 pictures uploaded to photobucket and will post as I get the time....I have been slammed with cars since I returned.....

Here are some more pictures from AZ to NM....lots of pretty sights....sorry I had to take these myself through the windshield, but Dayne wasn't able to come and take pictures...

101_8870.jpg

101_8871.jpg

101_8872.jpg

101_8873.jpg

101_8874.jpg

101_8875.jpg

101_8876.jpg

101_8877.jpg

101_8878.jpg

101_8879.jpg

Alex

sorry I had to take these myself through the windshield, but Dayne wasn't able to come and take pictures...

O.K. Alex since this is an election year, and seeing this last batch of pictures. I vote for Dayne 2011!!!! GO DAYNE, GO DAYNE, GO DAYNE. :happy feet: :happy feet: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I will not comment on any drama, thanks Enis ( Son of GT) ....You're right, I just wanted to post the pictures I took of this amazing event to share with those that were there and those that missed it.....I can't say enough about how well this was run and how much fun everything was. If you can make it next year E, you will have a blast....

Dan (MY500SS), I bet you Greece will not top this!!! I know my pictures do not do this event justice, but you NEED to come next year....start planning now....LOL

Tom (Fontech), I am posting more now....they have been loaded on Photobucket for several days, but I have been very busy playing catch-up...

Micheal (mywickedshelby), I can't say enough as far as your build, spending time with you and Dale, and the road trip....was great fun all the way around. These are memories we will never forget!!!

Sherri (msmap) It is all your doing!!! I never would have come if it wasn't for your beatings, bruisesings, and con-coctings in April when we were modding your 40th I never would have gone....You were right though...well worth the drive, expense, and time. If Patrick and Astrid are willing to fly 3 years in a row from the Netherlands, that has to amount to ALOT too as far as fun factor!!! Thank you..you were right on 100%!!!!

WildAzCat, Thank you for following the build. The hotel was nice enough to let us park under cover overnight. It was great to not only see your group and your cars, but to know you all went way out of your way just to meet up with us. It means alot.

Jeff (azmartin), No way, pat yourself on the back first!! Not only did you bring food and your group to join us, you arranged for Leann (check6) to get syringes for Robert's diabetes medication, found us a Chevron gas station, and led us to the next gas stop. You are top notch, sir!!! Thank you!! Wicked's SGT did turn out pretty darn good though too...LOL

Rob (Grabber), I called the same # (503 area code) you called me back from after I called the 360 # that David has now on the way to TX. What a pisser, all of us were looking forward to seeing you. Nevertheless, I will make it a point to come and visit before you go back to WA. I consider you a very good friend and there is no excuse to not see you when you are less than 3 hours away from me!!

Rick (Shelby#18), LOL. you almost made me say my favorite word that I know you dislike... :censored: hehe...Dayne is way better at pictures than me, especially when I am driving. Don't encourage him too much though as he reads all these posts and it may go to his head....LOL....

Here's some more pictures from the trip.....from NM to TX

101_8881.jpg

101_8882.jpg

101_8883.jpg

101_8884.jpg

101_8885.jpg

101_8886.jpg

101_8887.jpg

101_8888.jpg

101_8889.jpg

Alwx

I will not comment on any drama, thanks Enis ( Son of GT) ....You're right, I just wanted to post the pictures I took of this amazing event to share with those that were there and those that missed it.....I can't say enough about how well this was run and how much fun everything was. If you can make it next year E, you will have a blast....

Dan (MY500SS), I bet you Greece will not top this!!! I know my pictures do not do this event justice, but you NEED to come next year....start planning now....LOL

Tom (Fontech), I am posting more now....they have been loaded on Photobucket for several days, but I have been very busy playing catch-up...

Micheal (mywickedshelby), I can't say enough as far as your build, spending time with you and Dale, and the road trip....was great fun all the way around. These are memories we will never forget!!!

