TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for pictures of 2011 Kona Blue with white stripes

FredBloggs

Hello all. I am thinking of ordering a 2011 GT500 in kona blue with white stripes. I see a lot of Internet pics of 2010 with wide stripes but want to see the narrower ones of the 2011. Thanks all!

Hi Fred,

In order to get the SVT (thin) stripes you must order a car with the SVT Package. Unfortunately, the white stripes on Kona Blue are only available on NON-SVT package equipped cars - which would be the the wide stripes. You could order a stripe delete car and have the thin stripes applied afterwards...but it will probably be costly.

Someone could probably photoshop the SVT white stripes onto a Kona Blue car for you.

Hi Fred,

In order to get the SVT (thin) stripes you must order a car with the SVT Package. Unfortunately, the white stripes on Kona Blue are only available on NON-SVT package equipped cars - which would be the the wide stripes. You could order a stripe delete car and have the thin stripes applied afterwards...but it will probably be costly.

Someone could probably photoshop the SVT white stripes onto a Kona Blue car for you.

Thank you for the reply. Maybe now I need to consider the non-SVT model as I really like the color combo...and the car will be more of a daily ride (except in bad weather).

Hello all. I am thinking of ordering a 2011 GT500 in kona blue with white stripes. I see a lot of Internet pics of 2010 with wide stripes but want to see the narrower ones of the 2011. Thanks all!

The hottest and fastest color combo happy%20feet.gif . To get the white stripes you'll have to order the car without the SVT Performance Package. On a Kona Blue car, the SVT Performance Pack stripe options are red or none. The SVT PP stripes are narrower as well. Non-SVT PP stripes on the 2011 are the same as the stripes on the 2010.

P1020498.JPG

P1020500.JPG

BB FR3 and Alcoa II.jpg

...I need some updated pics:doh:

P1020498.JPG

P1020500.JPG

BB FR3 and Alcoa II.jpg

Psst....Check out a Kona Blue with Silver stripes.....better then the white :P I also have to admit, I never thought the Kona Blue with red PP stripes would look good, then I saw it. I think it looks great. Different look, but I like it a lot. For a daily driver IMHO the "standard" GT500 is a fantastic car. Ride is nice and does not beat you up in any way.

Good luck with whatever you do. Honestly, there is no bad choice.

Mike

2011 GT500 Kona Blue with Silver stripes :peelout:

Fords stripe policy is just flat anti-customer. With a $60k car we should have available the entire options line-up for Mustangs as well as stripe delete or which-ever color/width combo we choose.

The 5.0 has a whole lot more options than the Shelby, including a 6 speed auto.

My Shelby arrives in about 6 weeks.(At last!) Non SVTPP, but with really yewgly wide-ass white stripes of cheapo vinyl tape. Latest from dealer is removal at no cost to me. Sure hope so. Someone here said that taking his off was six hours and the death of his wife's hairdryer.

Great.

Just great.

Thanks FoMoCo, for your limited choices.

Thank you for the reply. Maybe now I need to consider the non-SVT model as I really like the color combo...and the car will be more of a daily ride (except in bad weather).

If its a daily driver, DEFINITELY go with the non-SVTPP. Its expensive and stiffer. For a DD you will be more than pleased with the stock suspension and you'll have the wide stripes you want, as well. Good Luck!!

Fords stripe policy is just flat anti-customer. With a $60k car we should have available the entire options line-up for Mustangs as well as stripe delete or which-ever color/width combo we choose.

The 5.0 has a whole lot more options than the Shelby, including a 6 speed auto.

My Shelby arrives in about 6 weeks.(At last!) Non SVTPP, but with really yewgly wide-ass white stripes of cheapo vinyl tape. Latest from dealer is removal at no cost to me. Sure hope so. Someone here said that taking his off was six hours and the death of his wife's hairdryer.

Great.

Just great.

Thanks FoMoCo, for your limited choices.

Archived