TEAM SHELBY FORUM

alcoa ss wheels

frazierfreud

anybody widen the alcoa s.s. wheels or know if weldcraft can widen them to successfully fit on gt500? i would be interested in at least an 11" rear wheel...maybe 11.5". would like to run minimun of 325 tire up to maybe 345 on the 20" rim with inflated tire height of 27". since the tire height would be same as stock, i would think i could run the 20" rims with that wide of a tire without issue...with some bumpstop trimming. thoughts?

Do a search, several threads on this (i'm too lazy to do it for you). You can go up to 11.75 and run a 335 if that helps.

on the alcoa s.s. wheels? i hear the offset on the alcoas may not be condusive to widening due to tires sticking outside the fender well. i know i can widen many other wheels for my car that wide....just wondering specifically about the s.s. wheels.

yes, you can widen to 11.75 without any issues and run the 335/30/20 ps2. all you have to do is trim the bumpstop bracket and center your rear perfectly and you are good to go. the only issue that i found with this set up is that the 335 tire is very expensive and hard to get, because its used on vettes.

I am opting to go with an 11.5 wheel and going with a 305 drag radial or a 315 tire, each are more than 27.5in tall but you are safe until you go a little wider

yes, you can widen to 11.75 without any issues and run the 335/30/20 ps2. all you have to do is trim the bumpstop bracket and center your rear perfectly and you are good to go. the only issue that i found with this set up is that the 335 tire is very expensive and hard to get, because its used on vettes.

I am opting to go with an 11.5 wheel and going with a 305 drag radial or a 315 tire, each are more than 27.5in tall but you are safe until you go a little wider

can i go with an 11.5 ss wheel, nitto nto5r 315/35 r20 with eibach prokit springs or do i need frpp springs? i have qa1 adjustable rears, d spec fronts.

can i go with an 11.5 ss wheel, nitto nto5r 315/35 r20 with eibach prokit springs or do i need frpp springs? i have qa1 adjustable rears, d spec fronts.

U can go 11.5 with a 315 but u need to get the toyo version because they are 27.5 tall as the nitto 315/35 is 28.8 tall which is too tall

Archived