TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 NASA Powered GT-500

axo250

I generally posted pictures on a streetbike forum from around my work to show what a small piece of your tax money goes towards. Now that I have a Shelby, I wanted to do the same here. I don't make serious bank like some people do on the forum, but I sure do love my job and I am honored to be able to share a little bit of it. I've taken the car out to work for photos twice now and the pictures are below. We are currently scheduling a group photoshoot of about 15-20 Shelbys/Roushs/Saleens/Modified GTs so I will post a few pics up from that at a later date. Hope you all enjoy!!!

th_DSC02552.jpg th_DSC02720.jpg th_DSC02781.jpg th_DSC02787.jpg th_DSC02840.jpg th_DSC02848.jpg th_DSC02853.jpg th_DSC02869.jpg th_DSC02878.jpg th_DSC02839.jpg

Thanks for the comments! I love being able to drive the Shelby in at work because its just too cool of a feeling. If you haven't ever gotten to see a rocket launch I highly suggest it! The shuttle is the best but unfortunately they are getting harder and harder to see because only a few are left.

EagleDriver- Good call on the Apollo Launch Complex. The photo was taken at Complex 34 where the Apollo I crew lost their lives during a countdown demonstration test. A couple of more Saturn I missions were launched from there until Apollo 8 whereby the Saturn V was launched from LC-41 (The current shuttle pads). Access really isn't limited for us on the old launch complexes. Just about all of them are open to see as long as one is badged to get onto Cape Canaveral Air Force Station or Kennedy Space Center. Unfortunately the general public is pretty much off limits. The Visitor's Center gives a small tour around CCAFS but I don't think they include said location. Good luck to your son! Never know what can happen! I have been hell bent on being an Eagle or Falcon Driver my whole life, and came darn close to it, until I couldn't get around a slight color deficiency.

If you haven't ever gotten to see a rocket launch I highly suggest it!

I can't imagine what it's like to see a shuttle launch in person. Something that I always thought about - but I just don't have the means to get down there and check it out. I'm sure you feel very fortunate to witness all that stuff first hand.

Thanks for the great pics! Reminds me of the Apollo 13 launch I saw in person, just a few years back. Really awesome. Hope I wasn't the one who jinxed it! I also love bikes, my current ride being an '09 k1300s BMW, that can do a low 10 sec quarter mile, although I don't race it.

Archived