TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found An Enclose Car Hauler For A Reasonable Price

lawdude

Owner said he hauled his fox body in it. Anyone know if 7' width is too narrow for our Shelbys?

I do not think you would be able to open your door you would have crawl out the window. Mine is 8.5' wide and it is tough to get in and out.

LawDude, just my 2 cents worth...Storm is absolutely right!!!

Don't use anything smaller. Here's why. If the doors don't open, then the driver MUST enter/exit through an open window, which means over the top of your belt mldgs. This can be terrible, as I found out shipping my 135i here to Canada. The driver was a sub 300lb. dude! He climbed over the open window mldgs (with jeans on) and not only scarred for good the belt mldg, but scratched the top of the doors AND placed his giant tree stump square in the center of the drivers seat and 'stretched' the material in that area in the shape of a size 12! It just recently sorta returned to a flat surface! Not to mention the marks all over the dash, as he kicked all around to manuver his fat$#@ inside my car!

Enough said!! :banghead:

I use Thomas Sunday trucking...only now! You will not be disatisfied!

Charlene (717) 697-0939

BIKEBOY

Mike,

Since you have a coupe, your rear seats should fold down allowing for entry through the trunk... that's how i'd do it if the trailer was really narrow. You could always send the wifey through or a smaller driver / teenage kid. Just a thought.

Where you hauling your car?

keith

Mike,

Since you have a coupe, your rear seats should fold down allowing for entry through the trunk... that's how i'd do it if the trailer was really narrow. You could always send the wifey through or a smaller driver / teenage kid. Just a thought.

Where you hauling your car?

keith

Maybe Silver Dollar in Reynolds, maybe Silver Springs FL meet in January - stuff like that.

The next trailer I get is gonna have a slide out where the door opens on your car. I saw one at the race track a few years back, that's the way to go.

One of the big haulers , as I recall, has soft sides on the trailer. It goes down the road and the sides flutter a bit. Is that set up like a roll-up shade? Anyone know? That seems it would be a wise set up. I guess it would be easier to damage the goods inside if something was tossed into the trailer from the outside, through the cloth?

IMHO, it really comes down to the individual driver and his care and attention to the car. In this instance (hauling biz) it really doesn't always pay to go with a discount! The little money you save on the front side could be multiplied in repairs at the end!

BIKEBOY

Not wanting someone else to haul it. I want to buy a trailer and haul it myself.

When I bought mine I had the company put a door on the drivers side so you can open that, then open da car door and exit . Extra cost was maybe 200 more . Well worth it :dance:

Bob

When I bought mine I had the company put a door on the drivers side so you can open that, then open da car door and exit . Extra cost was maybe 200 more . Well worth it :dance:

Bob

Thats what a Friend of mine did. He says it's the best thing about the Trailer. Get the "V" Nose to.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to agree with the others. Do what you can to get a wide enough trailer so that you can move past the car once it is inside. The extra room will assist in getting the car strapped down and will also help with getting the car in and out square with some margin of error not being a problem.

Don't even think about investing the money without getting a side door installed. Then you just fold it back, drive in and get out.

An electric winch is a nice thing as well and not that expensive. Get one with a remote cord.

Depending on your tow vehicle and what you plan to do with the trailer, having a 24 or 25 foot one will give you LOTS more room for stuff over the smaller ones.

These options don't add that much to the trailer and I would buy a cheaper overall trailer with the options before I bought a nicer trailer without.

If you haven't pulled an enclosed before, make sure and note that your moving the car forward or backward by just 6 inches can make a huge difference in how the rig handles. If the truck and trailer or rocking back and forth and not steady, you can move the car forward about 6 inches to a foot and completely calm that down to a steady pulling situation. It can mean the difference between getting somewhere safe and destroying your entire investment.

My two cents, for free!

Archived