TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Releases Final Specs on 600+ HP Option for GT350

Guest staff2

Guest staff2

SHELBY AMERICAN RELEASES FINAL SPECS AND NEW 600+ HP OPTION FOR 2011 GT350

Team Shelby – Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK) has released the official performance specs of the supercharged and normally aspirated post title packages for the Shelby GT350, as well as a new higher horsepower option for the 5.0 liter powered car. With up to 624 horsepower on tap via an optional “R” tune, the 2011 Shelby GT350 is one of the most powerful limited production cars in the world.

“Our goal was to build the ultimate small block muscle car,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American. “The results show that the Shelby GT350 takes American performance to an entirely new level. In recent tests, the standard supercharged car hit 60 miles per hour in just 3.7 seconds and ran the quarter in 12 seconds flat at 121.4 mph, all while generating 1.05g of lateral acceleration and stopping from 60 mph in only 107 feet. We believe the ‘R’ tuned GT350 will be even faster.”

The normally aspirated GT350 is available in standard Ford Mustang GT trim for SCCA racing or 430 in the optional tune. The standard supercharged version is rated at 525 horsepower while the “R” tune option delivers 624 horsepower. All versions include Shelby performance suspension, brake, tire/wheel, and interior and exterior styling enhancements that make the GT350 as fast on the curves as it is in the straightaways.

In addition to the optional “R” tune for the supercharger, Shelby American will offer a solid blue painted hood stripes as well as finished rear bumper stripes. A Watts link rear suspension, upgraded stereo, track-oriented brakes and other options are also available on the Shelby.

Standard GT350 package components include:

* Shelby/Ford Racing/Whipple black finish supercharger (supercharged version only)

* Shelby/Ford Racing suspension

* Shelby Caster camber plate kit

* Shelby/Baer 6 piston front brake kit with exclusive nickel anodized finish

* Shelby/Baer ERADISPEED rear rotor and brake pad upgrade

* Front and rear brake duct and cooling kit

* Shelby/Borla unique center exit exhaust

* Shelby/Cragar 19” alloy wheels shod with Goodyear performance tires

* Front fascia including traditional “running pony” badge

* Rear fascia including exclusive GT350 45th anniversary badge

* Unique tail light trim

* Rear deck lid filler panel

* Side Rockers with functional integrated brake cooling ducts

* Exclusive GT350 Guardsman Blue vinyl over-the-top and side stripes

* “Powered by Ford” fender mounted badges

* Serialized engine plate

* Shelby Engine cap set

* Serialized Dash plate with Shelby GT350 sequential serial number

* A-Pillar mounted gauge package

* Embroidered Carroll Shelby Signature front seat headrests

* Exclusive GT350 45th anniversary embroidered front floor mats

* Shelby GT350 45th Anniversary windbreaker jacket

* Carroll Shelby signed passenger airbag cover (subject to availability)

Optional equipment:

* Polished supercharger

* Shelby/Baer 6 piston rear brake upgrade

* Watts link rear suspension

* Goodyear street race tire package

* Painted over the top and side stripe kit

* Shelby/Kicker premium sound system

* Leather seating surfaces with contrasting stitching and red/white/blue insert on front seats

* Tone on tone embroidered GT350 on seat backs

* Console cover and shift boot

Customers interested in a Shelby GT350 can reach the Shelby American sales department at (702) 942-7325 or log onto gt350.shelbyamerican.com.

What is the torque rating of the Chinese manufactured, German designed, Getrag six speed transmission? My understanding is that it falls quite a bit lower than HP/TQ ratings that FRPP is claiming for the non-warrantied version of the Whipple...

Every thing seems nice and all but why not stuff it with forged parts like the cheaper Boss 302 and Roush stage 3 that can handle 15 lbs of boost all day long. This version doesn't sound that strong and seems like it would be almost on borrowed time driving right off the lot. But this is all speculation and opinion.

So, I guess that means I DO have a GT350R

HEY WARREN ,

SCOTTY HERE , WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ; YOU GUESS YOU DO HAVE A GT350R IS THAT

THE UPGRADE OR 624 HP GT350 OR IS THIS SOMETHING DIFFERENT ?

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

SCOTTY :salute:

Well, many of us were hoping for an R package upgrade, and after trying every combination for license plates with gt350 with no luck, I managed to get 350R, so it would have made me a bit of a poser to have that on my 350 without it actually being a "R Package", so now that SA has named the 624hp tune the "R tune", my license plate is actually fitting. Right? Yes, I did sign up for the 624.

Okay guys, enough with the negative vibes here on the engine holding up to the boost....who gives a :censored:

Go big or go home...if I blow the engine, I'll buy a new one and build it right....either way, I plan on having a damn good time seeing if it will take the boost.

a crate 5.0 retails at 5800.00...tearing it down and building it right, another 2500.00....still a bargain compared to the 5.4.

Well, it is possible, but I doubt they would take the time to do that. There will still be slight variations in build times since vinyl striping takes very little time to install vs. painted stripes, and then if there is a parts delay for an upgrade, that might delay some cars as well. It really doesnt matter at this point. It is great news that cars are finally coming out, and it looks as if I will get the first out of Team Shelby members, at least those that are active here, so that is kind of neat. Im not much on taking pictures, but I will document this delivery very well. :salute:

My car is done, and awaiting final inspection, so I have been told it will be ready for pick up in the next week or two. :happy feet:

Well, many of us were hoping for an R package upgrade, and after trying every combination for license plates with gt350 with no luck, I managed to get 350R, so it would have made me a bit of a poser to have that on my 350 without it actually being a "R Package", so now that SA has named the 624hp tune the "R tune", my license plate is actually fitting. Right? Yes, I did sign up for the 624.

