TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H for a GT-500 40th?

I found a nice 2007 vista blue w/ white stripes GT 500. I am considering selling my GT-H and buying the GT-500 (35,000) and sending it to SAI for a 40th package. Not sur what the GT-H are getting. Any thoughts guys and gals?

I am going to call SAI to confirm the cost for the 40th and it appears December 2010 is the end for this post title mod. I do love my GT-H, but before I consider my last issue - painting the stripes I want to look into this option before I go further.

Harald,

The 500 is an amazing car, and the 40th is a great post-title package. But your GTH is awesome, especially since you've added the s-charger. Don't do it!

If you feel like spending some money, pull that auto trans out of your car, (shrink wrap it and store it on a pallett), then drop in a stick :shift: thats what I'd do, and you'd have one of the baddest GT-H's out there!

Tom

Hi Harold... I say, if thats what you really want, then go for it!! Killer deals out there right now on VERY low mileage, untouched GT500's.. then get the 40th package... As for what your car is worth, I say a stock GT-H, fully documented in great conditon ballpark is worth low $30's.. But with your SAI Paxton, its gotta be worth low-mid $40''s... Either way, you cant lose.. Decisions, decisions!:-)

I found a nice 2007 vista blue w/ white stripes GT 500. I am considering selling my GT-H and buying the GT-500 (35,000) and sending it to SAI for a 40th package. Not sur what the GT-H are getting. Any thoughts guys and gals?

I am going to call SAI to confirm the cost for the 40th and it appears December 2010 is the end for this post title mod. I do love my GT-H, but before I consider my last issue - painting the stripes I want to look into this option before I go further.

Let me speak from experience ( and a couple too many rum and cokes) tonight. In 2006 and 2007 I rented a GT-H coupe and convertible in Las Vegas. I knew I was gonna buy a new Shelby. I was jonesing for a GT500 when they came out (because of the 500 horse power) and finally got a 2008 vista Blue/white stripe in late 2008 at sticker.

After I got the 2008 GT500 I started SUPER, DUPER JONESING for a GT-H because of the couple I rented in Las Vegas. After a 9 month search, in 2009, I found my GT-H.

So in 2009 I have both cars. GT500 has amazing power and that super charger whine that makes you melt. The GT-H has less horse power, smaller engine but is way lighter and nimble, but it has something else....... It's hard to describe, the exhaust tone is something truly amazing and the mystic is,...... well......... just like the female character on Xmen........ it's WOW WEEEEEE WOW WOW!!!!!!!(that's the rum talkin).

In short, I decided to sell my 2008 GT500 Vista blue/white stripe and keep m GT-H. I can get another GT500 anytime,........ but the "right" GT-H will be super hard to find. Yeah it's got a 4.6, way less hp, but baby, it's got mystic (think Xmen girl, hot, nimble and some other things........ yum). There is just something about that car.

And if you think I am kinda nuts, well I still have a 68 GT500 vert. Now that car is kinda like an "Ann Margaret" kinda girl, but thats another analogy and there is definitely more rum involved in describing this all.

So, GT-H is the "Mystic" of cars and the 60's GT500's are the "Ann Margaret" of cars and the new GT500's are the.... well.......... the "Megan Fox" of cars......... hot and fast. So, IF it were me, I'd keep the GT-H BUT since you need to quench your thirst, give the GT500 a try and see what you think. You might like it but I'd keep that GT-H

jmho

QSS

Edit: P.S. I think the stock shifter in the new GT500's is sorely lacking, and the clutch issues are always something to think about. That too influenced me in selling my 08 GT500 but it looks like your a MOD Monkey (no disrespect intended) so you can just change this stuff out.

QSS

The GT-Hs seem to be holding their value especially the 2006 coupes. The market forces are really driving down the higher volumn GT-500s and there are a lot of really great buys out there including the far less plentiful 40th Anniversary, KRs, etc. The decision comes down to what You want. I sold my first GT-H, regretted it, then had to go find another one. But then again, I just saw a really nice Vista Blue GT-500 Convertible for sale and well..........? Decisions, Decisions. Shelbys are like fine ladies, you like 'em all, but you can have only one, well maybe more than one.

The GT-Hs seem to be holding their value especially the 2006 coupes. The market forces are really driving down the higher volumn GT-500s and there are a lot of really great buys out there including the far less plentiful 40th Anniversary, KRs, etc. The decision comes down to what You want. I sold my first GT-H, regretted it, then had to go find another one. But then again, I just saw a really nice Vista Blue GT-500 Convertible for sale and well..........? Decisions, Decisions. Shelbys are like fine ladies, you like 'em all, but you can have only one, well maybe more than one.

Well said my friend like a fine wine. One is never enough.

Scotty. :salute:

Well the decision was made for me. The vista blue GT 500 sold today for $32,000. It only has 2,000 + miles on it. He was asking $35,000. It was a cash deal. I did not think it would be gone this quick. To that end, this idea was not ment to be. When I found # 50 looking for a car for my 50th birthday it was like an omen. Now that the GT 500 sold, this also must be an omen. I guess I will just keep the GTH, paint the stripes since I can't can't have both.

The 40th package will stop in December 2010 if anyone is considering one. I did drive my car today and it still puts a great smile on my face.

Now the 5-speed idea HHMMMMMMM :drool: . Not sure if this is something that I would want to do but it sure would be awesome Tom (Cali KR).

Well the decision was made for me. The vista blue GT 500 sold today for $32,000. It only has 2,000 + miles on it. He was asking $35,000. It was a cash deal. I did not think it would be gone this quick. To that end, this idea was not ment to be. When I found # 50 looking for a car for my 50th birthday it was like an omen. Now that the GT 500 sold, this also must be an omen. I guess I will just keep the GTH, paint the stripes since I can't can't have both.

The 40th package will stop in December 2010 if anyone is considering one. I did drive my car today and it still puts a great smile on my face.

Now the 5-speed idea HHMMMMMMM :drool: . Not sure if this is something that I would want to do but it sure would be awesome Tom (Cali KR).

PM'd

post-18629-056412200 1286154593_thumb.jpg

post-18629-074315200 1286154613_thumb.jpg

post-18629-056412200 1286154593_thumb.jpg

post-18629-074315200 1286154613_thumb.jpg

Not a 5 speed.... a 6 speed! D+D Performance sell a complete conversion fairly affordably.

Add 3.73 or 4.10s and you will have one of the fastest street cars in town!

Archived