TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Yet another new Shelby owner

Bushmaster

Another newbie first-time Shelby owner here - I just bought 2008 GT-C #0163 from John Scardino (acer08). My name's Mark and I'm in Austin, TX. I'm 56 and I've been a big fan of Carroll Shelby and his creations since I was about 12. I distinctly remember reading the XKE vs. 427 Cobra shootout in Automobile Quarterly in the school library. I was just starting to be a gearhead and that article made a huge impression on me and since then, I've been into everything Shelby.

I recently decided that it was finally time to own a Shelby and with help from a couple of Team Shelby and SAAC members, got in touch with John. The car just arrived here yesterday evening and I got to drive it for the first time this morning. And, man, am I jazzed. I'm not a stranger to Mustangs - over the last few years I've owned, among others, a True Blue '01 GT, an Electric Red '05 GT, an '87 coupe big block-powered drag car and a low miles Reef Blue '93 LX coupe. But this is the pinnacle, so far, and I can't wait to start enjoying it.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as I go along, especially regarding a supercharger upgrade in a few months. I can't believe I actually own a Shelby automobile.

Colorado_2697.jpg

Hi Mark,

Only fitting that I'm the first to congratulate you on your fine purchase, and welcome you to Team Shelby.

I'm sure your nephew had a great time driving her from CO. to TX.

Great people here, with answers to all of your questions.

Tom

Hi Mark,

Only fitting that I'm the first to congratulate you on your fine purchase, and welcome you to Team Shelby.

I'm sure your nephew had a great time driving her from CO. to TX.

Great people here, with answers to all of your questions.

Tom

Thanks, Tom! And thanks for being the guy who pointed me at John's car. If you're ever in central Texas, I owe you a monster plate of Tex-Mex (or BBQ)! I've been out ratting around town in it all morning and having an absolute blast. So far, there's not one thing I'd change about the car - it's nirvana on wheels.

Mark

Thanks, Tom! And thanks for being the guy who pointed me at John's car. If you're ever in central Texas, I owe you a monster plate of Tex-Mex (or BBQ)! I've been out ratting around town in it all morning and having an absolute blast. So far, there's not one thing I'd change about the car - it's nirvana on wheels.

Mark

Attaboy, Lock up the women and children, here comes Mark in his Shelby! :shift: I'm as excited as you are! :happy feet:

Welcome to Team Shelby, we now have 2 GT-C's in the Austin area. I'm in Pflugerville.

Hi Dwain - I knew there was another one in the area. I think I've seen you on the AAS board, haven't I?

Hi Dwain - I knew there was another one in the area. I think I've seen you on the AAS board, haven't I?

Yes you have, we need to get together and attend some of the local events.

Yes you have, we need to get together and attend some of the local events.

I think I'm going to show it at this show in San Antonio later in the month - http://www.samustang.com/2010_carshow.htm

And a group of us are planning on going down to the NMRA event at Baytown in November.

I used to be pretty active in AAS back around 7-9 years ago, but most of those folks have moved on and it's not the same club it was then. Haven't really done any AAS stuff in quite a few years, though I still check in on the board from time to time.

• 4 weeks later...

Not quite UT orange, but it'll do.

I should bring my White GT over when I visit my daughter at UT. Go horns!

Well, I grew up in Little Rock, so I had brief second thoughts about getting an orange car in the first place! :hysterical:

Go Hogs! :happy feet:

Archived