TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What to use to clean leather interior

Shelby.GT500

How do you guys clean the interior? I am just worried about the suede part. I was thinking of using a microfiber towel soaked in mild soap and hot water.

Thanks.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-18-interior.aspx

I am really satisfied and have had success with the Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner. Great product and great service.

That material is called Alcantara and, believe it or not, is used in some of the most high end cars out there. For general cleaning, dampen a white towel with distilled water and rub until clean. For deeper dirt, get some Leather Masters foam cleaner and rub it in and wipe it off.

+1 the Alcantara on the seats and the steering wheel require special attention; seperate and different from the leather interior.

Here you go.

If the upholstery is not removable it is possible to clean Alcantara ®, by using specific products listed in the

web-site www.alcantara.com . If such products are not available, please follow these instructions: dust the

fabric with care; moisten a soft cloth or a sponge in clean water, wring it thoroughly and run it over the

whole Alcantara ® fabric, making sure not to wet it excessively; rinse the cloth or sponge and repeat as

necessary. Leave to dry (overnight). Once dried, in order to restore the fabric, brush it delicately with a

soft bristle brush.

Thanks for all the response. I thought the material is suede, thanks for clearing it up. Not sure if it is a good idea having it. I mean they do look good but what about after 30k miles? I wish they just use smooth leather everywhere.

Actually it's more durable than suede, 68% polyester 32% polyurethane and is used in Maserati's and Lamborghini's and that's good enough for me .

Thanks for all the response. I thought the material is suede, thanks for clearing it up. Not sure if it is a good idea having it. I mean they do look good but what about after 30k miles? I wish they just use smooth leather everywhere.

i just use warm water and a very mild soap mixture--then dry it woth a clean ,sift towel. Thats why i bought an extra seat cover for my 2010,just in case

I've seen 03 Cobras with over 100k on the clock and the Alcantra, while maybe a little flat, still looked as good as new. I'd bet a little cleaning would make the "flat" look bounce right back to brand new. Its some durable stuff and in all honesty, the cracks that develop in regular leather are far worse to deal with than the Alcantra.

Archived