TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installed the MGW Shifter

AFChief

Installed my MGW shifter I got as a biirthday present this morning. Reviewed the instructions and the YouTube videos several times so there were no surprises.

I was sweating the forward mount pins, but they came out easy with a thin bladed screwdriver. Actually the hardest part was not those pins. but the aft mount. Trying to put the washer, lock nut to stay on while you thread the nut on the studs was a pain since they are straight up and down.

I ended up loosening the trans mount and lowering the trans about 3/8th to 1/2 inch without removing it. Was still tight but doable.

Lift was invaluable. I love the base Auto Hobby shop. :salute:

I adjusted the throw to 4 turns, but will end up turning it out another next time I get it on the lift.

Shifting feels great. The MGW parts are top notch! Even if the performance was the same as stock, the parts quality is an upgrade itself.

:shift:

DSC_0151.jpg

I guess you can see my whiteface gauge upgrade too!

Installed my MGW shifter I got as a biirthday present this morning. Reviewed the instructions and the YouTube videos several times so there were no surprises.

I was sweating the forward mount pins, but they came out easy with a thin bladed screwdriver. Actually the hardest part was not those pins. but the aft mount. Trying to put the washer, lock nut to stay on while you thread the nut on the studs was a pain since they are straight up and down.

I ended up loosening the trans mount and lowering the trans about 3/8th to 1/2 inch without removing it. Was still tight but doable.

Lift was invaluable. I love the base Auto Hobby shop. :salute:

I adjusted the throw to 4 turns, but will end up turning it out another next time I get it on the lift.

Shifting feels great. The MGW parts are top notch! Even if the performance was the same as stock, the parts quality is an upgrade itself.

:shift:

DSC_0151.jpg

I guess you can see my whiteface gauge upgrade too!

One way to help with nut/washer is to use superglue to stick them together. And also, I have used a tiny tad of superglue to attach nut/washer assy to my finger tip to get it onto an impossible to see bolt end. (A B747 flap track internal attachment). Works great and breaks loose easily.

One way to help with nut/washer is to use superglue to stick them together. And also, I have used a tiny tad of superglue to attach nut/washer assy to my finger tip to get it onto an impossible to see bolt end. (A B747 flap track internal attachment). Works great and breaks loose easily.

Good tip. I was almost there when I got it. Hardest part was to be able to manipulate my fingers with the clearance. Then to keep them there while getting the nut to thread.

Archived