TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black KR hood on Ebay

speedyman

There is a KR hood on Ebay with a buy-it-now of 2999.00. No takers or bidders with less than a day left. Maybe these things aren't such a hot item after all. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mustang-Shelby-GT500-KR-Carbon-Fiber-Hood-Original-/260670528320?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb12c9b40

Maybe because the little feedback the seller has, isn't stellar. Maybe because he won't ship, so you either need to be local, or arrange your own shipping.

If it were in my area, I'd grab it. :)

WOW seller has a 93.8% feedback with only 14 exchanges. If that doesn't say buyer beware.:redcard:

It only takes 1 negative to get that rating with 14 exchanges; to his credit, you could get that one negative after 4, 14 or 1400 exchanges it's still just 1 negative as you can't please them all.

Although he advertises it as "new, not reproduction" that address is familiar. I believe that I remember someone selling “KR" hood reproductions coming from that city (coincidence?) or it could be a factory blem or it could be legit.

I see the auction has ended and not sold.

Speedy......why are you so quick to crap on the KR and its parts? That's all you seem to do is point out how KR parts are everywhere for sale and how the prices are dropping like a rock. I sometimes wonder what your motive is.

Can you address the masses here and explain yourself? Do you even own a "Mustang"? If I had to guess, i'd say you have a GM product in your garage.

......looking forward to your next post about a KR that sold for under $50k.

Speedy......why are you so quick to crap on the KR and its parts? That's all you seem to do is point out how KR parts are everywhere for sale and how the prices are dropping like a rock. I sometimes wonder what your motive is.

Can you address the masses here and explain yourself? Do you even own a "Mustang"? If I had to guess, i'd say you have a GM product in your garage.

......looking forward to your next post about a KR that sold for under $50k.

Merely pointing out a trend, sorry if you are not comfortable with that. I'll pass on your interragation.

One could also make the case that people are not likely to buy a three thousand dollar hood for a mustang.

Most aren't. That's why a few people have KRs, and most do not.

I'd grab that hood in a minute for that price, if I could drive over, inspect for authenticity and flaws, and pick it up undamaged. Even if it could easily be cloned, you'd have money tied up in making the mold and buying the supplies. Carbon fiber isn't cheap right now, nor is the epoxy. Even the pizza oven needed to cure something that size, and the vacuum-bagging stuff will cost some $, and I suspect that the clone still won't be exactly the same, or as nice as the hood on my KR.

$3K is a steal, if the hood is real and undamaged.

Speedy obviously hasn't looked at the QUALITY of the KR hood, I'm sure it cost a lot more than $3000 each for a run of 1600-2000 or so hoods. The KR hood is one of the most stunning pieces of precision composites I've seen, look at the thickness and the strength of the internal air channels, simply amazing. :slapfight:

Merely pointing out a trend, sorry if you are not comfortable with that. I'll pass on your interragation.

It's not that i'm uncomfortable with the trend you keep pointing out but...it's like a broken record. Can you contribute something else to the KR forum for a change?

$3K is still alot of money for an item that KR owners may not need at the moment especially in this economy. My car is insured. If the hood is damaged my insurance company pays for a new hood. Why should I lay out $3K now when I don't need it?

Why should non KR owners spend that money when a clone KR hood could be had for substantially less.

As an above post notes in this economy people aren't throwing money around especially for item that aren't in immediate need.

Further, even if I was interested in the hood I would have to confirm it was the real deal and undamaged and not a "second".

Why should non KR owners spend that money when a clone KR hood could be had for substantially less.

Why get a "clone" when you can spend a few more bucks and get the real thing with perfect fitment and function? I have seen clone hoods that need a ton of finishing work done on them... Plus they are heavier...

Archived