Okay guys, enough with the negative vibes here on the engine holding up to the boost....who gives a :censored:

Go big or go home...if I blow the engine, I'll buy a new one and build it right....either way, I plan on having a damn good time seeing if it will take the boost.

a crate 5.0 retails at 5800.00...tearing it down and building it right, another 2500.00....still a bargain compared to the 5.4.

Its the right motor for the car....the 5.4 is for the drag o rama IMO....I agree with you BTW .... run it til it goes boom, I'd bet they live longer than most would expect....Right ON!:superhero:

Well, it is possible, but I doubt they would take the time to do that. There will still be slight variations in build times since vinyl striping takes very little time to install vs. painted stripes, and then if there is a parts delay for an upgrade, that might delay some cars as well. It really doesnt matter at this point. It is great news that cars are finally coming out, and it looks as if I will get the first out of Team Shelby members, at least those that are active here, so that is kind of neat. Im not much on taking pictures, but I will document this delivery very well. :salute:

My car is done, and awaiting final inspection, so I have been told it will be ready for pick up in the next week or two. :happy feet:

Congrats Warren !!! I hope you get your new toy soon. I look forward to seeing the pictures when you post them.

Scotty. :happy feet:

SHELBY AMERICAN RELEASES FINAL SPECS AND NEW 600+ HP OPTION FOR 2011 GT350

Team Shelby – Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK) has released the official performance specs of the supercharged and normally aspirated post title packages for the Shelby GT350, as well as a new higher horsepower option for the 5.0 liter powered car. With up to 624 horsepower on tap via an optional “R” tune, the 2011 Shelby GT350 is one of the most powerful limited production cars in the world.

“Our goal was to build the ultimate small block muscle car,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American. “The results show that the Shelby GT350 takes American performance to an entirely new level. In recent tests, the standard supercharged car hit 60 miles per hour in just 3.7 seconds and ran the quarter in 12 seconds flat at 121.4 mph, all while generating 1.05g of lateral acceleration and stopping from 60 mph in only 107 feet. We believe the ‘R’ tuned GT350 will be even faster.”

The normally aspirated GT350 is available in standard Ford Mustang GT trim for SCCA racing or 430 in the optional tune. The standard supercharged version is rated at 525 horsepower while the “R” tune option delivers 624 horsepower. All versions include Shelby performance suspension, brake, tire/wheel, and interior and exterior styling enhancements that make the GT350 as fast on the curves as it is in the straightaways.

In addition to the optional “R” tune for the supercharger, Shelby American will offer a solid blue painted hood stripes as well as finished rear bumper stripes. A Watts link rear suspension, upgraded stereo, track-oriented brakes and other options are also available on the Shelby.

Standard GT350 package components include:

* Shelby/Ford Racing/Whipple black finish supercharger (supercharged version only)

* Shelby/Ford Racing suspension

* Shelby Caster camber plate kit

* Shelby/Baer 6 piston front brake kit with exclusive nickel anodized finish

* Shelby/Baer ERADISPEED rear rotor and brake pad upgrade

* Front and rear brake duct and cooling kit

* Shelby/Borla unique center exit exhaust

* Shelby/Cragar 19” alloy wheels shod with Goodyear performance tires

* Front fascia including traditional “running pony” badge

* Rear fascia including exclusive GT350 45th anniversary badge

* Unique tail light trim

* Rear deck lid filler panel

* Side Rockers with functional integrated brake cooling ducts

* Exclusive GT350 Guardsman Blue vinyl over-the-top and side stripes

* “Powered by Ford” fender mounted badges

* Serialized engine plate

* Shelby Engine cap set

* Serialized Dash plate with Shelby GT350 sequential serial number

* A-Pillar mounted gauge package

* Embroidered Carroll Shelby Signature front seat headrests

* Exclusive GT350 45th anniversary embroidered front floor mats

* Shelby GT350 45th Anniversary windbreaker jacket

* Carroll Shelby signed passenger airbag cover (subject to availability)

Optional equipment:

* Polished supercharger

* Shelby/Baer 6 piston rear brake upgrade

* Watts link rear suspension

* Goodyear street race tire package

* Painted over the top and side stripe kit

* Shelby/Kicker premium sound system

* Leather seating surfaces with contrasting stitching and red/white/blue insert on front seats

* Tone on tone embroidered GT350 on seat backs

* Console cover and shift boot

Customers interested in a Shelby GT350 can reach the Shelby American sales department at (702) 942-7325 or log onto gt350.shelbyamerican.com.

Has it been confirmed whether there will be a 2012 GT350 yet?

yes, and yes. It will not have the 45th badge on the rear faux gas cap, but will be available in other colors.

Rumors "say" that they may also do a couple verts, but that is still just rumor.

Did Shelby announce a price point for the GT350R? How much over the standard GT350?

Well, the 624HP version has an R Tune, but no R package has been announced.

We have been requesting it though. Rear seat delete, roll cage, and maybe a better suspension would make my wishlist for that. Maybe they can offer that next April to coincide with the Boss LS edition release. :happy feet:

Archived