TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Passenger Wheel Well

AlloyDropTop

My car has had the front suspension apart and parts replaced about 4 times now looking for a thunking / clunking noise.

I was under the front end and it seems like a plastic fenderwell part might be missing, that may have been forgotten during a reassembly.

On the drivers side, a plastic part in the wheel well is right in front of the sway bar, seeming to be there to deflect air tword the brake, but on the passenge side, it doesn't exist.

Can somebody post a picture of the passeger wheel well, with the tire / wheel removed, so I can see if this part is on your car, to verify I am missing it, or maybe it simply doesn't exist on the passenger side for some reason. I could only find a few pictures on the internet, and from the two I saw, this part may actually be drivers side specific for some reason, but a picture of somebody else's would verify I don't need to go get somebody to replace it.

Is it a one time thunk upon first starting the car and rolling forward? If so there is a thread on here advising that it has to do with a clutch pack or something related to the AC compressor. It is a loud thunk and you hear it from the drivers side of the car.

Is it a one time thunk upon first starting the car and rolling forward? If so there is a thread on here advising that it has to do with a clutch pack or something related to the AC compressor. It is a loud thunk and you hear it from the drivers side of the car.

The noise is more of a loose sound over low speed bumps. More like a sloppy strut mount, sloppy bushings, bad strut, bad ball joint, etc... Problem is everyone of those parts has been replaced.

It is possible I am overly sensitive to this noise, but It seems like too much to me.

The noise is more of a loose sound over low speed bumps. More like a sloppy strut mount, sloppy bushings, bad strut, bad ball joint, etc... Problem is everyone of those parts has been replaced.

It is possible I am overly sensitive to this noise, but It seems like too much to me.

Did you have the front lower control arms replaced? There's a TSB on it ... TSB-09-24-16.

Archived