TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Houston Coffee and Cars

blackonblack

This last Saturday, the weather was perfect and there were some really nice cars at the October Houston Coffee and Cars in Uptown Park. The "feature car was the Gumpert Apollo. Now on sale in the U.S. - starting at $595K - ouch!! Some pictures of it on page 6 of the following link. - http://tinypic.com/a/28vuv/3

• 5 weeks later...

This last Saturday, the weather was perfect and there were some really nice cars at the October Houston Coffee and Cars in Uptown Park. The "feature car was the Gumpert Apollo. Now on sale in the U.S. - starting at $595K - ouch!! Some pictures of it on page 6 of the following link. - http://tinypic.com/a/28vuv/3

I have heard that the Houston Coffee and Cars in November will have to be moved as the event has out grown the Uptown Park area and will not be held there this month.

This information was on their Facebook Web Page.

There was a group of us there. It was small. The security people at each entrance was funny, sad, and lame. I spoke with three different people that said that the security people tried to tell them that they could not come in because of the car show being cancelled. So they said does that mean starbucks is closed? And, then they let them in the lot. Pathetic! Also, while the show had grown in ways nobody expected, the real reason it was cancelled was because the property owners and the businesses did not want people in their parking lot while they were closed for business because it made it hard for people to park while the businesses were closed. The guy that runs the cigar shop was even irrate at one guy, that wanted to buy tobacco from him, because there were cars in the lot , again while he was closed. The owner refused to sell to the guy because he did not open until 10am and it was 8:30am. I guess some places are so successful that they can turn away people. Man, the economy must be doing much better than the media lets us know about.

Anyway, it should be back on for Dec, but at a new location. The most likely place as of saturday was the lot across from the Galleria where that Starbucks is. I'll post again when I get an official notice.

• 4 weeks later...

There was a group of us there. It was small. The security people at each entrance was funny, sad, and lame. I spoke with three different people that said that the security people tried to tell them that they could not come in because of the car show being cancelled. So they said does that mean starbucks is closed? And, then they let them in the lot. Pathetic! Also, while the show had grown in ways nobody expected, the real reason it was cancelled was because the property owners and the businesses did not want people in their parking lot while they were closed for business because it made it hard for people to park while the businesses were closed. The guy that runs the cigar shop was even irrate at one guy, that wanted to buy tobacco from him, because there were cars in the lot , again while he was closed. The owner refused to sell to the guy because he did not open until 10am and it was 8:30am. I guess some places are so successful that they can turn away people. Man, the economy must be doing much better than the media lets us know about.

Anyway, it should be back on for Dec, but at a new location. The most likely place as of saturday was the lot across from the Galleria where that Starbucks is. I'll post again when I get an official notice.

It is at the Marq-E center on I-10 and Silber.

Here is a copy of the newsletter which was sent out yesterday:

Houston Coffee and Cars

Archived