Sherri (msmap) It is all your doing!!! I never would have come if it wasn't for your beatings, bruisesings, and con-coctings in April when we were modding your 40th I never would have gone....You were right though...well worth the drive, expense, and time. If Patrick and Astrid are willing to fly 3 years in a row from the Netherlands, that has to amount to ALOT too as far as fun factor!!! Thank you..you were right on 100%!!!!

WildAzCat, Thank you for following the build. The hotel was nice enough to let us park under cover overnight. It was great to not only see your group and your cars, but to know you all went way out of your way just to meet up with us. It means alot.

Jeff (azmartin), No way, pat yourself on the back first!! Not only did you bring food and your group to join us, you arranged for Leann (check6) to get syringes for Robert's diabetes medication, found us a Chevron gas station, and led us to the next gas stop. You are top notch, sir!!! Thank you!! Wicked's SGT did turn out pretty darn good though too...LOL

Rob (Grabber), I called the same # (503 area code) you called me back from after I called the 360 # that David has now on the way to TX. What a pisser, all of us were looking forward to seeing you. Nevertheless, I will make it a point to come and visit before you go back to WA. I consider you a very good friend and there is no excuse to not see you when you are less than 3 hours away from me!!

Rick (Shelby#18), LOL. you almost made me say my favorite word that I know you dislike... :censored: hehe...Dayne is way better at pictures than me, especially when I am driving. Don't encourage him too much though as he reads all these posts and it may go to his head....LOL....

Here's some more pictures from the trip.....from NM to TX

Alwx

You're quite welcome my friend! :salute:

I will do my best to make the trip next year. :shift:

I hope you can make it next year Enis, you won't regret it....

0201212- your welcome....here is some more.....Feel free anyone to use any of the pictures that you like or have your cars in them....

This next group is leaving Marathon, TX and meeting up at " The Stable" to view Dave Durant's impressive Shelby collection in Alpine, TX.....

101_8892.jpg

101_8893.jpg

101_8894.jpg

101_8895.jpg

101_8896.jpg

101_8897.jpg

101_8898.jpg

101_8899.jpg

101_8900.jpg

101_8901.jpg

Alex

I didn't take any people pictures or pictures of the actual events as John (Landshark) was doing a great job of taking them with his great camera . Here is the link to his pictures of you want to see great footage of the salom, drag racing, people, and the hotels..here's the link.....post 778...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56094-terlingua-the-event/page__st__760

Here are some pictures at the Lajitas airport where we drag raced and salom raced after my car was washed by the high school volunteers. They did a nice job...got all the bugs off the car....I also took all my tape off that protected the impact areas that weren't clear-bra'ed....

101_8918.jpg

101_8922.jpg

101_8925.jpg

101_8926.jpg

101_8927.jpg

101_8928.jpg

101_8929.jpg

101_8930.jpg

101_8931.jpg

101_8932.jpg

I will get more pictures up when I get some more time....

Alex

Well, one more set of 10 before I go to sleep....it is almost 2:30 am...LOL

This group is at the General Store at the Lajitas Resort and in front of our rooms at the resort....41 cars and 76 people total all staying there...was really cool....right on the border of Mexico. Our resort was right pn the Rio Grand and you could throw a rock across the river to Mexico. I also saw the Milky Way for the first time in my life as we were so isolated from lights...

101_8933.jpg

101_8934.jpg

101_8935.jpg

101_8936.jpg

101_8937.jpg

101_8938.jpg

101_8939.jpg

101_8940.jpg

101_8941.jpg

101_8943.jpg

Alex

Thanks Leann and Michael!!!

All people using photobucket beware....when Michael (mywickedshelby) starts loading pictures he slows all servers down....LOL

Here's some more pictures...these on our cruise through Big Bend National Park, starting along the Rio Grande...the views and sights were just amazing....

100_0001.jpg

100_0002.jpg

100_0003.jpg

100_0004.jpg

100_0005.jpg

100_0006.jpg

100_0007.jpg

100_0008.jpg

101_8952.jpg

101_8953.jpg

Alex

Archived