TEAM SHELBY FORUM

best brake-upgrade for a GT-H

Nick V

hi guys.

my father has decided to upgrade the stock brakes on his GT-H but what is the best Shelby breake-upgrade he can get without changing the stock wheels?

Without changing the stock wheels, you are basically left with a few options:

Replace the pads with something "harder" than OEM... But will also increase noise, dust & rotor wear.

Replace the brake lines with Stainless Steel lines... Eliminates the "mushy" feeling when you push hard on the brake pedal.

Change to a hi-temp brake fluid if you plan on taking the car to the track (road course)...

Add some kind of brake cooling ducts if you want the brakes to last long enough for repeated use on a road course or autocross session.

Slotted & Cross-drilled rotors are more for appearance than anything else...

Good Luck!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Replace the pads with something "harder" than OEM... But will also increase noise, dust & rotor wear.

Replace the brake lines with Stainless Steel lines... Eliminates the "mushy" feeling when you push hard on the brake pedal.

Change to a hi-temp brake fluid if you plan on taking the car to the track (road course)...

Add some kind of brake cooling ducts if you want the brakes to last long enough for repeated use on a road course or autocross session.

Good Luck!

Gregg

07SGT0547

okay, so none of the brake sets from the Shelby store will fit the GT-H with stock wheels?

2006 GT-H or 2007 GT-H I belive the 2007 has a 18" when the 2006 has a 17"

So if you have a 2007 you have the same rims as a stock Shelby GT check to see what people have done with their SGT

If you have 2006 its just pads and lines and fluid, lines do make more improvment than you would think.

ShelbyGuy

Good Luck!

Gregg

07SGT0547

You are limited to what you can do. 07SGT0547 is right on. Using the stock calipers, I run HPS pads, stainless steel lines, and racing fluid. I think thats about as good as it gets without new rotors. Drilled rotors I am told by many people are mostly for looks. When I do track days, all I change is the pads to HP+ from Hawk. This last time at track, when I got home I noticed I developed stress cracks on the front rotors. I am thinking about the Power Slot Cryo treated rotors.

2006 GT-H or 2007 GT-H I belive the 2007 has a 18" when the 2006 has a 17"

So if you have a 2007 you have the same rims as a stock Shelby GT check to see what people have done with their SGT

If you have 2006 its just pads and lines and fluid, lines do make more improvment than you would think.

ShelbyGuy

it's a 07 vert he's got. so I should be able to find bigger breakes that will fit?

Archived